280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7th injector

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 03:26 PM

7th injector

Several months ago I read a post by somebody about adding a seventh injector. I've tried to search the archives for the post but I can't find it. Does anyone have any information on this? It sounds like something I'd like to do until I can afford the whole fuel system upgrade thing.
Thanks!
-Kel
Old 09-14-2003, 07:43 AM

Yeah, after doing more research on other websites I found what I was looking for. I thought it was a homemade, low budget mod, but I was wrong. There are some guys toying with the idea a little differently, but if it works by the time they are done, they will have as much in it as if they had just purchased the controller package.
Anyway, I assume I am surpassing the limits of my stock injectors because I am running lean with WOT at about 3000 to 3500 rpm. I was also wondering if it could be the TPS going bad or already gone bad. When I back off the throttle just a hair, it's back to running rich again. Push the throttle to floor and it's like hitting a wall!
Here is some background: When I started running higher boost I started easing the boost up to try to find that point where it would lean out. Well, after reaching 22lbs boost and never finder the lean-out point I backed it down to 17lbs boost and that is where it has been until now. It ran rich all the way through the rpm range even with WOT until the alternator went bad. After replacing the alternator it is still leaning out like I described earlier. I know it is odd for the stock fuel system to be capable of supplying fuel for that type of demand, but it was doing it, until now. That is why I was looking into the 7th injector idea. Does anyone know where to get the package?
Also if anyone has one I'd like to hear how they like it, if it is worth doing and such.
Thanks!
-Kel
Old 09-15-2003, 08:52 AM
The Evil Twin

I think you answered your question already. If it used to work, then you just need to fix your system so it ran like it used to. That is the best solution. Maybe buy a grounding kit and run ground wires from your head/block to the frame and battery. That will help with the sensors all around to give better signals. And yes, you can open and clean the throttle position switch.

If you replaced the alternator, be sure to run another ground from that to the frame. Clean all connections there. I'm pretty sure you already have a clean engine compartment
Old 09-16-2003, 12:47 PM

Thanks Bleach. I'll check that out.

Idiot3: My setup is nothing fancy. Manual boost controller, Starion intercooler, Blitz BOV, stock turbo, stock fuel system, Autometer boost and air fuel gauges. That's it, nothing fancy.
Does SDS have a website? I'd like to look at the 7th injector controller and an electronic boost controller.

-Kel