280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW AFM's

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 09:22 PM

BMW AFM's

Lately, someone (you have to pardon me...I can't seem to find my PM's on this site) asked me to contact my neighbor about '84-'91 BMW 325 AFM's......

Well, he thought it was kind of funny at first...........then he said something about the Bosch meters and how someone had too much time on their hands..........

However.........My neighbor deals in mostly 5 & 7 series in that year range. He will be looking out for any 3 series he comes across.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:07 PM
The Evil Twin

That somebody was me.
I don't get it... what about too much time on their hands? ...about how I figured out that the BMW has the same fuel injection?

ok, so I used to own a 1989 BMW 325i about 2 years ago. So what? I do my own engine work and I'm like, oh, this looks just like my 280zx's AFM. Then someone else on a 510 forum confirmed that they used the BMW AFM on their custom L20b fuel injection. (200SX wiring harness) now that's some custom work!

Of course, same parts, 3 times the price. Got rid of the BMW and got an Altima. Much better car for the money.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:04 AM

L-jetronic was designed by Bosch so parts are probably interchangable between older BMWs VWs etc.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:43 PM

That flapper door is a piece of crap. A lot of people switch to the Z31 setup for the hot wire.