280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

www.zspecgarage.com-part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:36 PM

Hey, if youre in the Bay Area, I can swing by, and maybe we can go over the AFR doohickey or I can bring some epoxy and some carbon fabric and put a wrap on your bracelet, ya know, bling it out! At least out here we have TAP plastics, you can walk in and get almost whatever you need to glass or cast anything.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:11 PM

Down in the Riverside area. That'd be quite a drive from up where you are. I wonder what they'd say if I returned the bracelet wrapped in carbon
Old 03-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
I'll start poor and then jump to rich. That'll work for me
Hey, worked for me ..
Old 03-01-2006, 09:47 PM

Theres gotta be a way to cheat those bracelets, I mean after all the Government developed them and sanctioned their use, right?
Old 03-01-2006, 10:27 PM

I'm sure there is. I mean I could always take it off but if I leave any sign that I tampered with it then I'd be screwed. Last time I was on house arrest I could make it all the way down stares and out to the car port at my apartment. But if I went any further than that then I'd be getting a phone call. I'd just tell them I was out smoking a ciggarette or something. After so many "false alarms" they'd have me come in and change out the bracelet. I've seen the way they take them off and it's not complicated. I guess if you wanted to get really technical you could trick the reciever by mimicking the signal it recieves from the braclet. Only problem is that they call me every so often to verify that I'm actually there. They just call, ask for me, have me read the serial number on my box, verify some lights, and then they say thank you and hang up. I cant even have a cordless phone. If this computer wasn't on cable internet I couldnt even be online. I cant have anything hooked to the phone line but this reciever box and a regular corded phone. Not even an anwering machine.

But I'd rather just get this over with and not have to worry about it ever again. I mean this is something thats haunting me from 5 years ago!!! How shitty is that?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
I mean this is something thats haunting me from 5 years ago!!! How shitty is that?
Pretty Shitty.. I feel your pain, been there done that, never goin back :
Old 03-02-2006, 09:32 PM

Well,you could have call forwarding toa celphone, as for the lights they can probably change which ones are on over the phone, so you still might be screwed there. Well, if you had a multi line celphone, and someone always at home, youd be made in the shade. Talking about this might be illegal, but as a theoretical excercise, even stealing cable and phone service, and fake package bombs is legal.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:00 AM
Bleach is my Hero

cmon guys use your knowledge to free J!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:15 AM

It's not too bad. Atleast I have an excuse to sit at home all day and tweak on the Z It's just too bad I cant afford any new parts so I'm stuck cleaning and refurbishing You should check out my cardomain page to see how bored I got with the throttlebody
Old 03-04-2006, 06:52 PM

Alright I've been putting a lot of thought into this and I think I'm going to save my money up and get myself a welder and some other equipment and take the company that route: metal. I've got some parts worked up in my head already and as I finish parts I'll make them available to everybody. I've gotta pay off some debt first and then get my equipment together but then it's back to Zspec Garage. I may still do some work in fiberglass fabrication however. Oh yeah, I've also got to find another house to do all this in since the one I'm in is only temporary. This is all still just in my head for now but I've got high hopes for this still working out.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Big Poppa

How Long You Tied Down J. And How Do You Go Shoping Etc. You Gotta Leave For Some Stuff. Up Here In Canada They Even Allow You To Go To Work!! And Props To Your Wife For Helping You. Get A Miller Tig Welder, They Got A New One Out Thats An Inverter Welder That Takes Way Less Power, Like 20amps. Im Getting One At Work, The Cool Part Is It Only Weighs 45 Pounds So Its Portable.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:40 PM

Last time I was on house arrest they gave me free time to get stuff done and even to let me go to work. I had shopping time, laundry time, and general errand time as well. But since it was this or jail they put me on full time lockdown. The only time I'm allowed to leave is if I scedule an appointment with my case worker if I need to go to court or see him or something like that. Part of the terms was that I had to be living with somebody who could do my shopping and what not for me. If I couldn't provide that I would've been in jail instead. I've got family and my wife to go run errands and get me things. How much does that Miller unit go for?
Old 03-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Big Poppa

3 Grand Canadian, Plus Cables, Argon, And Filler Rod, Little Expensive But Thats From A Tool Store That Usually Rips People Off. Try Ebay Or Direct From Miller.it is totally a nice tig though, self adjusting and neat features that take some guesswork and skill out of it, perfect for people like me. i can weld, but now better
Old 03-05-2006, 04:13 PM

I'd rather pay more for a good welder than wind up with half *** welds or spending more time then I need to welding something. But that's only if I decide to make a business of it. If not then it wont be worth the investment. That'll still be a ways off though. Like I said, I've got other stuff to take care of first.