280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

JSK fuel rail all mine!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 05:36 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

JSK fuel rail all mine!

Hey I recently won that JSK fuel rail on E-bay for $99! Not a bad price considering they are difficult to find now. I am so stoked, but now I have a question.
Could somebody steer me in the right direction, on what kind of fuel pressure regulator to get how much and where? I would like to get an aftermarket metallic blue one or something like that. And also when I do get my one headache out of the way. (heatshield) I would like some pointers on how to install it on my Z. That would be real cool of you guys.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Bleach is my Hero

http://store.summitracing.com/ has a ton of FPR's..
Old 11-06-2005, 08:13 AM

Also try Jegs. Don't know much about them, but have heard of them...

CLICKY
Old 11-06-2005, 12:44 PM
The Evil Twin

stock regulator, blue spray paint!
Old 11-07-2005, 03:07 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay guys what would be the best price? And overall a regulator that will work best for the JSK rail? And I would like it a metallice blue. That would be sweet, but this is why I want to know what will work best for the price.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:23 AM

I sold mine to bleach for less than half that price, I got mine on ebay for $57.00 back in june
Old 11-08-2005, 08:18 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by VenomousZX
I sold mine to bleach for less than half that price
Thanks! It will be put to good use very soon.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bleach
Thanks! It will be put to good use very soon.
yer welcome, how about something for my trader rating eh?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:40 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well I got the fuel rail today, without the gauge, and hardware. Damn it, I sent it back with the UPS guy. And emailed the seller, man I am upset right now! I was really looking forward to getting that rail. So I told him, I want either another guage, and hardware sent with it. Or give me all my money including shipping. The tube it came in, was just wrapped with bubble wrap, and wasn't even taped at the ends! Poor packing job, and total bullshit!!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Doesn't post much...

Ya gotta love Ebay... Can you say "Negative Feedback"?

Rod.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:52 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well not yet, I am sure the seller will try and resolve this problem. I don't leave negative, unless the seller, is ****. He seems to be pretty cool.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:45 PM

I hope it works out. A lot of unsavory people on ebay. I'm sure maybe he just 'forgot' to pack that stuff in but then again, everybody's out to make a buc Either way I hope it works out for the better for you.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:13 PM
From NY to AZ

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Well I got the fuel rail today, without the gauge, and hardware. Damn it, I sent it back with the UPS guy. And emailed the seller, man I am upset right now! I was really looking forward to getting that rail. So I told him, I want either another guage, and hardware sent with it. Or give me all my money including shipping. The tube it came in, was just wrapped with bubble wrap, and wasn't even taped at the ends! Poor packing job, and total bullshit!!
that sounds exactly like the way mine was shipped to me. all the hardware was taped to the outside of the rail packaging in a little plastic bag, which seemed pretty halfass, but thankfully all the parts were there.

we probably bought from the same guy. who was the seller?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:23 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

'91 iroc I think is his username. He is now accusing me of making it up. Oh that burns me up inside.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:18 AM

Making it up? WTF is wrong with that guy. Like you're going to order an entire fuel rail so you can steal the hardware. Oh yeah that sounds like a good idea. If he doesn't send you back a new rail with all the hardware then you should definitely report him. Sounds to me like he was buttering you up for a scam. Ebay's got more than just negative feedback too. You can report him if he doesn't send your money back or a new rail w/everything. This is the reason I'm so leary about buying off of ebay. I try to shoot for a decent amount of feedback with very little neutral to negative. Too much feedback and it's hard to get a feel for them. Too little and you'd better start asking questions. So is he gonna do the right thing or is firm in saying you made it up? Whats his feedback say? Does he have any other feedback about him doing this?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Doesn't post much...

91 IROC huh?... Yeah, sounds like a typical run of the mill chevy drivin' bastage!!!! Go get 'em WildMan!

Rod.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:45 AM

Hello i bought a JSK fuel rail for 49.99 plus tax of a gental man out of new york if i remeber right all the parts were included , but the mounting brackets to mount the fuel rail to the stock locations i modafied 2 peaces of 5 inch long by one inch wide steel to make my own brackets made some 90* bends to both sides and works great the only bad news i have for the jsk fuel rail is that u have to have some type of tape or adhisvie to seal the screws in? why i say that is because i tried to use the fuel rail with out any teflon tape and i got bad bad fuel leaks , but still at high speeds the threads still leak.. any type of glue or adhisive ? u can use ?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:05 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay now I am pissed! The seller, emailed me back, and was telling me how much he paid for it. And what it cost him, and such. Wahh Wahh, I don't give a flying f#ck what he paid for it, and all that good ****! If he wanted more money for it, he should have put a reserve. He did a **** poor *** packing job, otherwise nothing would have fallen out! THis is total BULLSHIT! And then he also told me he moved to a different address, and I might not get the rail back! And told me I should have kept the rail, and filed a claim. WTF? Now what the hell do I do? I am getting burned over a hard earned $100. Do you think I could contact UPS, and try to get it back. I don't know if I have a tracking number and such. And how do I file that certain thing on e-bay? jfairladyz, since you suggested it. Anyway I am so pissed right now, I could spit nails, and railroad spikes! I was really looking forward to getting that rail, and now I might not have anything to show for the money I spent!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Doesn't post much...

Go on Ebay RIGHT NOW and nail that little fu*&er to the wall!!! That is total bullshit WildMan. This is exactly why I hate Ebay. No good sunsabitches.

Rod.

EDIT

Call the little Bastard first and let him know what your intentions are and that if he screws you, his Ebay days are done.

Last edited by RodMoyes; 11-11-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:46 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Call the little Bastard first and let him know what your intentions are and that if he screws you, his Ebay days are done.

Thas what I do... If I have more than 1 "iffy" email from the other ebayer, I request his demographics so I can contact him.

I had a guy back out of winning my 4Runner. Said he didn't really think he'd win it. I right away requested his info & spoke w/ him personally on the phone... too bad he was 1000 miles away from me.

is it this guy?
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS

I recognize the name, he's actually sold lots of Datsun goodies.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:08 PM
The Evil Twin

well, I think I would have hung onto the package and fuel rail myself while I contacted the seller. Sending it back is pretty risky... what's done is done
Old 11-11-2005, 01:28 PM

You're probably going to have a tough time with this one since he's got all good feedback. Ebay will definitely look into it as they have a reputation to keep but to get at him here it is. Click this link http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter...me=home:f:f:US then follow the directions. Keep any and all email transactions between the two of you. Especially the one where he says he moved and said you're **** out of luck. That's all evidence you can use. It's only a hundered bucks (only is in ebays eyes) so odds are the best you're going to get is him knocked off of ebay. I doubt any criminal actions would be taken over a small amount like that (again small is not in relation to how you see it but how ebay and the criminal justice system sees it). Do as Rod says and let him know you're reporting him to ebay and not just going to leave negative feedback. If he still refuses to come to a mutual agreement with you then file with the resolution center in the link above. Don't let that bastard get away with this one. The least he could do is give you your money back since you didn't get what you were supposed to. If anything was lost during shipment and you didn't have insurance then you might be SOL on getting anything but the rail mailed back to you
Old 11-12-2005, 02:45 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay I sent him another e-mail showing my rage and frustration. All done in a subtle but firm matter. Anyway here is his e-mail address if you guys want it. ds-z-4ever@sbcglobal.net I am going to e-bay right now, and get his user id. I don't think his feedback is perfect.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:50 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay I stand corrected Nismopick, it was '91iroc. And his feedback is perfect. But not for long, that is a gurantee. Little f#ckin' *****! Sorry for that, I am still pretty steamed right now, as I am smoking a cigarette!
Old 11-12-2005, 11:26 AM

Hey a cigarette sounds pretty good right about now.

Quick Reply: JSK fuel rail all mine!