280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got new silver floormats for my Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 09:56 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Oh why not, here are a few more for you. Oh man I am having too much fun since I can post them myself. Thanks to the help I get from cool people

Old 06-11-2006, 10:04 PM

looks great WildmaN
Old 06-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Big Poppa

nice wildman, thats looking clean.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:14 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thanks J, and that is just the beginning. One thing I was really stoked about, was that the floormats match the color of my door panel pockets, and also the gray on my console lid. And it worked just the way I had visioned it. And now I don't miss not paying almost $100 on 280zx logo floormats. I don't know if I am going to put the Autobot patches on the floormats yet. I don't like the thought of them getting dirty, and or stepped on. But who know, maybe I will figure out a way to make them work there. If not, I will probably mount them on the top part of my seats. Still not sure on that one yet. Still have some more things to do. And a ways to go yet, but making progress. Keep the comments coming, it encourages me more.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:18 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thank you Shady, but it is still not where it needs to be. But I am verry happy about it though. I have worked on my Z, for about a year and a half. And even survived a small car fire. And I have had him almost 3 years now. I always wanted to go back to the people that sold me this basketcase, and have them trip out. And doubt that is was the same junker that they sold me. LOL
Old 06-11-2006, 10:29 PM

haha, it's funny you mention the autobot patches and not wanting to get them dirty WildmaN... I was just watching Unique Whips last night and after they finished the all white leather Caddy they wrapped the floormats in plastic to keep em clean. It was super clear so it really only looked like the mats were glossy. But just a thought if you're worried about it but really want the patches on there. That way when you show up to the "show n shine" your patches will be all nice and clean and you can take the plastic off. And it'll keep crap outta your floormats.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:35 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey that sounds like a great idea man. I think you are on to something. What kind of plastic is it? And where could I get some, that would be pretty clear?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:40 PM

Thats where my advice to you has to end. Cause I have no idea on what it was or where they got it. Alls they did was pan the camera to the floormats and gave a short "we wrapped your floormats in plastic so you wont mess em up" blurb. But I know it still looked sharp. I'm sure someone here has to know what you can use though.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:44 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Ah man, you got my hopes up for nothing? Just messin' with you J. It is still a cool idea. And I am sure somebody on this forum, will know about the plastic and such. Anybody ?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:54 PM

I'll do some asking around for ya...that's if you dont get help on here in the mean time.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:10 PM

i just found plastic overlays..but they have all those little tabs in them underneath and you can see them all trough...i dunno
Old 06-11-2006, 11:56 PM

http://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/po91.html

Like those Skully?
Those would do the job.
But those aren't what I saw on the show...these were crystal clear. more like a film.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:57 AM
Big Poppa

hey wildman, wht about plexi, its clear and its durable, so you can use it on the street, and you can polish it if it gets scuffed real bad, then remove for shows, or just get a spare set of floormats and use those till show time, just tuck the good ones under your seats or the rear carpet, then come time, BAM you got the good ones.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:59 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

I have been thinking, and I have decided I am not putting the decals on the mats. At least for now, I am starting to like the way they look now. And I like them better everyday. I think I have enough Autobot logos around my interior. As it is, I am still going to put my medal medallion ones on both of my gloveboxes. The front and rear ones. And of course I have the decals on the gauges, and the patches on the t-top trims. Which I am happy with.

All aside as I mentioned in the other thread I was jacking a little. I am going to start making my customized faceplate for my stock stereo. I plan on putting a CD changer in the car, and hooking it up to my stock stereo. I am customizing the stock faceplate, with my imagination. You will have to wait and see, how it turns out. I want to surprise all of you on the end result. But don't worry, I wont leave you hanging too long. And yes pics will follow my progress.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Doesn't post much...

Your car is looking better all the time WildmaN! keep up the good work. Your interior is WAY better than mine right now!

On a semi-related note (see first page of thread)... Now that I'm unemployed and having a serious (albeit somewhat early) mid-life crisis, I have decided to start playing music again. I'm gonna give being a rock star a second chance

I actually broke a few guitars out of hiding and am currently rebuilding the calousses on my fingertips. My neighbors are going to get sick of me being home real quick after a few weeks of hearing me cranking my amp to "11" !

Rod.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:38 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thanks a lot Rod, and as always I appreciate the compliments. And hey I offered you to come down here, and help you with your interior. Just let me know on that. And I will see on fitting you in somewhere. Just get the supplies parts etcc.. And I will help you out with the work and such.

Anyway that is great, that you are getting back into music. I need to get on the phone, and have an audition here soon. Damn I procrastinate too much, got to get on it. And now I am seeing somebody also right now. So that is another thing added to my schedule. Not saying it is a bad thing, otherwise I would stop seeing this girl. But she makes me happy, and I can make her laugh pretty easily. And no she is not a ditz, actually pretty smart, and likes a lot of the same things I do.

All that out of the way, I am getting up early today. And change my oil, fix my oil, and antifreeze leak. Take off the exhaust from the cat back. Switch the driveline with the '81. Because as I mentioned before, is has fairly new u-joints. Cut the header pipe 2 inches or so, that the exhaust goes on the hangers right. Instead of hanging too low, which peeves me. That is for starters, maybe if I feel like it. I will replace my wheel bolts, so I can use 4 lugnuts a wheel, instead of 3. That is all I can think of for now. Will let you know, when I do more, or accomplish more things.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:11 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay worked on my Z yesterday, and after the few things I did, I ran into another problem. I noticed for a couple of days, that I could smell raw fuel when running. Of course I checked under the hood thoroughly, and couldn't find anything leaking. So I go to the back of the car, and start smelling fuel stronger. Low and behold it was leaking out of my fuel pump. Just dripping right now. And comparing it with the '81's, I believe my fuel pump on the '82 is the original factory one. And it has over 196,000 miles on it. I guess it was time for it to go. I tried using that whitish RTV Permatex, and it slowed it down some. But I am going to have to swap it out for the '81's. Which I can tell has been replaced.

All aside, I swapped out the cats, after I gutted the other one. and used that copper seal Permatex stuff. And now my Z has a little more pickup, better smoother roadster sound. And no exhaust leak, from what I can tell. Thanks thxone for the tips on the wonderful stuff. It does work great, and hold up it seems. Anyway getting ready here in a few to go out, and swap pumps. Feel free to post any tips or thoughts on this. All though it seems to be a pretty simple operation. Will let you know how it goes.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:43 PM

Location: Houston Tx. Cleveland Tx. New Caney Tx. and every other Tx.
Hey wildman where did you get that sterio in your dash? it seems to fit perfect, and looks good in your car.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:00 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by EatmyDust
Hey wildman where did you get that sterio in your dash? it seems to fit perfect, and looks good in your car.
Of course it fits, it is the stock stereo man. LOL. Just messin' with you bro', and thanks for the compliment. They usually sell them on e-bay all the time. That is where I have picked them up at. I take it you don't have a Datsun stereo in your car? And isn't your Z an '81?
Old 07-02-2006, 08:00 PM

Location: Houston Tx. Cleveland Tx. New Caney Tx. and every other Tx.
um actully its an 80, but no I don't have a stereo in mine. the previous owner butcherd the slot, and now I don't have a stereo to put in the space.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:17 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

So it sounds like what you need is another stereo console.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-...spagenameZWDVW

That is the only one I can find right now on e-bay. Usually there is more than that on there. Anyway he says it works fine. It is a little beat up, but maybe you can do some customizing with the face. Like I am going to do with mine. Man I want to get started on it soon.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:22 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well I have officially started on my custom stock stereo face. Pics will follow real soon, so stay alert. He he
Old 07-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Doesn't post much...

Well.............................................. ..........?

Donde esta el foto's senior WildmaN?

Rod.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:12 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah LOL, this weekend Rod. Been really busy, and it has been pretty hot here. Don't worry I will get the face at least painted this weekend. And then I have a way different idea, on what is going on the face itself. But it will go with my Bluestreak theme. Been thinking about it pretty much all this week. As always more ideas just flood into my head, as I think about my project more and more.