280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Anyone's got this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:07 PM

Arrow Anyone's got this?

My '81 ZX didn't come with a coolant temperature switch, but instead came with tee connector, which is now rusted and leaking coolant.

I've looked on eBay, RockAuto and BlackDragon and they don't sell this tee. Any of you guys happen to have one in good shape that you might be willing to sell?

This picture describes where that tee is at; it's right under the cylinder head temp. sensor.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by n00blar
My '81 ZX didn't come with a coolant temperature switch, but instead came with tee connector, which is now rusted and leaking coolant.

I've looked on eBay, RockAuto and BlackDragon and they don't sell this tee. Any of you guys happen to have one in good shape that you might be willing to sell?

This picture describes where that tee is at; it's right under the cylinder head temp. sensor.
Hey brother, I will pull mine off my '82...Free to you my friend send me a PM
Old 05-28-2007, 05:34 PM

I just did, thanks man! I've been looking for this tee for two days.

I was even thinking of going to Home Depot to buy the tee from the plumbing section, lol
Old 05-28-2007, 07:09 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I made a custom one from Home Depot, works great. If you like I could send you the part numbers. You would have to give me some time though. They are brass fittings, and do the job nicely.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by WildmaN
I made a custom one from Home Depot, works great. If you like I could send you the part numbers. You would have to give me some time though. They are brass fittings, and do the job nicely.
Thanks man, I think thxone's gonna hook me up.