280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

been a while

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM

been a while

hello ladies and gents.. been a long while since i been on here... been holding on to my Z for a while.. i think its about that time to let it go =[ about to get married and its just taking up room now.. dotn know how much its worth or ask for but what would you guys say?
Old 04-07-2011, 12:00 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Welcome back man. And oh no not another one. Pretty soon there wont be many orginal 280zx owners on this site left.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Big Poppa

hey chinesekid, thats sad to hear but in cali those cars arent worth as much as up here. around here id say 3500-4500 but down there your prolly going to be 2700 or so. anyone else have a better idea?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:32 PM

Seeing this post prompted me to enter my two cents, you don't screw them in with self tappers or anything, you use these things I like to call rubber rivets, I cant remember there real name, they work the same way as a normal rivet, but you don't use a rivet gun, there rubber with a little bit threaded bronze or something at the end and when you screw a screw into them, the rubber sandwiches the truck to the louver hinges, holding the louvers and sealing them, they can be removed as many times as you want and there's no need for caulk, or liquid nails, I have them on my car, and they have been working out great so far, every once in a while i'll check to see if any water is in the trunk lid, and it's always dry as a bone, and I live in the Northwest, a place which is in a constant state of rain.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 PM

wait what? did you post on the wrong post? lol
Old 04-08-2011, 01:21 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by mrprofile
Seeing this post prompted me to enter my two cents, you don't screw them in with self tappers or anything, you use these things I like to call rubber rivets, I cant remember there real name, they work the same way as a normal rivet, but you don't use a rivet gun, there rubber with a little bit threaded bronze or something at the end and when you screw a screw into them, the rubber sandwiches the truck to the louver hinges, holding the louvers and sealing them, they can be removed as many times as you want and there's no need for caulk, or liquid nails, I have them on my car, and they have been working out great so far, every once in a while i'll check to see if any water is in the trunk lid, and it's always dry as a bone, and I live in the Northwest, a place which is in a constant state of rain.
lol. Wow talk about something coming out of nowhere! Holy snikees!
Old 04-09-2011, 05:58 PM

ehloehl!

and yeah whats up with everyone selling z's
Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Skully
ehloehl!

and yeah whats up with everyone selling z's
I know! There are like 30+ on craigslist near my area. A couple years ago there were like 5 or 6 max.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mayhem052
I know! There are like 30+ on craigslist near my area. A couple years ago there were like 5 or 6 max.
I was thinking more off this website hehe, but yeah
Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 PM

what the?! I was wondering why my post didn't show up in a different post, yea wrong post lol yea this site is glitchy with firefox I have to re log on if I want to do anything lol