280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Curiosity killed the cat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:58 AM
The Evil Twin

Nice monitor.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:12 AM

Aww ... seems my cat has found an online buddy now.

My cat, Binx, likes to chill on my lap when I'm on the forums. She looks just like yours, but with white patches on her feet, and a white diamond on her chest.

And yes, that monitor is the sickness.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:24 PM

haha its just an LCD...

yeah this guy also has a white spot on hes chest...and thats it...ma lil puma!!! but he is very protective of hes territory ...if he sees a cat outside walking on our sidewalk he starts hissing and chasing around the house...i dont think he would do good with a friend...and he is a BIG cat....
Old 12-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Big Poppa

I Got A Black And White Cat Too. Hes 18 Years Old And Still Plays Like A Kitten. I Moved Out Of My Parents House So I Only Get To See Him Once In Awhile. I Think People Dont Like Cats Due To There Independance
Old 12-14-2005, 05:56 PM

I love both my cats. One is a rescued ferrel though. You can't pet or touch her. She will either run or hiss if you try. She just lives here. The other one who looks just like her, black and brown, is a lap cat too. Only she is huge, 13 pounds, and if she gets mad, she will kick the dog sh*t out of my 5 pound mini pinicher
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 PM

I loved cats. My wife brought home 3 of them. Well actually it was just one at first. She decided it was lonely, went back and bought another one to keep it company. Then she decided she didn't like the second one, but didn't want to take it back. So she went down and bought the third and final cat from the litter (thank god that was the last one or who knows how many she would have brought home). Well come to find out, I'm allergic to cats. I lost my sense of smell and the ability to breath through my nose. After a year, one managed to escape through a hole in the garage. A year later another one died giving birth. We got rid of the kittens. And then a couple months after that the third one, which was left outside one night was never seen again. So here I am now with no cats and still I cant smell anything and I still cant breath through my nose and that was all about a year and a half ago. Like I said, I loved cats. But no thank you, they've made me miserable enough as it is. Now this Beagle is another story, talk about a nightmare Dogs got a mind of its own.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 PM

ahh cant breathe, no sense of smell? what men do for *****.....

i meant *****-cats...***** cats....:P
Old 12-14-2005, 09:54 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

I have only one thing to say...

Catapult!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:08 PM

haha fo shizzle, oh and zed X sounds stupid, its the letter "Z"
Old 12-14-2005, 10:43 PM

OH NO, not the ZED again
Old 12-15-2005, 06:39 AM

z is zed in canada lets not get into that again...

oh LWW dont ...dont even say that!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Doesn't post much...

Cats Rock!! I had a Siamese cat for 17 years that was the coolest cat ever. It would regularly work over the neighborhood dogs that got out of line!!!! She had a "Nasty reputation as a cru-el dude" (Anyone who gets that reference is either really old or a total music nerd).

Rod.

Last edited by RodMoyes; 12-15-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:43 PM

I'm not really old and I'm not a music nerd so.....

I dont get it
Old 12-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Big Poppa

someone kick lww in the nuts for that
Old 12-15-2005, 09:24 PM

Dogs are better than cats

Lets see just how far a stray (get it stray [not funny]) from the topic of Z's we can get here in the great 280zx forum

By the way, don't take that personal. I'm just trying to spark a debate and keep L-Dub from taking a shot in the nuts
Old 12-15-2005, 09:26 PM

so yeah Zee is how you spell out "z" in america and ZED would be any other british province...
Old 12-15-2005, 09:29 PM

I think you guys were right all along: I think us "unique" americanos are the only ones pronouncing it Zee. Maybe we should check in with some of our Aussie bretheren to get their pronunciation of the letter 'Z'

Now I've got a question for you guys: Do you have Sesame Street in Canada? And if so, how did Grover pronounce the letter 'Z'?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Doesn't post much...

Dogs are lame, They're filthy and usually not very smart. Any animal that eats its own dookie can't be the brightest bulb in the bunch. Maybe I'm biased because my mom's Afghan Hound ate 1/2 my face off when I was a kid... maybe I just don't like dogs. All I know is that no matter how bad *** a house cat is, he ain't gonna get away with takin' a chunk outta me without suffering swift reciprocity. Of course, cat's are also smart enough to know that anyway which is probably why you don't read about too many cat attacks in the newspapers.

Rod.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:33 PM

well when he would say "z"...a deep male overvoice would say "ZED' and the show would keep going...
Old 12-15-2005, 10:54 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

The quality of the dog is a direct reflection on the quality of the owner. My wife was attacked by a dog when she was 6 I think and has the scars to prove it today.

I've owned and raised championship bird dogs since I was about 8 years old. I have the trophy to prove it "Largest dog, Smallest Handler".

Dogs purchased from puppy farms with mass-inbreeding are generally stupid. Just look at the British Monarchy. Also, poorly trained dogs that are abused or received no compassion from their owners are evil and should be put down, followed immediately by their owners.

My dog is incredibly well behaved, can do a suite of tricks that shock and amaze spectators and she will defend the house from anyone that tries to come in without permission.

Seriously, I was being facetious as I do have a cat too. But to me, they serve no useful purpose other than to sleep and entertain themselves. My dog can save my life.

Can your cat do that?

Cheers,
LWW

P.S.
My dog will bite your foot off before it encounters my sack!
Old 12-16-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

There, there kids. Pay no attention to the grumpy, old man. He cant help it . . . . . he drives a riced out honda.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:30 AM

I bought my son a Beagle cause we have a limitation on what size dog we can own and most other smaller dogs just bug the crap outta me. That dog is super smart but man does it have a knack for driving people insane. Of course it's only 10 weeks old so it's still got some training left. So far it's only crate and house broken. But that dog can run around with my son and they can wrestle and play all they want. Some things a cat just wouldn't be able to do. Cats do have a certain appeal to them. I don't know what it is but as much trouble as my cats got into and as miserable as I am now from those cats I still like cats. But for my puposes a dog just fits the bill better. Plus my sons afraid of cats cause hes been scratched up a few times. All his fault as he was only a baby, but never the less he can do whatever he wants to this dog and it just takes it in stride.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

I had had a Siamese once that could do everything a dog could in that respect. I would wrestle with him, thow him around, grab him by the legs and spin'm on the kitchen floor. . . . He was so chill, he just loved the attention. Attention and cars. Which was inventually his demise. He loved hangin out with me while I would wrench, and even go for rides once in a while. Only time he didnt like them was when he was put in a cat carrier in the car cuz he knew it was time to hit up the vet. Died from kidney failure 2 years after being hit by a car. Awsome cat.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:01 PM

This is what happens when a thread gets hijacked. Mayhem.....
Old 12-16-2005, 02:06 PM

no the letter "Z" is spelled out as ZEE in america and its spelled out ZED in pretty much any British province (like canada) so we didnt make up a word that is ZED..thats how we spell the letter!

Quick Reply: Curiosity killed the cat?