280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cd deck with orange lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:58 PM

Cd deck with orange lighting?

Anyone know of any decent CD decks that light up orange at night to match the other gauge lighting? I cannot find anything at all! The closest I get is red. It preferably should come with some sort of an aux input for Ipod and I also don't like flashy displays all that much so the simplier the better.
However these are not priority, number one is it's gotta be orange so all will be considered. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:05 PM
The Good Twin

Sony makes (or made) several orange LCD screen cd decks. There's also quite a few decks these days that allow you to change the background color. Check out www.bestbuy.com or www.crutchfield.com
Old 08-02-2007, 03:06 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

probably going to have to look for something older. i had some old pioneers that matched fairly close to the orange in my z31. havent seen anything lately though. i wish this trend of overly gaudy stereo components would stop.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
First places I looked, along with a million of the other usual suspects. Apparently orange lighting is really not used on any cd decks anymore according to my research at stores and from the net. I got no problem going older, and entropy I agree with you. I just want something simple and stock looking with good sound quality.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:24 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Funny thing, is I used to have a early '90's JVC cd player. I got it used back in '99, and it lasted me about 2 years. Well it upset me one day, and it met the pavement quite a few times. Then I realized the faceplate was still alive. I just took it in my hands, and snapped it in 2. I just had a bad day that day. lol The friggin' thing wouldn't play my brand new cd. If I would have stopped, and went back to it. I probably could have fixed it. I am sure the eye was off just enough, to not play certain cd's. Oh well my temper has gotten better since then.

I have a better suggestion man. Why don't you change your gauges to a more modern color? Then you have plenty of cd players to choose from. It might be difficult to find an orange display cd player. Just a thought man, good luck on whatever you find or choose.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:34 PM

Denon, Nakamichi, JVC (selectable colors)
Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 PM

Nakamichi, Clarion (you can get Clarion head units that have 700+ different colors built in to select from)

Old 08-02-2007, 07:41 PM
The Good Twin

ooh! I need a tilt down deck for my 318ti... that Clarion would do the trick!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
ooh! I need a tilt down deck for my 318ti... that Clarion would do the trick!
It is a Clarion DXZ856MP....all day long on Ebay, along with many other Clarions.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:56 PM

my girlfriend has a fairly new Eclipse head unit that iluminates orange
Old 08-02-2007, 09:40 PM

You guys rock! That Nakamichi and Clarion both look great! The Nakamichi has a really stock look to it, I like how low key it is. The specs on it are decent as well, is Nakamichi still the high quality name they were years ago? The Clarion sort of reminds me of the stock deck but with a modern twist with the silver plating. I love it. Wildman, I like the orange lighting to much to change it. To me it just says "sports car." That and I try to do low key mods to keep the stock look and feel of the car. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Will check into both for sure!

Last edited by greyfox; 08-02-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:53 PM

one more

Originally Posted by greyfox
You guys rock! That Nakamichi and Clarion both look great! The Nakamichi has a really stock look to it, I like how low key it is. The specs on it are decent as well, is Nakamichi still the high quality name they were years ago? The Clarion sort of reminds me of the stock deck but with a modern twist with the silver plating. I love it. Wildman, I like the orange lighting to much to change it. To me it just says "sports car." That and I try to do low key mods to keep the stock look and feel of the car. Thanks for the suggestion though!

here is one more for you.......

http://www.roadstar.com/newsite/inde...family&id=1300
Old 08-06-2007, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by greyfox

I would say yes, they are high quality and they still have that "old school" look that alot of people like...something nice to know when updating older cars. I would not think twice about putting a Nakamichi in my ZX...or most other cars.

This is one of my favorites as far as looks in an old car....red or green button illumination

Last edited by thxone; 08-06-2007 at 08:29 AM.