280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Here's MY Story

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

Originally Posted by Brettallica
I'm going crazy on eBay and Craigslist right now trying to find me a nice-ish ZX.
did you see my friends 280ZX turbo... i know the owner of this car.. if i had the money id get it... i even worked on it.. i was the one who put his clutch in..lol

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/364661586.html
Old 07-06-2007, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by icice9
did you see my friends 280ZX turbo... i know the owner of this car.. if i had the money id get it... i even worked on it.. i was the one who put his clutch in..lol

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/364661586.html
I have seen that one! Is that one in good condition? I worry about the rust on these cars. I remember that my car had a few nice spots that I was able to nip in the bud before they spread. I remember sanding the spots down to bare metal, then painting them with Testor's model paint!!! So ghetto! Ha! Hey, I was 16, and at least the paint kinda matched. More importantly, it stopped the rust's progress.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

that cars in pretty good condition.. like he said it just needs paint...
Old 07-06-2007, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by icice9
that cars in pretty good condition.. like he said it just needs paint...
Dang, man. It looks like this could be "the one" then. I'm not super-big on tan interior, but I suppose some sacrifices could be made in the interim.

My wife might just have my head for dropping $4000 on an old-skool used car, especially considering that I just spent $2000+ on rims for my TL. She "just doesn't understand" though. Hopefully my place back in Missouri sells soon, because I think I want this one!

Do you think this guy will come down? Is $4000 a reasonable price? I'm still trying to figure out the market for used 280ZXs.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:46 PM

4k is well worth it, you should go buy it right now

its actually my car, let me know if you need anymore info on it.

we owned it for the past 5 or so years and it was also my first car, i don't really want to sell it because i do want to one day fully restore it and enjoy the car for what it is, but its just not the best of things to do for me at this time and to have a spare car/money around.

i priced it at 4k because it only has 91k original miles and i put a lot of money and time into it. It really isn't worth selling if i got any less, but of course something like this, its only worth what someones willing to pay. i actually have a couple inquiries on it but I am still hesitant to sell so i will be getting back to them next week.

Issac linked me to your post and i wouldn't mind selling it to you at all because i know it will be going to a good home, especially someone thats on the forums.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

<//~~~~ Isaac by the way....
Old 07-08-2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by wannabvan
4k is well worth it, you should go buy it right now

its actually my car, let me know if you need anymore info on it.

we owned it for the past 5 or so years and it was also my first car, i don't really want to sell it because i do want to one day fully restore it and enjoy the car for what it is, but its just not the best of things to do for me at this time and to have a spare car/money around.

i priced it at 4k because it only has 91k original miles and i put a lot of money and time into it. It really isn't worth selling if i got any less, but of course something like this, its only worth what someones willing to pay. i actually have a couple inquiries on it but I am still hesitant to sell so i will be getting back to them next week.

Issac linked me to your post and i wouldn't mind selling it to you at all because i know it will be going to a good home, especially someone thats on the forums.
Well I haven't exactly earned my stripes, as they say, having only been a member of this forum for only a week. She will, however, be going into a good home if I were to take her off your hands.

As of right now, I have a property up for sale in Missouri, and as soon as that is sold, I will have plenty of dough for a 280ZX. I don't know what your financial situation is as far as how quickly you need the money, but if you're not in any hurry to get rid of her, then please -- by all means -- hang onto to her until I get my funds ready for the purchase. From the sound of it, it sounds like she's pretty much ready to go, so I think I'd like to buy yours, if possible.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:42 PM

Got Z? Yeah, I do...finally/again!!

OK, ladies and gentlemen. I have a little bit of an update here. A MAJOR change of plans has taken place.

I kind of shifted my focus from getting myself a 280ZX because of the costs it would require to get it where I needed it to be. I have neither the time, energy, or means in general (like garage space) to take on a 280ZX right now. So, I went ahead and did some very patient and deliberate shopping for a 300ZX -- I've been looking for about a month now. I finally found the one that qualifies as "the one."

1991 300ZX Z32, 2+2, T-tops, 5-speed, grey cloth interior:

The exterior is in amazing condition, especially considering it's the original paint and it's 16 years old. The interior is nothing short of exquisite -- not a rip, tear, or hardly any sign of age at all. I could practically eat off the engine. Mechanically, the car is borderline dreamy when you're talking about something that is 16 years old. Most major maintenance has been done so it's pretty much turn-key. I bought it and picked it up yesterday, and I drove it to work today! I'll spare you all from posting excessive pictures since this isn't the right forum anyway, but man oh man, I am stoked. I hope you guys like it!

I'm back in "the family" now! Yay!!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:49 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

very nice!! take good care of it.