280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Bleach vs. S/C

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Exclamation Bleach vs. S/C

Okay bleach and I were talking last night and placed a wager on who would get more done with there turbo project last night.. It is up to you guys to vote who got the most finished..

Took off stock P90 intake manifold.. Cleaned N42 Manifold a bit ported alittle and polished.. I think I am going to polish the whole manifold but my friend is out of town so I cant use his machine shop, and I have not put the manifold on yet..

Had to take off stock knock sensor put supra one in..Made little harness for it (SDS uses only one wire for thier knock sensor FITS PERFECT )

Last edited by s/cL3.0; 01-29-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Finished painting water outlet and sealed/mounted it..

Cleaned "T" for oil turbo oil feed.. Used banjo fittings and Stainless steel hose from VW S/C for the feed line..

Old 01-29-2006, 12:29 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Kick *** dude, looking really friggin' sweet. Keep it up man, and I also painted my head with high temp aluminum. With my blue block of course, will post pics of that soon. Well going back out to do some more. I should be running by Friday.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:56 PM

And Bleach's progress????????
Old 01-29-2006, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lost Vegaz
And Bleach's progress????????
Well I guess thats the answer to who wins
Old 01-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Well bleach isnt logged in IM so hopefully he is getting ish acomplished..

Well I pulled my fenders and buckets removed front buckets.. I am gonna paint the headlight holder/bracket black later, taking the fenders and buckets to friends bodyshop to get them re sealed and they will stay there til the Z is towed there to be painted..

Was going to mount intercooler but I need to hang it from the Rad. support which is cut.. LOL (oops)

Old 01-29-2006, 03:24 PM
The Evil Twin

hahaha! ya right, we bet on what?

I had my daughter over last night. I didn't even look at the turbo engine.

good work there. I think I'll go blow the dust off the TURBO valve cover. I win!
Old 01-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Big Poppa

Nice Electric Water Pump S/c. Is That The New One From Msa? I Want To Do It, But Holy Crap Is It Ever Expensive.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:41 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Yup. That's the CSR electric water pump that Jeff Priddy worked with them to design for his 650hp L28ET.

I think you can buy it directly from CSR for less than what MSA wants for it.

Summit Racing has it for $35 less than MSA:

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

Looks just like the one on my ZXT!
Old 01-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by Bleach
hahaha! ya right, we bet on what?

I had my daughter over last night. I didn't even look at the turbo engine.

good work there. I think I'll go blow the dust off the TURBO valve cover. I win!
I see how it is.. I will forward the Yahoo IM conversation if you like?? haha.. You were supposed to get it done and running today what happened??
Old 01-29-2006, 08:05 PM
The Evil Twin

I see our conversation. I never agreed to your bet. I said it was good that you planned a lot of work for Sunday. I planned to do a little.
But things never go as I plan in my life, I already know that. I lost a tool that I needed while working on my truck a few days ago. I went out and bought it tonight after I dropped my daughter off at her mom's place. I just got home. I still 'plan' to work on my car tonight but it probably won't happen because like always, things never go as I plan.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:39 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by lww
Yup. That's the CSR electric water pump that Jeff Priddy worked with them to design for his 650hp L28ET.

I think you can buy it directly from CSR for less than what MSA wants for it.

Summit Racing has it for $35 less than MSA:

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

Looks just like the one on my ZXT!
But MSA also provides the OEM waterpump bracket... I didn't see that on the Summit page. I guess if you have a CNC machine, you can cut your own.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:41 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Bleach
I see our conversation. I never agreed to your bet. I said it was good that you planned a lot of work for Sunday. I planned to do a little.
But things never go as I plan in my life, I already know that. I lost a tool that I needed while working on my truck a few days ago. I went out and bought it tonight after I dropped my daughter off at her mom's place. I just got home. I still 'plan' to work on my car tonight but it probably won't happen because like always, things never go as I plan.
Damn! Bleach sounds like he's a bit down today! Be happy foo! Am I gunna have to drive my *** up there to cheer ya up!?

Last edited by NismoPick; 01-29-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:41 PM

Wow. Seeing this progress makes me hesitant to dismantle my Zed. I WANT A TURBO MOTOR AND A STRAIGHT 2+2! Yargh ...
Old 01-29-2006, 09:54 PM

You fools are so slow that it will be never befor you get it done ...i have had my **** done three times over befor you get it done once...dam this **** isnt that hard get TO it make it happen ...iam happy that bleach at lest got that **** on the stand
{IT ONLY TOOK HIM A YEAR SENCE I HOOKED HIM UP WITH THAT TURBO CAR} but dam man put that beast together already bleach { ITS SAD BLEACH REALLY SAD}...s/c come on all thoughs goodys and {MONEY SPENT} man what is stoping you do it ....get her done .......
Or you can box up all that **** UP SHIP IT TO ME and i will have a turbo zx and be driveing it next week ....
NO JOKE STOP F-ING AROUND AND PUT IN THE WRENCH TIME!!!

AS FOR ALL THIS POOR ME **** ...GET OVER IT AND GET THE **** DONE YOU WANT TO FOR YOUR SELF ....................
DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY.....
LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT ....

Last edited by 81 Black L28E; 01-29-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:31 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Originally Posted by NismoPick
But MSA also provides the OEM waterpump bracket... I didn't see that on the Summit page. I guess if you have a CNC machine, you can cut your own.
Mine came with everything necessary to bolt it right on. I just hit the CSR website and they have it $5 cheaper than Summit!

http://www.csr-performance.com/Merch...gory_Code=N_WP

As you can see, even though the pump is upside down, the adapter plate is clearly there.

MSA buys them from CSR and MSA doesn't make the adapters themselves.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:39 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by lww
Mine came with everything necessary to bolt it right on. I just hit the CSR website and they have it $5 cheaper than Summit!

As you can see, even though the pump is upside down, the adapter plate is clearly there.

MSA buys them from CSR and MSA doesn't make the adapters themselves.
Jackpot! Good find there!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:25 AM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by lww
I think you post this in every thread I have with a pic of my motor.. LOL.. Just rub it in my face why dont ya..
Old 01-30-2006, 10:41 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

No rubbing intended. But isn't it the unintended rubbing that's the most satisfying?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Big Poppa

Ouch Thats Still Expensive For Me Right Now. How Much Hp Do You Really Gain For That?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:25 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by SHADY280
Ouch Thats Still Expensive For Me Right Now. How Much Hp Do You Really Gain For That?
It's prolly only 2-4hp, but the water flow is much better & more constant (vs rpm dependant).
Old 01-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by NismoPick
It's prolly only 2-4hp, but the water flow is much better & more constant (vs rpm dependant).
And in AZ that is EXTREMLY scarce on WATA, and has too much heat..
Old 01-30-2006, 08:40 PM

Vegas is scarce on water too
Old 01-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by Lost Vegaz
Vegas is scarce on water too
Not FIRE WATER though
Old 01-30-2006, 10:34 PM

It seems to me that if you have too much water flow the water wont tranfer enough heat from the motor to the radiator. Ive seen it before on race motors that have been installed by less than brilliant mechanics. They leave the thermostat or restrictor out, and the motor overheats, no matter how much water wetter or air they get to it. With an electric pump, I'd want an electronic speed control, so I could fiddle with it to get the near optimum pump speed. Maybe it isnt necessary, but I think there might be something to gain there, Even if it was two speed, so the pump would be really slow while the motor was cold, then speed up when the thermostat opens. As for power gains: TINSTAAFL! There is no such thing as a free lunch. The alternator still has to turn mechanical energy into electricity to run the pump, so its still drawing power. Id stick with a mech pump until they put a better impeller on it. The pump wont push any more water than stock if it has a stock impeller.

Quick Reply: Bleach vs. S/C