280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Here's Your Pics!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Wow, really? Do you do any work on your Z or any of your other cars? I only ask because I have never heard of anyone who was an enthusiast and didnt enjoy doing the work themselves to mod there vehicle. Im not giving you a hard time, just a genuine question.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by bleach
Did your front bumper hit the trash bin too?!?
yeah, but it literally HIT the trash bin while it was still on the car It was twisted up pretty bad so I yanked it off. I couldn't even close the hood.

Originally Posted by apollo
Wow, really? Do you do any work on your Z or any of your other cars? I only ask because I have never heard of anyone who was an enthusiast and didnt enjoy doing the work themselves to mod there vehicle. Im not giving you a hard time, just a genuine question.
I hate doing the work. Working on my car sucks. Oh sure its gratifying in the end and I love the pride that comes with doing it myself and because of that I would never pay anyone else to do it. I'm a lazy sunbitch and when you spend long enough fixing other peoples cars by the time it comes to working on your own alls you want to do is stare at the car and hope it works on itself The only work I trully enjoy doing is electrical work. I love wiring and soldering and take pride in doing a job right. But thats probably mostly cause I get to sit on my *** while doing it Turning the wrench used to be fun. Now it just makes my hands hurt more than they already do. Don't get me wrong though, like I said, I'd still rather do it myself. But hey, thats just me
Old 12-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

I know what you mean. After working for a few shops I got so tired of repair work. But painting/body modification/auto restoration etc etc is something I love doing myself. Especially on my own car. Its fun, extremely satisfying and the way that a custom car can bring people from all walks of life together to bask in the glow fo someones hard work and creativity is one of the coolest things ever . . .IMO
Old 12-12-2005, 10:21 PM
NisTuner

I like doing the work myself because it saves me alot and is gratifying in the end, but really just alone it does kinda suck. It also depends on the work, if I'm doing something like putting a body kit or some type of thing on the car that really isn't neccesary it's alot more fun. I don't like it so much when I have to do the work to get the car to run. Also when you have a friend working with you it's alot more fun. Just because things go faster and it's just a better time working with a buddy.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:10 PM

yeah I guess it's always funner to do the stuff that doesnt NEED to be done. Upgrading your car is always funner than fixing your car. The only part of body work I dont like is the sanding . I love massaging a body panel back to shape (atleast until the blisters start showing up) but man when it comes time to break out the sand paper I'd just as soon be somewhere else Installing a header is 10x funner than installing an exhaust manifold even though technically the header is harder to install
Old 12-13-2005, 03:50 AM

yeah sssssooooooo anyway...... Rod,

Nice job on the Z dude. Maybe these pics dont do it justice but I gotta say...It looks GREAT even in these pictures. Much work you have put into it and it has motivation no doubt for the rest of us not in the same boat as you.

Now that is an Awesome looking car! never mind a Z, it will look good sitting side by side with any other car.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by apollo
well, i work 60 hrs a week at my job and i even take work home over the weekend.
My cars are also parked in an underground 'public' garage because i live in an highrise apartment building in NY.

The only thing i enjoy is having any work done and done right the first time so i can just relax and enjoy what little downtime i have with the cars... mainly cruising at night on weekends.

It would really suk for me to be 'working' on anything when i'm not on the job.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Well thats totaly understandable then.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Big Poppa

Nice Rod, Nice. Now I Want To Put My Covers On.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:20 PM
NisTuner

That Z is badass. I thought it was cool that a 240Z owner was really impressed by it. Gotta love the Z. I wish I had a Z as awesome as Rod's
Old 12-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Doesn't post much...

Thanks again for all the compliments guys. It's really nice to get props from fellow Z drivers. It's come a long way from what it was when I got it, but it's nowhere near complete. Like I wrote before though... By MSA 2006 it should be a lot nicer than it is now

And hey! I like my rear window wiper and my antenna or they wouldn't be there.

Rod.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:54 AM

rod your Z ride is looking really sick .......just lose the wiper and buy some skirts
looks real clean nice work player i want your rims
Old 12-15-2005, 10:10 AM
The Evil Twin

Ya Rod, you've got a great looking 'stock body' car going on there. No bodykits or anything.

As for me, I'm going to lose the rear wiper but keep the antenna. Black is just plain crazy, don't listen to him! hehe
Old 12-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Doesn't post much...

Thanks Bleach,
I thought about taking off the rear wiper, but that little guy comes in handy every now and then. I think once I get my rear spoiler on, it will help mask the wiper anyway. As for the antenna, yes it is pretty tall. But, It's BLACK! My factory power antenna was broken off when I bought the car and I didn't really feel like finding/buying/re-installing another one. The power antenna weighs more and has poorer reception than a standard one anyway. I usually keep it down a liitle bit so it's not so tall, but I had just washed the car and all that stuff and forgot to put it down before I took the pictures. Black cars are such a pain. I did all that detail work on it 4 days ago (Sunday) and it already looks like caca again. I need to hire a mobile detailer to follow me around wherever I go so that he can keep my car shiny 24/7!!!!.

last night I got props from the guy driving the official "Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile"! I thought that was pretty funny. Here's a pic I managed to get with my cell phone...

Rod.
Attached Thumbnails Here's Your Pics!!!!!-weinermobile.jpg  
Old 12-15-2005, 11:26 AM

HAHAHAHAAHA oscar meyer wiener mobile gave you props..did you return the props!!!????
Old 12-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by Skully
HAHAHAHAAHA oscar meyer wiener mobile gave you props..did you return the props!!!????
Of course I did!!! That thing is totally kewl.

Rod.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Forget the props, he should have hooked it up with a dog!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:46 PM
NisTuner

I'm picturing it now. Race of the century. Rod's Z vs. Oscar Meier Weiner Mobile
Old 12-15-2005, 02:01 PM

and rod loses...
Old 12-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by Skully
and rod loses...
I doubt it... That thing may be a giant weiner, but it's got no *****

Rod.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:18 PM
The Evil Twin

...watch it, he might have a VW engine in there!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:53 PM

OOOOOOOOOhhhh burn BURN!!!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by Bleach
...watch it, he might have a VW engine in there!
So, would that make it a hot dog with sauerkraut?

Rod.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

ZING!

Speaking of giant weiners with no ***** . . .
I was on the way to work today and I noticed something swinging under this huge, lifted ford truck on the freeway. I got closer only to see that it was a metalic ball sack for the truck hung just behind the rear end. No joke. I just laughed, but kinda makes you wonder about the owner
Old 12-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Doesn't post much...

Those are the latest in redneck chic... check 'em out...

http://www.trucknutz.com/

Rod.

Quick Reply: Here's Your Pics!!!!!