280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this turbo a direct fit ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 09:19 PM

Is this turbo a direct fit ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4...spagenameZWD1V

my question is.. would this turbo be a direct fit ? after i get all the parts i need the 10psi or 13 psi internal waste gate acuwaiter... how ever u spell it lol ... then i take off the little part that bolts onto the " stock 280zx turbo down pipe " you all know what im saying .. right then all i would need is knew stud bolts and bolts.. of course.. so this would work right ?
Old 05-19-2006, 09:37 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

I think that's a great way to throw away $316. How many times do I have to tell everyone, that I've NEVER seen a REAL turbo (that didn't need rebuilt - again) come out of eBay.

And they ALSO sell...

Originally Posted by advan_racing
Way overcharged for insurance! $5 for $6 shoes! I learned my lesson!

Reply by advan_racing: It's not my fault,Post Office have lost my items be4.You dont follow instruction

Buyer Beware: shoes were listed in ladies and were men w/ no return policy!

Reply by advan_racing: If you go to the mall ... they will tell you these shoes are for men and women

Beautiful pipes! Fast shipping. Thank you!!

Prompt shipment, smooth transaction. But, harmonica dented due to poor packaging

thanx so much,my daughter was thrilled.the book on campus cost alot more.AA+++++
Do you want to buy your turbo from someone that also sells; shoes, 'pipes', harmonica's and used books?
Old 05-19-2006, 10:28 PM

also it looks like those cheapo ones that fall apart!
Old 05-20-2006, 03:57 PM

send me a link from ebay or some other place were i can up[grade my turbo for less than 350 dollars.. thanks , ken

p.s. if any other 280zx turbo z people out there that might have a used turbo t-3-t-4 set up already please e-mail me thanks , ken
Old 05-20-2006, 04:33 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by nismo619
send me a link from ebay or some other place were i can up[grade my turbo for less than 350 dollars.. thanks , ken

p.s. if any other 280zx turbo z people out there that might have a used turbo t-3-t-4 set up already please e-mail me thanks , ken
I got my stock turbo upgraded to a T3/T4 hybrid from a local turbo shop. They charged $110 in parts & about $100 in labor. Like everyone else has said in this thread... there is just too much ebay junk when it comes to turbos. Look up a local shop & get a price.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:21 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Exactly, or, realize you can't do the best job for only $350 and save some more money so you can do it right. All you need is another $300 or $350 to get a BRAND NEW T3/T4 from Turbonetics! You can call them and tell them what your application is and how you intend to use the car and they'll DESIGN the right turbo for YOU'RE application!

How many turbo's do you think you're going to go through at $350 each before you get what you really want?

Do you know what the AR is on the compressor or turbine that you're looking at? Do you know what you need for your motor to run at it's best?

First, spend $22 on this book, READ it AT LEAST TWICE and then you'll have the basic knowledge you need to design and buy your own. Until then, you're just wasting your time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/083...Fencoding=UTF8
Old 05-20-2006, 10:44 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by lww

First, spend $22 on this book, READ it AT LEAST TWICE and then you'll have the basic knowledge you need to design and buy your own. Until then, you're just wasting your time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/083...Fencoding=UTF8

Sweet "Maximum Boost." If only everyone read that book... The world would be a more peaceful place!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:09 PM

why doenst one of you " RICH " people who " have " the book copy the pages... and post them... u know some of us " not so rich " folks sure would " appreciate " it... sorry i just dont have enough money to spend extra 22 bucks on a book then pay for shipping.. when i could buy good used or new parts for my 280zxt...
Old 05-20-2006, 11:15 PM

If you've got the money to blow on a piece of crap ebay turbo, then you've got the money to invest in that book. Your money would be better spent going that route
Old 05-21-2006, 11:48 AM
The Good Twin

why doenst one of you " RICH " people who " have " the book copy the pages... and post them... u know some of us " not so rich " folks sure would " appreciate " it... sorry i just dont have enough money to spend extra 22 bucks on a book then pay for shipping.. when i could buy good used or new parts for my 280zxt...

Hum.... invest $25 in knowledge.... or invest $350 in crappy parts.....

That is a tough one indeed!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:56 AM

how long does it take you to earn 25$? you are going to spend the 350 and trust me you will be buying another one in a month from when you install this one...think of 25$ as insurance...
Old 05-21-2006, 09:05 PM

u guys are stingy... lol well if you guys own the book share in information ! come on now !!! some body said a while back that turbotecnotics.com? would build me a custom turbo ?
Old 05-21-2006, 09:25 PM
The Good Twin

u guys are stingy... lol well if you guys own the book share in information !
We are sharing the information: GET THE FRICKIN BOOK AND READ IT.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:38 PM

lol im not gonna copy all the pages and post them here man!!!!! im not sure if thats even allowed?? seriously tho...get the book you will know so much more and things will be so easier to build later one..trust me man!
and like he said this is the info we are sharing!!!!

also you gotta know where you are going before you get there..if you phone turbonetics and they ask you questions about how this is all going to be used, do you have an answer?

turbotecnotics...lol! sorry i couldnt resist!

Last edited by Skully; 05-21-2006 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:36 PM

Nismo619, just sell me your car. I am sorry but, sell me your car and go buy a n.a. You will be much happier and the car will be too.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:01 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

u guys are stingy... lol well if you guys own the book share in information ! come on now !!! some body said a while back that turbotecnotics.com? would build me a custom turbo ?
We're stingy when you've got $350 and won't spend $25 of it on the one part that might actually give you a clue?

And, it would cost US more than $25 to copy every frickin' page in that book to send it to you and my hourly rate makes it cost prohibitive for me to type it all on this forum.

Three extra hours working to save enough money to buy the book is going to be better than the two weeks salary you're going to waste on the wrong part and that assumes you make $8/hr. If you make more, it'll take even less time to save the $25.

You don't even want to see the parts of this post I was kind enough to delete before hitting the <SUBMIT> button.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:34 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by lww
You don't even want to see the parts of this post I was kind enough to delete before hitting the <SUBMIT> button.
and we all appreciate it....
Old 05-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by lww
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Old 05-22-2006, 07:21 AM

That book is really good, I would suggest buying it. Copying it and pasting it would be just wrong...the man spend time to write a good book, just buy it. Yeah, I wouldn't buy a turbo off of ebay, I just don't trust some of the stuff out there. You can't see stuff like cracks, or shaft play. I'm getting mine rebuilt from Majestic Turbo...I blew my turbo a couple days ago. Now I'm just doing a little research on what I upgrades I should get done to my turbo.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:29 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by Lost Vegaz
Nismo619, just sell me your car. I am sorry but, sell me your car and go buy a n.a. You will be much happier and the car will be too.
I agree. Just sell your car to LostVegaz. Fix up your Z32
Old 05-22-2006, 02:31 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey Nismo619, why would you want to go blind on a turbo setup? If I were you I would definately get the book. Everybody is suggesting, it looks to be a great investment. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, people are trying to help you out man. So don't throw it back into their face. Take the advice, they would not steer you wrong. They are trying to look out for you. And hopefully you have the smarts, to take their advice seriously. I know I would, because I am no expert, or have enough knowledge on these cars. Even though I have learned a lot. I will admit first-hand, I am still getting my feet wet. And learning more as I go.

As for calling people stingy, because they wont infringe copyrights, to send you copies of the book. It is only a little over $20 or so. Don't be a fool, take up on the offer. And if you want people to continue to help you. Listen to what they say, that is how I got where I am today. But yeah wanting to blow over $350 is better than spending less than $30. Yeah that makes a lot of sense doesn't it? Anyway not trying to cut you down, just want you to realize, think before you speak. And try to consider everybody's feelings, when you throw it back into their face. Think this through bro', and you will make the right decision. Also do some research, and get that book. That is all I have to say.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Hey Nismo619, why would you want to go blind on a turbo setup? If I were you I would definately get the book. Everybody is suggesting, it looks to be a great investment. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, people are trying to help you out man. So don't throw it back into their face. Take the advice, they would not steer you wrong. They are trying to look out for you. And hopefully you have the smarts, to take their advice seriously. I know I would, because I am no expert, or have enough knowledge on these cars. Even though I have learned a lot. I will admit first-hand, I am still getting my feet wet. And learning more as I go.

As for calling people stingy, because they wont infringe copyrights, to send you copies of the book. It is only a little over $20 or so. Don't be a fool, take up on the offer. And if you want people to continue to help you. Listen to what they say, that is how I got where I am today. But yeah wanting to blow over $350 is better than spending less than $30. Yeah that makes a lot of sense doesn't it? Anyway not trying to cut you down, just want you to realize, think before you speak. And try to consider everybody's feelings, when you throw it back into their face. Think this through bro', and you will make the right decision. Also do some research, and get that book. That is all I have to say.
Nicely put man.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by tickwon
Nicely put man.
^ What he said.

Rod.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:00 PM

I was gonna suggest that he sell the Z and buy a Honduh.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:22 PM

^ Ouch, that hurts

Quick Reply: Is this turbo a direct fit ?