280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Fuk!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 04:44 PM

***!!!!!!!!

wats up guys.. i was driving my 280ZX down to pleasentin to pick up my new cat. all of a sudden my car started surging in the rpm's of 1500-2500 and im not sure wat it was.. it started boggin down instead of accelerating. i got back to my dads house. we discovered that my coil wire. the + and - were arching onto the main line to the distrubutor. we gapped them and now its running beautiful agian.. as i pull up to my own house.. i hear a hissing noise. first thing i think of is a flat tire.. nope. my goddamn A/C line started coming out.. raw metal was exposed of the line. now. to fix it is it as simple as pushing the line back in and tightning it down? any comments or suggestions please let me know.. thank you
Old 07-17-2005, 08:42 PM

gona need to recharge it. check for any damage to any thing else. those hidden spots are a good place to look first. I have heard of leaking a/c fluid to eat through the protective covering around wires. don't know if it's true, or some one just had some f**ked up wires. But check anyways. As far as i know. hook up the a/c line, tightin it, and recharge it.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:46 PM

If your line was hissing that means it was leaking right? Well if thats the case then you need to get it serviced. It doesn't take much to get moisture in the system and once it does it has to be boiled out(vacuum). Plus you probably lost some refrigerant(especially if it was the hi side). As far as fixing the leak itself, exactly what part of the line is leaking? I don't have ac in my Z, nor have I payed any particular attention to the AC in a Z before, so I'm not to keen on how the lines are setup. Where'd the line start coming out from?
Old 07-17-2005, 08:51 PM

beat me to it fubar. And the refrigerant shouldn't do anydamage to anything. If it were corrosive, it would eat through the lines. It should evaporate before it could saturate anything anyways.