For Sale (VIEW ALL) An online swap meet for sale of individual items. NO UNPAID ADVERTISING ALLOWED

1981 280zx

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 07:23 PM

1981 280zx

The car is a 1981 280ZX n/a 5speed coupe. I am asking $1,000 OBO.

This car is in excellent shape given the mileage (325,XXX.) It starts up everytime, and runs great. I had the intention of fixing it up all the way and driving it as my first car. Money issues have made that impossible, and I have started the project of fixing up a dirt bike. We did drive it before we did the tear down and it ran great even then.

Since we drove it, we replaced the driveshaft, both half-shafts, tie-rods, idler arm bushings, and numerous basic tune-up items.

This car would be an excellent donor car as mostly all the parts are in perfect working order. The clutch and tranny are nearly pristine. The head was rebuilt not long ago, and we did several compression tests and it is running at stock level. All the injectors have been replaced, as well as all of the spark plugs. Spark plug wires were replaced a couple of thousand miles ago also. I took all of the A/C components off because the A/C doesn't work, but I still have them if you would like to repair it. The heat works very well.

I bought newer seats from the Z31 300ZX, which are blue. They are in perfect condition. The car is complete minus a few of the inside panels. Most panels were repainted black. I applied custom black carpet less than a year ago and it is still pristine. There is a AM/FM Radio and Cassette which works well. There is also a new antenna. I have two small speakers under the seats, and two in the rear wired up if you would like them.

It did have a few rust spots on the body, but they have been treated with POR-15, and bondoed, primered, and sanded. If you wanted to paint it, it is ready, although it looks nice in Primer also.

Major Needs -

The car does need a few things to make it driveable due to emissions laws. I had the intention of cutting of what is left of the exhaust and getting a glasspack welded on. It will need a muffler. I was planning on getting the emissions waiver.

To pass the safety test, it needs the front portion of the e-brake cable. I have the old one, and you could try to weld it on. My torch was not hot enough. It also needs a new ignition switch, as the one in the car broke last month. It could also use two new back tires as they are starting to peel.

As I said, the car is in excellent shape, and just needs a few things to make it road worthy. If you would like to know anything else specifically, you can either e-mail me at philipja@sbcglobal.net or call the number below. Please leave a message as due to salesman, we rarely answer the phone. I will get back to you as soon as possible with the answer to any question you have. I can arrange shipping if needed, or you can come pick it up. I live in the South West side of Fort Worth, TX.

Thanks

(817) 423-1822
philipja@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by attworth; 01-20-2004 at 07:21 PM.