280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Hoods:Interested?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:38 AM

so any updates on this man?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Yeah have you moved yet.. I have the money ready>>> Lets do it J.. Gimme some C/F
Old 07-27-2005, 06:50 AM
Z8 driver

Originally Posted by s/cL3.0
Yeah have you moved yet.. I have the money ready>>> Lets do it J.. Gimme some C/F
werd. I am holding out for one with a cowl induction scoop... any hope??
Old 07-28-2005, 12:41 AM

come on i want to see this
Old 07-29-2005, 11:15 AM

JFairladyZ, my hood's still available for the mold ... I'm just waiting for you to say yea or nay.

Understandibly, he's got some things to work out before business gets up and running. I can assure you, he's working hard to get products on the shelf.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:09 PM

Hey guys. Sorry, it's been a while since I've had access to an internet connection, and even now I've only got a couple of minutes. I'll go ahead and answer your questions real quick though. As far as updates go, I'm in the middle of a lot of drama right now with zoning laws and what not so I'm having trouble getting a shop up and running, but I'm definitely working on it and hopefully it will be soon. I'm being told I can't even have electricity run to my OWN house!!! How ridiculous is that, let alone to the shop I'm not aloud to build. I'm trying to find ways around this though. And since it's a mobile home, I'm also looking into having it moved to an area less strict on these types of things. So yes, I've moved. But no, not into my house. I'm staying with my wifes grandparents at the moment until we can get something worked out with the city or find a new piece of land to buy. My car made it out here to VA with no problems except for some minor overheating during midday driving and the lack of AC was a killer. But atleast it didn't break down this time. Thats a plus.

Once all this is straitened out, I can go ahead and get started on making the parts. And s/c, I never did get those emblems. Email me the address you sent them to, and I'll let you know if it was the right one. I don't know what happened, but I put in a forward to my new address so I don't think thats the problem. And DynamicJ (is that you Jabo?), a cowl induction wouldn't be any problem at all. When the time comes, just let me know how much of a cowl you're looking for, and I'll get it done for you. And dorifto, give me little bit and I'll get back to you on the hood thing. I'm gonna check out a couple of the yards around here to save us both time, and myself the money of having it shipped if I can get the hood cheaper than shipping. All in all, it's been pretty nonprogressive as far as the business goes (or anything for that matter), but I'm definitely working hard at getting everything up and running. First I gotta work on actually being able to live in my own house, then get the shop up and going. But like I said, once all that is worked out, I'm ready to go on materials and things (I don't think my GParents-n-law would appreciate me making car parts in their kitchen ). I'll get back to you guys soon.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:19 PM

Sounds like quite the predicament, Jason. Hope it works out for the better. I'm down with whatever you decide, though we for sure won't be able to use my hatch. Too much stuff to do with it ... I'm better off buying a different one.

Also, that friend of mine with the '82 2+2, he's still good with letting me borrow the turbo hood, hatch, fenders, and headlight buckets, so if you need any of those from me, I can supply.

Good to hear you're still kicking around, bro. Keep us updated if possible.

-Dave-O
Old 08-10-2005, 08:35 PM

Yeah it's nice to be back online and checking in with the forum. I've been off for so long I missed quite a bit of posting. And now I'm on dial up which makes it take that much longer to surf through the site and look at any pics that get posted. I miss my hi speed . Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess. I'll be in touch with you dorifto here soon. And to everyone checking out my site and responding to it, thanks, I appreciate it and I get all the submission. I'm still having the drawing, it's just gonna be pushed back a bit further than I originally planned with all these delays. I'm back around now, maybe not as frequently as before, but I'm here. And it's nice to be back.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:49 PM

good to have you back J
Old 08-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Z8 driver

Glad you're back! Sucks you have dial-up! Jeez, well...

On the cowl subject, I think I may have to go ahead and have one put on my existing hood, b/c it looks like I am going to have problems with the hood closing over the carb. As soon as everything gets off the ground for ya, I'll definately do what it takes to get a cowl CF hood. Is there anything we can do to help??? (please don't say money )

yes, DynamicJ is Jabo
Old 08-11-2005, 11:55 AM

Well since money is out of the question I guess just stay interested. That's my main motivation. The whole reason I started this whole thing was the lack of stuff like this for the 280zx. As long as there's a market for this stuff I'm definitely going to keep doing it. The thing that motivates me the most is when I hear things like what DynamicJ is asking for. Custom parts, not just stock looking replacement panels. That shows a pretty high interest in the want to "modify" your vehicle. And since I'm going to be a new company dealing in a market that's pretty much untapped, it's up to you guys as enthusiasts to decide what parts you want made. I keep track of every suggestion that gets thrown in here and my other thread as well as the website. So most any part that I come out with will probably be someones "custom" idea to begin with. I've gotten some requests from people who don't want their idea produced, just one off-ed so they can be different. Which is cool, and I'd be happy to do things like that too.

SO other than giving me all your savings and possibly your place of residence so you can sleep in your car, just stay interested and the parts are definitely coming.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Bleach is my Hero

I am going crazy waiting man but I will be waiting for sure...