280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Its an addiction

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:11 PM

Its an addiction

Well today i got my third but not my last Z towed home, A 1983 5 speed two seater N/A with 190 thousand on it (I have never owned one with these kind of low miles haha) I went to look at it yesterday all the way to the alabama border. Other than the rust on the body but has perfect floorpans and a hood being fubar. The interior black and in decent shape( best that i've owned), original working radio(i know i was wowed), perfect working digital dash, and a bunch of new parts and a pack of receipts that i counted over a few thousand a few years ago. The guy i bought it from owned a automotive shop or thats what he called it he said he couldn't get it run b/c fuel issue. Well when it got home i got it to fire on the first turn of the key within five minutes of putting in some new fusible links and a Spare ecu i had laying around as a paper weight hah. Ran perfect and reved flawlessly, Haven't driven yet, Now just going to do a little tune up, drain the tank, and do some body and rust work and slap on some paint (I still have over half of gallon of clear and base from my other Z)
I managed to get it for 400 with the 4 hour drive there and back tow from the guy )))))
Old 09-07-2009, 08:49 PM

dude. I hate you. i live in ms. and can't find crap in that kind of condition.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by FubarI33t
dude. I hate you. i live in ms. and can't find crap in that kind of condition.
Yeah theres been a few Z for sale here like on Craigslist for over 1000 dollars covered in rust, And i was going through Craigslist one night and found this one and jumped on it calling the guy within ten minutes of his posting. I originally just bought it for parts like the front and rear bumpers, side view mirror, one heatshield, and a few lights for my other 280zx but after getting it started that fast and hearing the engine i couldn't do that and now going to bring it back to life. Just a fender or two, a new hood and some body rust removal she'll be good to go.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:24 PM

care full. to many projects can distroy everything. and i'm in the same boat as you. 83 2+2 DD that's the project. that one alone can take 100% of my time. and still make no progress.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:35 PM

Well my other 280zx is pretty much entirely done everything mechanical is perfect the list is enormous of what has all been replaced and the money i've put into it, but just the rear hatch interior needs doing, windows tinting, and also the bumpers need covers. Its no longer considered a project in my eyes since the only work i've been doing to it recently is washing and waxing it hah oh wait I take that back i did put in some new rear brake pads a week ago
Old 09-07-2009, 09:47 PM

Plus it helps things go smoother and faster when you have a brother to help out with the crap like body work and paint. I can knockout everything mechanical and electrical. But this project will be all in my spare time and I'm in no rush to get it done. The only problem i have now is money, Its time for me to get a job again.