280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

First start of the year!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 11:15 AM

First start of the year!!

well snows melted and it was +1 C finaly so i untarped the beast and fired her right up... no problems at all! god how she purred for me...i missed her too! cant wait to get her done and on the street!!!
Old 03-28-2004, 07:31 PM

You aren't the only one. I have an 83 zx n/a and I spun a bearing about 8 months ago and I finally should have her back on the road this weekend. There's nothing like driving a Z. I have had to drive a chevy celebrity wagon and a plymouth acclaim for the past 8 months. That was torture. I can't wait.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:05 PM

Yea, I live in Florida, and well you know it is so f***ing hot that we can drive our cars year-round. But yea, it definetly blows no Z for 8 months. It was supposed to be on the road last weekend, that didn't happen because Clutchmasters sent me the wrong clutch kit(for a 280Z 2 seater). So I call them. The guy(Louis) proceeds to tell me that the clutch he sent me was the clutch for my car(83 280ZX 2+2). As you probably know these clutches are completely different. So then it was supposed to be this weekend, but guess what, Motorsport MIGHT(key word here MIGHT) get it in on Thurs., can 2nd day it and have it here on Sat. Can it possibly suck any more? Yep. There is a big Z car show in Orlando happening April 16-18. It royally sucks, because I am supposed to get 500 city miles on the clutch before then. One more problem added to the already long list. So if anyone has anything that would help me(info on a performance clutch place in Florida, or perhaps a stage 1 clutch kit) that would be great.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:08 PM

oh man that blows....is tarted it again today and sat in it for about one whole hour just listening to it purr!! i dont even know if you guys can feel my excitment!!! im freaking out!! ITS CHRISTMAS FOR ME AND I JUST WOKE UP WITH A 280zx IN MY YARD!!!

Last edited by Skully; 03-29-2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:29 AM
The Evil Twin

Have fun this summer! As for me, its the opposite. My Z is off the road recently due to multiple transmisison and clutch problems that finally rendered the car undrivable. ...but I'm working on my truck now and driving that so I'm happy for now. It'll only take a couple hundred bucks and a week to get the Z back on the road.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:45 PM

Found a clutch kit from a company about an hour away, should be here thurs. I can't wait.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:30 AM

I know how you guys feel. I've had my '77 in my yard for about 4 months and haven't been able to do anything because of money. I finally got it in the garage last month. I got it running for the first time two weeks ago. It was like a wet dream *** true. That thing purred like a lion. Then I took it the head off and took it down to the head shop by my place to clean it up, reseat the valves and possibly some resurfacing. I get it back by friday and I'll have the beast running again by the end of the weekend. I can't wait. It's killing me!!!
Old 04-08-2004, 09:59 PM

Dropped the engine and tranny in last night and started it tonight. The only problem is I forgot where all the vaccum lines go from the throtle body, the distributor, and the thermal vaccum switch(I think that is what it is called)(the piece on the thermastat housing where three lines hook up). Any help would be appreciatted.

thanks
Old 04-09-2004, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by FastZ
Dropped the engine and tranny in last night and started it tonight. The only problem is I forgot where all the vaccum lines go from the throtle body, the distributor, and the thermal vaccum switch(I think that is what it is called)(the piece on the thermastat housing where three lines hook up). Any help would be appreciatted.

thanks
ahh that sucks i took all my vaccum lines off so i can get all the piping blasted and painted...so ill be having fun too getting them all back where they were
Old 04-09-2004, 10:57 AM

You didn't take any pics, I did of everything except the vaccum lines. Stupid, completely forgot.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by FastZ
You didn't take any pics, I did of everything except the vaccum lines. Stupid, completely forgot.
no hah im relying on my memory and my manual
Old 04-09-2004, 06:19 PM

yea, i used the chiltons and I think I figured it out. Does anyone have a thermal vaccum valve, it goes on the bottom of the thermastat housing and has three nippes on it.