280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Anyone???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Doesn't post much...

Anyone???????

Ok folks, I have searched in vain for a new left rear tail light with no luck. Does anybody have one from a 79-81 that is in decent shape they would be willing to sell??????????? I need one ASAP

I've searched all the local junk yards, ebay, Victoria british and so on.

Please help?!?!?!? I will gladly expedite payment.

I can't drop the car off at te body shop until I find one.

Thanks,

Rod.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

there quite a few here at the local yards. I saw some this weekend. If you want i can grab one and send it out.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Doesn't post much...

That would be awesome! For some reason, all the yards down here don't have any. I have found about a hundred right sides and no left sides... Let me know if you can find one and I will gladly make it worth your while.

Rod.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:29 AM
The Evil Twin

well, that "orange" colored wrecking yard just down the street from ecology has an 82/83 and I believe it had both rear tail lights. I know that would require a style change but... its there if you want to look. Its a 2-seater hard top which looked to be pretty complete. (that was a week ago that I was there)
Old 05-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by Bleach
well, that "orange" colored wrecking yard just down the street from ecology has an 82/83 and I believe it had both rear tail lights. I know that would require a style change but... its there if you want to look. Its a 2-seater hard top which looked to be pretty complete. (that was a week ago that I was there)
I went there monday... It was gone. I was thinking about doing the style change if I could find both newer style in good shape, but I haven't been able to find two good ones from '82 or '83 either yet. This is crazy.

Rod.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

I should be able to hit up the yard later today or tomorrow. Now its just a question of the condition and quality that they are in. I'll letcha know
Old 05-10-2006, 12:13 PM
The Evil Twin

wow, someone must have bought the whole car.that thing was almost complete last Tuesday the 2nd.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Doesn't post much...

Yeah, I was pretty surprised that it wasn't there myself. I asked them about it but they didn't know anything of course. In fact... They didn't have a single 280ZX in the yard. Ecology next door had plenty of them, but no good left side tail lights or no good pair of the later style, same story with Ecology in Otay Mesa and Oceanside, same story with All Japanese auto wrecking, All Foreign auto wrecking and a bunch of others.

When I didn't need one, I used to see them all the time!

Rod.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Externally Wastegated

Rod, if you can't find any, and if no one else can get you a set, I have my stock 82 lights (the ones with the stripes in them) and I have a spare set of '80 tail lights. The early ones need to be cleaned up (remember my pics from a while back with the dirty lenses?) , but the 82 lights are in great shape. I'll take a look at them tonight to see if anything is wrong with either set of lights, but as far as I can remember, they didn't have any cracks or broken plastic.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:54 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

theres a datsun-era z specialty shop a few miles from me.

http://zspecialties.com/

i didnt see what you needed in the online store, but he doesnt have everything on there. give him a call, and if you need me to go pick something up for you, i'll be happy to do so.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:55 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey Rod, there are quite a few '82-'83 taillights on e-bay right now as we speak. And for a pretty decent price. Just type in 280zx tail, or 280zx light in all categories. There are a few on there. If I would have known you didn't mind newer lights. I would have sent you a few links, or told you about the ones on e-bay. Also zxman.com, has taillights from '79-'89 for $50 each. And a good guy to deal with check him out. Hope this helps you out, and good luck to you.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:11 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay here are a couple of auctions for you to look at Rod.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsu...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsu...spagenameZWDVW

That should help you out, and for your info. The second auction link, are '83 Turbo taillights, what he is saying have the white stripes? Not sure on that one, go ahead and check it out.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by lifegrddude
Rod, if you can't find any, and if no one else can get you a set, I have my stock 82 lights (the ones with the stripes in them) and I have a spare set of '80 tail lights. The early ones need to be cleaned up (remember my pics from a while back with the dirty lenses?) , but the 82 lights are in great shape. I'll take a look at them tonight to see if anything is wrong with either set of lights, but as far as I can remember, they didn't have any cracks or broken plastic.
I PMed you about your lights...

Call me ASAP and there just might be some free tires in your future

Rod.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:31 PM
The Evil Twin

Zspecialties will probably have one, but you'll pay a premium price. I wouldn't be surprised if their price was $50-80 each
Old 05-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Externally Wastegated

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
I PMed you about your lights...

Call me ASAP and there just might be some free tires in your future

Rod.

Rod, I'll give you a call tomorrow. I'm in a crunch right now due to friggin finals (which thankfully end on Saturday), but yeah, I'll check out the lights I have when I get done with this group study session tonight.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:36 AM

I've got a pair of perfect condition '82 taillights available. They were off a garaged car, so there's no fading or cracks, and even the weatherstripping is in fair condition. Let me know if you, or anyone else, is interested and I can email pics if you PM me your email.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Doesn't post much...

Lifegaurd-dude hooked it up!!!!!

Tail light problem has been solved.

Thanks to everybody who offered assistance! You guys rock!!

Rod.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Externally Wastegated

Glad to have helped Rod. Post up pics when your Z is back from the shop!