280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BW T5 Shifter Mechanism

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 04:59 PM
The Good Twin

I don't know how rare 80's Ford Mustang's are in Australia, but the manual tranny on 84 - 93 Mustangs were T5's and they had a short throw shifter as well... I actually put one on my T5.

Last edited by NismoPick; 03-18-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:48 PM

Could just mail order one to Australia. I'm sure shipping would be rediculous.

You can try this site for info on where to get a shifter for your T5. The F-body cars came with T-5's. http://www.mustang.org.au/

Might find some info here too.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com
Old 09-10-2005, 09:13 PM

... and to think, I always thought the M30 was the luxo-sport version of the Toyota Cressida .
Old 09-10-2005, 10:00 PM

Nissans Version
Old 09-11-2005, 10:25 AM

I, have now realized ... I am an idiot.

Its Toyota/Lexus, and Nissan/Infiniti ... wow.

Can't believe I actually put that one down.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:08 PM

Hey no sweat man I get people all the time that swear to God that theres Acura in japan. WTF?!? And then there's the people who don't even realize that Lexus and Infiniti are american versions of Japanese cars. They think they're German?!? It don't bother me except when they can sit there and argue their false point.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:19 AM
Doesn't post much...

Way back in the day, I had a guy come into my shop with a brand bew Ford Taurus SHO. He was putting new wheels and tires on it. While he was there, he spent about 20 minutes going off on what a great car it was, how fast it was and how it was so much better than "Any of that japanese crap". He went on and on about his distain for all things Japanese... how crappy their cars were and so on. After listening to this hiilbilly/redneck/ignorant/flag waving/inbred/whitetrash/cousin dating/moron rant, I decided to ask him what he thought about the fact that he was driving a 1/2 japanese car. He was stupified. "What do you mean 1/2 japanese?" he asked. "It's got a YAMAHA motor in it sir... the only reason it's not a POS is because it has a YAMAHA motor in it." Well, he first called me a liar and got really pissy with me. He had owned the car only a few day's and I guess he had never taken the time to open the hood and look at the precious power plant that made his Taurus a tire-toaster. I said "Don't just take my word for it... follow me." So I took his dumb-*** into the shop and popped the hood on his Red beans and rice rocket and showed him the valve cover that proudly exlaimed in all it's glory... "YAMAHA". He was soooooo pissed. He told me he was gonna take the car back to the dealership and get his money back because he "Didn't want no shitty jap car!". Five minutes before, when he thought it was all American, it was the greatest car ever made. Now suddenly, it's a POS because it has a Japanese motor in it. Some people just don't get it.

Rod.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:22 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

What a blowhard LOL! It is great until they find out it is Japanese, go figure. Those are the kind of people that get my goat! What a 2-face, hypocrite, I mean the Japanese only make the longest lasting cars of all. Granted they have made some POS's, but not many. I don't care for Mitsubishi's too much. Or am I a big fan of Mazda, becaue of the high maintenance. Not knocking anybody that has these cars, just stating my opinion. I have helped out a friend with an Rx-7, and it was a nightmare from start to finish. I mean trying to get to the plug on the bottom, cut my arm up pretty good. Though I wouldn't mind having an Rx-7, I couldn't afford to keep it running. I have driven a nice '85 before, that was well tuned up. I fell in love with it, and tryed to buy it. But the owner wouldn't sell it. Then I realized later, that it takes a lot to keep them running right. Anyway sorry for the long post, just throwing out past experiences. I still think my Z's are a piece of cake, compared to other cars.

Oh and Rod your are right, there is just no helping people that are ignorant, and illiterate!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:36 PM

Maybe he was a factory worker for an "american" car company back when the Japanese started to boom and he got layed off because Ford wasn't selling enough cars
Old 09-13-2005, 07:43 AM
The Evil Twin

I'm using a stock Mustang shifter because I heard it was just a little better than the stock ZX turbo shifter. Seems ok to me.