280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Help with my 280zx

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:48 PM

Help with my 280zx

Hey, ive had my 80 280zx for about a year now... ive put a big *** intake on it, its had straight pipe for a while...(starting to get old) ive read alot of the forums that have been posted and ive got a few ideas:stage 3 cam,spring kit,rocker kit,lash pads, fuel pressure regulator, ignition system,ignition coil, thicker spark plug wires, 60mm throttle body, monza header, monza catback to a thrush glasspack, then i was guna do that intake manifold cleanup with the barb fuel rail. maybe welding the diff. I think all that should come out to around 1300. I dont wanna mess with any turbo swaps just yet. but if anyone could tell me what to take out or add to that list it would be a big help. thanks.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Big Poppa

fuel press. isnt all that helpfull on the na, get some nice good spark plugs, change the temp range up one. other than that, it will get you doing quite a bit, if you feel like it, get a p79 head, and grind it down quite a bit and raise the comp ratio, that will yeild some of the best power, or maybe just do an in frame and change the pistons to flat top. (only if you have a "n" series block) the cr increase is the best power adder. the cam just adds power in a diff. range, you can actually get away with stock for quite some time, but it is nice to have.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:22 AM

I am with shady on the comp raise. I am doing the same. But going a diff route in doing it. I am just puting a N42 head on my F54 block with flattops. Instant 10:4 comp. With no mechine work. And if your gona drive it kind of often. Don't weld the rear. And go stage 2, 3 is to high for a comon driver, and you can't turn worth a damn with rear welded
Old 01-19-2008, 12:46 PM

thanks 4 the tips.

is there any other solutions to getting power to both wheels without a $1000 lsd? cuz im tired of the half *** burnouts- I want a full on smoke show goin on behind me.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Über User

i was definatly going to raise the comp on my car.... but now im thinking i might go SC. either way, im not turbo'ing my new S30.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Big Poppa

no other way to do it right in the rear, but if you want it done right, there is only one real way. youll break lots of stuff if you weld it, then if its broke, you cant drive it.