280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

I have to stop my project for a while

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 07:34 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I have to stop my project for a while

Hi everyone: Well I have to come to reality and stop messing with my Z. I am tired of being depressed trying to get him back on the road, when I do not have the money. I am going to concentrate on refinancing my mortgage, and selling my Firebird. I have to get out of this rut, so until then the Z is down until further notice.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:51 PM

sorry to hear it dude. but you are doing a good thing geting rid of the firebird.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:10 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah it hurts, I mean I have had her for over 8 years, and she has come a long way. But as it is, I can't afford to drive her because of gas prices, plus the fact she will only run on premium fuel. I wish I could go back over a year ago, and rather have dumped that money into my Z, and I still would have had money left over! Oh well I made my bed now I have to lye in it. Get myself out of this rut, and then concentrate 100% on my Z. So that is my goal, I will strive to make it happen even if it kills me.!
Old 07-17-2005, 08:17 AM

Z's only run on premium?
Old 07-17-2005, 02:51 PM

They just run much better on premium than not...
Old 07-17-2005, 04:18 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey I was talking about my Firebird only running on premium. And yes Z's do like to run on premium better. But they can run on bottom grade.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:30 PM

Geez, what kind of compression are you running in the Firebird that it has to run on premium? Bum deal though all around. At least you're taking the right steps though. Good luck to you.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:47 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

My Firebird has 380hp, with a step up from stock cam in a 1969 Buick Skylark 350 engine. Those old blocks can't run on bottom grade, they ping too much. As for the compression, I am not sure, I know she has ***** to the wall! And sucks gas at the same time. Anyway thank you for the kind thoughts!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:54 AM

Man, I have to stop my project too, I have a warrant out and am gonna have to go turn myself in..and deal with legal issues. For missing a court date I wasn't even aware of!! God This is lame.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:38 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Sorry to hear that man, good luck to you. I have been there and done that, it sucks!
Old 07-20-2005, 05:50 PM

a 1969 skylark you say?? my uncle has 2 of those.. i love those cars.. a highly underestimated muscle car of its time.. it was mostly Camaro Mustang and Charger those years..
Old 07-21-2005, 03:06 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah the Skylarks were pretty tight cars. Real mean and aggressive looking!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:09 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey everybody I have an update. I am going to probably delivering pizzas on the weekend. And use my Celica strictly for that. And my Z for everything else. My plan is to take a loan from my 401k, and use that money to get my Z back onto the road. It shouldn't take more than a grand or so. Anyway I will keep you updated, and wish me luck!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Doesn't post much...

That's awsome WildMan. Glad to hear you're making progress in getting the Z back on the road.

Rod.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:32 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah thanks Rod, well the ball is in motion. I should start delivering pizzas next weekend. And I am getting another loan from my 401k. And putting it into my Z. Oh so soon, so verry soon. I can't wait, will keep you people updated!
Old 08-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Z8 driver

Hey aaron, you can make some good money delivering Pizza's man!! Hope it goes good for ya
Old 08-01-2005, 01:48 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thanks Jason, yeah it will help me out, along with my current full time job.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:23 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Update, I am going to apply at Dominos here close to my house. They said they needed people for the weekend. Will let you know if I get it. Soon verry soon, get myself caught up on bills. Then dump more money in my Z. Really stoked on this, will keep you informed, and wish me luck!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Doesn't post much...

That would be awesome for you! I hope it all works out. Good Luck!!!!

Rod.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:42 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey thanks Rod, Yeah I just called Dominos a few minutes ago. And she said that they will get the application from the other store I applied at. And check my motor vehicle record, and I should start, next Saturday. Can't wait, totally stoked, extra money to get me out of this rut! And then I can buy a battery for my Firebird, so I can get ready to sell her, and hopefully pay my dad off on his credit cards. Never again, will I do that, I am in debt mainly because of putting money into my Firebird. No more, and then it is cash only from no on. Period!!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Doesn't post much...

Getting rid of the Firebird sounds like a good idea. Too many car's usually=not enough money.
Rod.

Last edited by RodMoyes; 08-19-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:39 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah there is just something about the Z that affects us like no other car! Anyway good luck to you, I wish you the best of luck!!
Old 08-25-2005, 03:37 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Update again the ball is about to roll on down the path. I just got a call from Dominos yesterday, and I should be starting this Saturday! Just have to wait for human resources to okay a felony I did in '94. It should be allright, I mean Pizza Hut didn't seem to care about it, when I worked for them. So it shouldn't be any different. I just sat there and explained it to them. Which I hate doing, what a stupid dumb idiotic, assnine, stunt, I pulled when I was 19! Oh well, I learned my lesson, and paid the price. That is what I get for hanging out with the wrong people, when I was younger. And have been straight from then on. Anyway my mvr was okay to them. No big deal just a speeding ticket, and a no fault accident. All aside, I am supposed to call Dominos after 4pm today. And then I will know, that I officially will have the job, plus I am working overtime at my regular job on Friday. Can't go out, but oh well, financial and bills first, playtime later! It will be worth it in the end, and my Z will be roadworthy! Yeah oh yeah, kick major ***!!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:33 AM
Z8 driver

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Update again the ball is about to roll on down the path. I just got a call from Dominos yesterday, and I should be starting this Saturday! Just have to wait for human resources to okay a felony I did in '94. It should be allright, I mean Pizza Hut didn't seem to care about it, when I worked for them. So it shouldn't be any different. I just sat there and explained it to them. Which I hate doing, what a stupid dumb idiotic, assnine, stunt, I pulled when I was 19! Oh well, I learned my lesson, and paid the price. That is what I get for hanging out with the wrong people, when I was younger. And have been straight from then on. Anyway my mvr was okay to them. No big deal just a speeding ticket, and a no fault accident. All aside, I am supposed to call Dominos after 4pm today. And then I will know, that I officially will have the job, plus I am working overtime at my regular job on Friday. Can't go out, but oh well, financial and bills first, playtime later! It will be worth it in the end, and my Z will be roadworthy! Yeah oh yeah, kick major ***!!

WHAT???? Felony???? Dang Aaron, you rebel! What'd you do??? We don't hold it against ya by any means, you're the nicest Z-brother in the group

Hope everything at Domino's goes okay. what are you going to use as your Pizza Delivering car?? The Z??! That would be awesome when it gets up and running, I'd tip extra to a man (or even MORE to a chick) who delivered my pizza, driving a Z...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:21 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

No sorry bro', definately not my Z. I am not running him ragged! I am using my Celica for the pizza job. Less maintenance, and it can take more abuse. I plan on driving my Z to my regular job, and going out when I do. Of course, I used my '81 when I worked for Pizza Hut before. And by the way, thanks for the compliment man, I do try to be a nice brother! And help if I can, to other fellow Z people. And as for the felony, it is a long story. Wish I never did it, but I do have to move on. And I learned from it. And yeah I was rebellious in my teenage years. I have grown up since then, but I still collect toys!

Quick Reply: I have to stop my project for a while