280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

3 Cop Cars!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Doesn't post much...

3 Cop Cars!!!!!!!

So last night, I'm circling the block where my favorite Pizza place is looking for a parking place that's close because it's in a not-so-good part of town and I want to be able to see the Z from the restaurant while I'm waiting. As I make one right hand turn I see not 1, not 2, but 3 Police cars following me. WTF I thought out loud. I wasn't doing anything illegal that I knew of. As I come up along side the Pizza place, a parking spot had just opened up. So as I start to swing in along the curb and this dipshit cop pulls in behind me as I'm backing up and blocks me so that I'm halfway out in the street with nowhere to go. Then he hits the red and blue lights. I was kinda pissed. I rolled down the window and said "I'm just trying to park my car so I can get a pizza, do you mind if I finish parking?". The cop that had already gotten out of his car yells "NO! SHUT OFF THE CAR RIGHT NOW!!!!" So I did. The guy that actually pulled me over comes up to my window looking like a hard *** and Say's "Do you know why I pulled you over?" so I said "No, I have no idea" He then say's "Because you're license plate lamp is not working and that makes it really hard to read your damn plate at night!" I didn't know it was out so I told him so. He asks for my license, registration and proof of insurance. I gave it to him. He asks if I have any warrants for my arrest that he's going to find... "No, I'm squeaky clean sir, Been driving for 18 years and never even had a parking ticket." "Really..." He asks. I said "Really, go ahead and run me if you need to." He's still being a dick. I have two other cops circling my car looking all nervous. One of them walks over and asks if he can search my car. I said "Sure, but if you break it, you bought it. Knock yourself out". So I get out of the car and walk over to the curb and say "Hey, I need to get in there and order my pizza's. I have a wife and 3 hungry kids at home waiting for me." One cop say's "No, wait right there." So I said. "Hey, unless you want to arrest me right now, I'm going inside and ordering my pizza's... You can come in with me if you want to..." And started to walk inside. It was priceless, the guy didn't know what to do. You should have seen the look on his face. So he actually walks into the pizza place with me... Too funny. The guy that owns the place who I have known for years smiles and say's "Hey Rod, how's it going!?" So I give him my order. Meanwhile, the other two cops are still outside... One is running me for warrants and the other is looking through my car. The guy inside with me is just dumbfounded. I said to him "Hey, cheer up... If they find anything in my car that get's me arrested, you guys just got some free pizza!" and laughed out loud. He didn't know what to do or say. So I walked back out to check on their progress. The guy that pulled me over has this sheepish look on his face as he say's "Sorry to hassle you sir. Everything checks out fine like you said. Have a good night." I said "No problem, thanks for letting me know about the license plate light. I'll fix it first thing tomorrow." Then they all 3 got in their cars and left. Never did any of them mention the fact that not only do I not have a front license plate, but in its place I have that plain black plate that basically say's "Screw you!" to the cops and my very illegal tinted headlight covers... Oh well it was a pretty funny experience. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Rod.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:16 PM

Thumbs up

damn dude...i guess a lot drug dealers drive 280's or something, you should take that as a compliment, your car looks like one of those souped up drug dealer cars.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Big Poppa

Good Thing You Didnt Get Arrested. Oh Well They Got There Jollies. I Got Pulled Over By 3 As Well In My Work Parking Lot When I Was 17. Apperently Somebody Out Ran The Cops In A 280 That Looked Like Mine. They Pulled There Guns And Everything. Meanwhile Everybody At Work Thought I Was A Criminal.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Externally Wastegated

Dang man, I woulda taken the name of the officer that was harassing you and filed a complaint with the dept. I had an experience where I got pulled over in mira mesa for supposedly flicking a cigarette at a cop's car while driving down the street. Funny thing was that I don't even smoke. The guy was being a major dick and I just took his name and filed a complaint. Ended up getting an apology saying the dude had been reprimanded, but nothing else lol.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Jack Of All Trades

LOL...... they prolly had their reasons....... not knowing you weren't the guy they were looking for. They have a tuff job to do.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by lifegrddude
Dang man, I woulda taken the name of the officer that was harassing you and filed a complaint with the dept.
From expierience, that is not a smart thing to do.. It results in beatings and more tickets for no reason..
Old 01-16-2006, 06:25 PM

That's a wild story. Of course being in a "bad" part of town with a slick lookin' ride would probably be the thing to make them suspicious. That AND circling a business. Great when cops get all sh*tty and come out empty handed, though. Good thing is, you'll never get harrassed by those three again...
Old 01-16-2006, 07:13 PM

I know what it is like being harrassed by cops, or in my case an EX-Cop. This guy who got kicked of the force a while ago for beating his wife has this thing for me and my friends and everytime we go out riding(dirtbikes) he pulls me over in his truck and tells me I can't ride in this part of town even though I have written permision from the owner of the property.

I figured he was an off duty cop but it turns out he is nothing but some Vigalante ec-cop that everyone in this entire state hates and he gets a hard on by pushing around women and children. So we all reported him, and wow did that **** him off. Last week he came and started stuff with me at my work! One of the owners who is a female told him to leave and he got in her face and tried scaring her but once her husband(other owner) came out he ran away! The cops later paid him a visit and he is in big trouble!

Well, thats my cop story.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:19 PM

Bad boys, Bad boys
Whatcha gonna do
Whatcha gonna do
When they f*ck with you...
Old 01-16-2006, 08:06 PM

Rod, I am thinking one of your "secret admirors" may have had something to do with that. From what you described its pretty clear the cops weren't looking to write you up for anything related to your car. They were tipped off by someone to checkyou out. Watch your back dude.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:50 PM

Rod ... everytime, man. I love it! You've got to be the nicest "hardass-looking" guy I've ever known [that's good, trust me]. Sure gave them cops a run for their money. I can't stop laughing man, it's too good. You ... thumbs up, most definitely! -Dave-O
Old 01-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Man . . .that reminds me way too much of what I deal with on a regular basis. Except the fact that I cant just walk away and order pizza. Im usually cuffed and sat on the curb at gun point while they run my info/reg. I am so tired of hot headed cops. I have no faith in law enforcement anymore. Every single one of them has at least once abused their power.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:39 PM

Man, CHP just got me for passing a stopped schoolbus on my way to work. I was in the wrong, I even saw buzzcut on his k1200 or whatever they ride. he was waiting behind the bus for some idiot to pass it. Im still pissed because its a buisy *** street and judging by the line of cars in the other lanes the bus had been stopped for quite sometime. Its a bullshit law anyway, only traffic going one way has to stop? What stops some dumbass kid whose parents didnt teach him how to cross the street from STILL running into traffic? Im just gonna pay the ticket because I dont give a **** anymore. For the most part, law enforcement is made up of the "other" group of people. You see, there are basically two types of people in the world. Those that can hold a steady job and act like decent human beings, work at Mcdonald's and take your order, even drug addicts can do that. Then there are cops, enough said. F*ck the police comin straight from tha underground
Old 01-16-2006, 10:44 PM

I agree dont take the guys number badge number car number it only lead me to a hand full of tickets ... i swear they must of had some type of tracking deive on my car becuase everywere i went there they were.. the funny thing is that my old 1983 280zx non turbo 2 seater was really owned by a drug dealer lol ill be damed ! p.s. dont let the police harass you thou some times it takes a good letter to the judge to make them stop there ****.. i should know ( i hate this town ) lol
Old 01-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Registered Zee Racer

Originally Posted by jmmorriso
Man, CHP just got me for passing a stopped schoolbus on my way to work. I was in the wrong, I even saw buzzcut on his k1200 or whatever they ride. he was waiting behind the bus for some idiot to pass it. Im still pissed because its a buisy *** street and judging by the line of cars in the other lanes the bus had been stopped for quite sometime. Its a bullshit law anyway, only traffic going one way has to stop? What stops some dumbass kid whose parents didnt teach him how to cross the street from STILL running into traffic? Im just gonna pay the ticket because I dont give a **** anymore. For the most part, law enforcement is made up of the "other" group of people. You see, there are basically two types of people in the world. Those that can hold a steady job and act like decent human beings, work at Mcdonald's and take your order, even drug addicts can do that. Then there are cops, enough said. F*ck the police comin straight from tha underground
I certainly hope you were joking about it being a bs law. What is a minute taken away from you worth against that of a child losing it's life because you were in a hurry and didn't want to stop for a schoolbus?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Darrel
I certainly hope you were joking about it being a bs law. What is a minute taken away from you worth against that of a child losing it's life because you were in a hurry and didn't want to stop for a schoolbus?
I think he was aiming at the fact that the opposite lane is still moving, not that he has to stop in his.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Big Poppa

I Thought You Had To Stop No Matter How Many Lanes And Whivh Direction You Were Traveling? Might Only Be Law Up Here I Dont Know.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:57 PM

No it's the same down here. If the sign comes out and the lights are flashing then you have to stop no matter what side of the road you're on. I had to learn that one the hard way too. No I didn't get pulled over, that would've been easy to get out of. Nope when I had to retake the written test to get my license back after suspension it was one of the questions on the test. I just figured you only had to stop if you were on the same side of the road. Damn, I missed one on my test Still passed though The law doesn't bother me any. I mean sure it's annoying when you're in a hurry or stuck behind a bus thats stopping at every house, but then you stop and think that could be your kid jumping off the bus and if he's in a hurry and not thinking and decides to dart across the road (kids can do stupid things) that law all of a sudden doesn't seem so annoying

But then again if it's a 6 lane road with center divider and a line of trees inhibiting you view of the other side to the point where you cant even see the bus then I'm sure it's not required to stop. Dont know for sure though.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by jmmorriso

I realize this post is your opinion and you have a right to it but I will say this once, so listen up. Your comments have offended me to no end. I wont repeat or get into any sort of BS with you or anyone else agreeing with you. Just keep that in mind next time you care to share your thoughts with the rest of us. Some things are better left unsaid.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:51 AM

The US Supreme Court has decided that police can't stop you just to check. They need a just cause. So that means that if a police stops you just for routine and it happens that you dont have your licence with you, that ticket is invalid and anticonstitutional. So you go to the court and the judge takes the ticket out.
I need to say that I agree that there are some laws that are completely innecessary. But there are laws that just try to impplement elements of common sense. That is the case of laws like the one that orders us to stop behind a school bus. And the government makes the law so hard because there is peolpe that borned with no common sense and gets the fu?'><#@ idea of passing a school bus. And don't just think of the ticket, if by bad luck you touch with your car one of that kids, you have just commited a tort, so the fathers of the kid and the kid will put a nice lawsuit.

I agree with you ZNuclearbeast!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Loves Going Topless

Originally Posted by zNuclearBeast
I realize this post is your opinion and you have a right to it but I will say this once, so listen up. Your comments have offended me to no end. I wont repeat or get into any sort of BS with you or anyone else agreeing with you. Just keep that in mind next time you care to share your thoughts with the rest of us. Some things are better left unsaid.
It offends me too. Laws reflecting common sense are there because more than half the people driving think that's for everyone else "NOT ME". Most don't use common sense while driving.
Think all cops are bad, then try living without them. Laws are for everyone not just some people.
I know one hell of a lot of cops, some are arrogant ******** most are good people and they are trying to do their job.
Been stopped for no license lite, even though it was working. It was a reason to do the stop. Actually had just dropped off my grandkids at their mothers and being under surveilence(her house), my car was tagged. I happen to run a tracker in the car. My tag number/description of car was broadcast from dispatch and I happened to have a cop behind me, his reply was that vehicle was in front of him and he would be pulling it over. He used the excuse "my tag lite was out" I showed him it wasn't. I knew the cop and he told me what was going on.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:26 AM

This is my "chiming in" segment. Police are definately necessary for order to be maintained. Yeah, I've had my run-ins with them when I was younger and what-not, but they have a job to do, and for the most part, do it well, with the limited funding that most towns and citys give them. It seems that most younger people have a problem with the police only because it's the "cool" way to think about authority. It's only after you need them for something that you realize that they are indispensible in their job. Most cops are like you and me. It wouldn't surprise me if there were an officer or two on this board....

Just my two pesos...
Old 01-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Doesn't post much...

Wow, this wasn't meant to be a debate about wether cops were good or bad, or what laws we like or don't like. I just thought you guys would get a kick out of the fact that it was a realtively funny story (Me, the old married dad getting hot stopped). That's all it was to me anyways... Just a funny incident. I mean yeah, I was a little pissed at the time only because I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong but that was just being reactionary. I don't have a problem with cops in general. I have 5 good friends on that same police force... 2 Lieutenants and 3 Sargeants... Any one of which I could have called during that stop and put an end to it really quick, but I didn't. I didn't because I knew these guys were just "Trying" to do their job. If they had gotten really out of hand with me then I may have started name dropping but that didn't happen. It was no big deal. They could have ticketed me for my tinted headlight covers but they didn't, they could have ticketed me for my plain black fron license plate but they didn't............................................ .................................................. .............. Here's the funny part though: When I went to check out the license plate lamp the next day... they were working . So chances are that it was a bullshit reason to stop me. So What, Look at what I was driving! That thing just begs to be pulled over. Once they realized I was just an average Joe and not some 17 year old Ricky Racer it was all good. Bottom line is, Usually the people that sweat it the most are the ones that have a reason to worry. I'm squeaky clean Mr. Goody Good so I don't sweat it . .. Rod.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:06 AM

I wanted to be a cop when I was in elementry school. But then I realized I didn't want to be fat and bald and have to beat on minorities for a living. Oh wait, thats just LAPD (and I guess New Orleans PD now too).

Seriously though cops are just like anybody else doing a job. Some people are good at their jobs, some people arent. Some people take their jobs too serious, some people not enough. If you push anybody, in any job too far they're going to snap. With a lot of cops it just seems like they want to be treated on equal ground. If you Start getting down on your knees then chances are they'll just go along with it and take advantage of you for giving them the oportunity. It's funny how many people are intimidated by the police. Being a cop is only a job. It's not his race, creed or religion. They're just people. You gotta figure if a cop is being a dick to you, its probably cause he just dealt with a few ********* himself and is probably tired of it. Just like the lady in the drivethrough at burger king. Shes in a good mood when she gets to work, but by the end of the day she's dealt with enough a$$holes giving her crap that she's ready to throw your drinks at you. People are people. I just find it funny that someone can be classified in life by their career. Thats like saying F@#! all mechanics cause some of them like to rip people off.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Jack Of All Trades

I'll chime in too....... Rod, I think this came about from the punk here bad-mouthing cops in general. It's kids like this that can make the rest of us cars guys' lives rough. First, punks with attitudes will always lose, cuz cops always will have the upper hand. The cops see modded out cars and automatically think punk street racing kids inside. Then the respectable citizens are stereotyped by the cars they drive.

I've always respected the law. When I was a teenager, I was on a first name basis with my local sheriffs. Alot more tolerable times then, they let me off on alot of stuff like just dumping the alcohol in the gutter instead of a ticket or jail. And not confiscating other items of paraphenlia, but letting me know they new. On numerous occasions where I was respectful of them, an acquaintance would smart off to them and then get bapped on the head with a flashlight and hauled off to jail.

They might not earn it, but they do command respect. I wouldn't want their jobs when they have to worry about getting shot at, and then if they defend themselves, they have to worry about losing their jobs.

Quick Reply: 3 Cop Cars!!!!!!!