280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got new silver floormats for my Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 11:50 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Got new silver floormats for my Z

Hey everybody, I just ordered a few minutes ago. Some silver floormats from Black Dragon auto. I wanted to get the ones from Motorsport, but I refuse to pay almost a $100 for a set of floormats. All I wanted was a silver set with the 280zx logo on them. Not ones lined with gold trimmming. So now, I am going to apply those 2 Autobot patches I bought a while back, onto the floormats when I get them. Also I ordered the hood adjustable bumpers, so my hood stay down right. It is kind of annoying when it moves around, when I am going down the road. Anyway just a little update for you guys.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:23 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Movin' on up!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:42 AM

i was wondering when we were going to get another progress report from you
Old 05-21-2006, 04:20 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well yeah it has been crazy lately in my family. My sister got married May 20, and I didn't get home until 11pm or so. But I did quit my Dominos job, too burned out, and tired of not having a weekend. I also am looking into being a frontman in a local band. It is medieval metal, they are looking to replace their current singer. And I might be contacted on memorizing, and singing on their already prerecorded album. We will see on that one. But as for now, my weekends are free again. I will just have less money now. But at least I can breathe. Will keep you all updated, should be putting in my carpet next weekend.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:34 AM

So WildmaN really does Rock
Old 05-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Taste My Rainbow

Please Define Medievil Metal??
Old 05-21-2006, 11:27 AM
From NY to AZ

Haha i quit my pizza delivery job 2 weeks ago as well
Old 05-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by skittle
Please Define Medievil Metal??
Iron Maiden...

Bands that guys my age made fun of in High School!

I was one of those "New Wave" kids.

Rod.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Big Poppa

hey wildman, good to hear, lets see some pics of these floormats man
Old 05-21-2006, 06:21 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Iron Maiden...

Bands that guys my age made fun of in High School!

I was one of those "New Wave" kids.

Rod.
Hey Iron Maiden is one of my all time favorite metal bands. And I love the '80's also, I am verry versatile when it comes to rock, and such. Now speaking of the band. They are also influenced by Queensryche, Dream Theater, Randy Rhodes, and the list goes on. Anyway there is no hurry on this. And I have been in a couple of bands before. This is just a little different, in terms of being where they are now. I won't disclose their name, because I wouldn't want it getting around. Until I know it is something official, that I will be initiated into the band itself. If I do get in with them, I will be more than happy to tell all of you the name, and any info I can let you know.

Medieval metal, mainly focuses on, the dark ages times of knights and shivalry, dragons, and wizards and such. I am sure you all get the idea. Another thing that is cool about this band. Besides the fact that I have met them, and they are pretty cool people. Is they support the troops, and that really friggin' rocks!!

And Shady I will be taking pics after I get the carpet, floormats, and my interior back together. You have no worries on that bro' Anyway that is all for now.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm a Registered User!

wow! I was just looking over your car domain wildman, IMPRESSIVE! I like all the Autobot symbols everywhere, I bet your car is looking amazing with those new silver floor mats!

How do you like your headers too? What an awesome project, this makes me want to go work on the interior of mine really badly!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:57 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thanks man, much appreciated, and believe it or not. This Z is my first car I have started restoring in my life. So basically anything I have done to him, is all blind, and my first time. Including my motor swap, clutch job, and the other countless things I have done to him. As for the floormats, I haven't got them yet. Hopefully I will get them this week, and install them with my new carpet this coming weekend.

And that is why I am the Inspiring Z restorer, because of the feedback from fellow Z owners, and the motivation, and inspiration, I have instilled in people on this website. Anyway good luck to you on your interior resto. If you need any help or tips along the way. I would be happy to assist you. Just ask, and I will do what I can.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:35 AM

Hey Wildman, if you haven't gotten one already, you need one of these: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...uestreak+decoy ^_~
Old 05-27-2006, 11:24 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah thanks Rave, but not really a priority right now. But anyway update for you guys. I got the floormats the other day, and they look sweet! I am about to recoat my roof here in a few minutes. Everytime it rains, it leaks in my bathroom.(my house) But after that, I am taking the seats out, and the old carpet. And putting in my new carpet, and floormats. And then paint, and slowly put my interior back together. I predict that this weekend. I will have an almost new looking interior. Will keep you all updated. I can do more, since now, I only have one job. Man I missed the weekends. Look out everybody for Z nationals '07!
Old 05-27-2006, 01:32 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Rock on' my brutha! Let's see some pics when you get it together!
Old 05-27-2006, 04:24 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well I just got the roof of my house recoated. And I am exhausted, it 4 hours or so. Longer than I expected, so I wont be doing anything to my Z today. But I am off work until Tuesday, so my interior will happen this weekend sometime. Don't worry LWW, I will post pics as soon as I get done. Believe me I have been wanting to update my cardomain page, for quite some time now. Now that I have weekends again, I can do more things to the Z, and my house. Little by little, I will knock out things, that I have put off for far too long. I am a big procrastinator, but that is me.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:59 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay I am about to go out, and get my Z ready for the new carpet, and floormats. Just lazy today, it is hard to get used to the fact, I am not working on the weekends anymore. Well anyway, getting ready in a few to go outside, and work on my boy. Will let you all know, how it goes.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:00 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

No sweat dude. I'm going to get crap for sayin' this, but, if you have to make a choice between workin' on the house or workin' on the car, do the house first. That's where you're equity is. The car can wait, it's only worth sentimental value. The value of your house is what will save your a$$ when the chips are down...

Now, where are those pics?!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:12 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well the thing is, my place isn't really worth jack. It is a '73 mobile home single-wide. It is my property that is worth the money. I just live in a shack, but the roof is fixed for now. I got most of the back of my interior finished. Not quite ready yet, to take pics. But I am close, I have the wheel well covers, 1/4 panel trim, carpet, and rear panel, in my hatch. I had to do a lot of cleaning and painting of my parts. It is a surprise, on what colors I used. (the combination of the shades) I also got my overhead trim hooked up. But I can't remember what clips I need for each side of it. To hook onto the 1/4 trim panels. If anybody knows, it would be much appreciated. I think I will look in my '81, and see if it is still attached. I can't remember off-hand, but I will find out soon enough. Will keep you all informed, and should be having pics tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:53 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay sorry for the long wait on the pics. I just spent 10 hrs yesterday putting in my new carpet and floormats. I had to do a lot of cutting, and prepping. Because the carpet, came pretty much, with none of the extra stuff, cut out. So I am really sore from that, but it is looking great. I should have pics for you later today, we will see on that one. I will keep you all posted.

Also had some things happen in my family. My aunt died in a motorcyle accident, and I was grieving some. And I have also worked a lot of hours at my job. And haven't really had the time or motivation to work on my Z. Now I am doing a little more, because I got the Z bug again. And things are starting to get better again. Anyway that is pretty much the some of things. Will have pics soon, I promise Z people.

Last edited by WildmaN; 06-11-2006 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:48 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Allright guys here are some more recent pics. Of my carpet, and floormats installed. And a few other things, I have done since the last update. Also feel free to check out my cardomain page for more info about the pics. If it downloads right, enjoy everybody.

Sorry can't put them on here too big. So just check out my cardomain page. Of course I never really liked the way the pic downloads never worked right for me. Enough rambling check it out, if you want to see more pics. And give me your feedback, if you like.

Last edited by WildmaN; 06-11-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:51 PM

post like this [img]URL[/img] when you are hosting a pic somwhere else...so what you do is...go to your site...click on the image so it shows the full pic..not the small pic on your page...right click and go to "copy image location" then just paste it where the url is in that img code

GOOD WORK BTW!!!!

Last edited by Skully; 06-11-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:00 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah that was what I was trying to do. Thanks for uploading them off my page bro'. And I appreciate the feedback. Still have a ways to go yet. But making headway nonetheless.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:46 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Here are some more pics for you.

Last edited by WildmaN; 06-11-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:50 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yes finally got them to work, thanks to Skully. Bro' you Rock man! Anyway I should have more pics as I go. More to come stay tuned, and feel free to post your comments.

Quick Reply: Got new silver floormats for my Z