280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

I have to stop my project for a while

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Bleach is my Hero

Damn I missed alot.. Hope it all works out bro.. remem, if you really need a job and wanna drive to the 51 and camelback I got that...
Old 08-25-2005, 11:37 AM

may i ask what the felony was?
Old 08-25-2005, 02:05 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

If he wanted to talk about it, he would have already told us. He's obviously embarassed by it, and I don't blame him. So let's let Aaron move on with his life. It's bad enough he has to explain it to every potential employer for the rest of his life.

Good luck man. I've been in a pretty bad financial spot before and it took a hell of a lot of work to get out of it with my shirt still on.

Think how easy it will be when you have no more debt. You won't have to make nearly as much money to live a decent lifestyle when you don't have to make those friggin' minimum credit card payments.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:34 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Thanks lww, I appreciate it, and I really do hate talking about my screwups in the past. I have told the story so many countless times. And my family was hurt, and dissapointed also. Especially growing up in a Christian home, and then a member, doing something really wrong. It sucks, anyway yeah I should be out of debt, in a short time. And I am in this position, all mainly because I put money into a car that just sits in the driveway. Nice expensive, driveway ornament. LOL! All aside, thanks everybody for the support and feedback. You guys are pretty cool in my book. It is like I have another family connection. And I will let you guys know, when I call this evening, if I definately got the job. Wish me luck, and God bless you all!!
Old 08-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Doesn't post much...

Good Luck WildMan!!!

Rod.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:37 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Thanks lww, I appreciate it.
No sweat man. I hate it when I do something stupid in public...
Old 08-25-2005, 11:04 PM
From NY to AZ

hey man there's nothing wrong with delivering in your Z. from my experience it got me quite a few extra tips, and some interesting stories from former Z owners. one time this woman who used to own one gave me $50 and made me promise i'd spend it on restoring the car
Old 08-25-2005, 11:55 PM

Damn I wish my delivery experience woulda been so kind. Of course I was delivering newspapers. I don't know if I've mentioned this but my Z is LOUD. And it has a full exhaust too. But anyways I had to use my Z because my other car crapped out and I guess after a couple of days the paper had gotten enough complaints to tell me that I either needed to find a different car or find a different job. What an ***. I fixed the Geo that afternoon. Hey a mans gotta make ends meet (and that was a second job too )
Old 08-26-2005, 03:07 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah I hear ya guys, and no I don't want to deliver with my Z. He is my toy, basically, I don't want to put a crapload of miles on him, in a short time. Anyway I called Dominos yesterday evening, and I am going to an interview this Saturday at 2pm. (Arizona time) Thank you everybody for your support, and I will let you know, when I am officially a pizza man!! Can't wait so stoked, and looking forward to being out of debt!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:13 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by 007max
hey man there's nothing wrong with delivering in your Z. from my experience it got me quite a few extra tips, and some interesting stories from former Z owners. one time this woman who used to own one gave me $50 and made me promise i'd spend it on restoring the car
That's dope man, wow what a lucky break! I think that is pretty cool man, that people like to see a Z delivering pizzas. Like I said, I delivered with my '81 before, but I was putting over 100 miles a day on him. And he started falling apart. But I don't want to drive my nice sportscar, and run the legs off him. He does have 193k, and is no spring chicken. Granted I will probably get another 100k or so. If I take care of him, which I will. Maintain him properly, and on time. I know the previous owner abused him really badly. And the interior was trashed, real bad. I have come a long way on getting him looking better than a car in a wrecking yard. Anyway not much more to say, just waiting until Saturday, to get the final word.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Z8 driver

That's awesome Aaron, I hope everything goes well. Heres to being Debt free

Bleach should make Pizza Delivery Driver as Wildman's Subname
Old 08-27-2005, 02:36 AM
From NY to AZ

Originally Posted by DynamicJ
That's awesome Aaron, I hope everything goes well. Heres to being Debt free

Bleach should make Pizza Delivery Driver as Wildman's Subname
hey thats no fair i was delivering pizza in my Z long before he was

Anyways best luck with your interview Wildman. If something doesn't go well there i can put in a good word for you at Papa John's up in Scottsdale. a bit of a drive for you but the tips are EXELENT
Old 08-27-2005, 03:11 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

That's cool man, thanks for the thought. I was just trying to find a weekend job, that was close to my house. It is only like a couple if miles or so. Scottsdale, it pretty friggin' far from me. I am in east Mesa, near Sossaman. That would be a hell of a drive. And with the subname, it was all Dynamic's idea. I just hope I am a pizza delivery man. I should be, I don't know why I wouldn't. Wish me luck everybody, and I will let you guys know, if I will be a pizza slinger!
Old 08-27-2005, 07:59 AM

A Z may be a sports car. But A Z that can be a daly driver. Rather then some Expensive sports car that you can only drive on sundays. Good luck with domino's. I knew a person who deliverd for Domino's, One day he went in a bad neghberhood. and came out with a few new round holes on his truck. He quit that day. funny story. But once again. Good Luck.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:22 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Update, I am officially a pizza delivery driver! I am starting next Saturday afternoon. I have 2 brand new shirts, and a hat, and a full map of the delivery areas. I can't wait, and will keep you guys posted. Thank you for all the support and comments. It really means a lot to me, that I have friends, that have got my back. Like I said, another family, online. That will help anyway they can. And I do what I can do to help also. My financial recovery, is starting to take shape. Within a couple of months I predict. I will be caught up, and my Z should be on the road. Yes, oh yeah!! Life is starting to look a lot better!!
Old 08-28-2005, 08:42 AM

Congratulations!
You know the best part about being a pizza man, well to me anyways, was after a while I knew the quickest way to get anywhere in town from anywhere in town. You learn a lot of roads you didn't know about with those delivery maps. Of course I lived in a pretty big area, I don't know what Mesa is like.

Well enjoy your new job and hopefully you Z will be back on the road again soon.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:04 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well guys it was a little rough my first 2 days. Getting familiar with looking at maps, and finding addresses. My luck I got stuck with mostly apartments. And they are a pain, especially at night! Anyway, I will resume next Saturday, and Sunday wish me luck guys. And I appreciate all the support!

On a side note: I should have more pics up on my cardomain page tomorrow or so. I might even put my Celica on there, so you guys can see my pizza car! But I have decided to strip apart my '81, and label bags, while putting the screw and or nuts bolts. To exactly where they go in the dash area. I took it apart so long ago, like the beginning of this year, I can't remember what goes where. So I am saving myself the trouble, and cheating with my '81. It will be a little time comsuming, but it will be faster to put my '82 back together, so I can take some more pics. I really do want to get him mostly together, so when the time comes to get him back on the road. He won't look like trash on the inside, and out. Anyway, I will keep you guys posted, and any comments or feedback is welcome!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:14 AM

good way to help learn is to study map on a lil free time. I might be starting a small job to pay for Z part's mowing grass on local golf course. the metal work i need done will cost the most. I got some rust spot's and a few holes (one the size of a base ball) on driver side floor pan. The batt box spread it's rust to the wheel wheal, so it has a hole now also.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:44 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well everybody my 2nd weekend went a little smoother, except for one delivery, where I almost threw in the towel. But my co-workers were verry supportive. And told me mistakes happen, and what they done before. So I felt a little better, that is the problem with me, is I have low self confidence and esteem. Because of all the crap I went through going through school. But I don't want to bring you guys down. On a happier note, I made almost $100 in tips in 2 days! Not too bad, plus my minimal pay. Every little bit helps, but I am putting the tip money to the side, specifically for my Z. Or if I need some quick cash for something that comes up. Kind of like rainy day money. But I want it mostly to go to my Z.

My next thing on the list, which I have tryed posting on here with no avail. Is get a fuel pressure regulator, then a battery. And take him out around the block again. And see if that was the problem. If not I am going to check my vaccum lines. And possibly get a new dizzy. Less than $200, not too bad. And then the NGK spark plugs, and wires, or the Moroso wires. Get my headers all cleaned up, and paint them with a high temp silver paint. I am going blue and silver from the inside out. Through and through, I am totally obsessed with those 2 colors. I swear they are the best 2 colors to put together. Especially on a Z! Anyway that is what is going on now. Will keep you guys posted as always, and of course feedback and comments are welcome!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:34 AM

It's good. Tip's seem to be good also, keep it up Z will be back on road in no time. I will have mine in the road shortly. My blue Z slung a piston rod on #3 piston while trying to crank it. Sad, I never got to hear her run. Goin to make my part's car the car to use. It run's, 2 seater, T-top's and a 5 speed. Just needs carpet. anyway's, good luck on youre Z.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:46 PM
From NY to AZ

hey man the key is not to take it too seriously. if you're gonna stress about some stupid mistake your second day of work you're gonna be a nervous wreck the day two other drivers don't come in, its raining, your wipers don't work, the windowa are fogging up in your car, and there's pissied of customers that have been waiting for their dinner for an hour and a half yelling at you like it all your fault!

after all its just pizza delivery

btw what happened if you don't mind sharing?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:23 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I'll tell you later, kind of a long story.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:39 PM

There's only one job in this country that should be taken seriously to a fault. And unfortunately, it's the one that never is:

Fry-Cook at the Krusty Krab.

Hey I got a two year old, cut me some slack.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:07 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

You let your 2 year old watch Sponge Bob?!

Are you freakin' nuts?!

That poor kid is gonna have a twisted sense of reality after that kind of audio/video abuse...

Last edited by lww; 09-17-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Doesn't post much...

SpongeBob Rocks!... Goofy Goober.

Rod.

Quick Reply: I have to stop my project for a while