280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Just not my time . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm a Registered User!

Originally Posted by apollo
2x no front plate
2x no tags
1x for making a left turn at a no left turn intersection despite the fact that every single intersetion on that MAJOR blvd has a no left turn from 8am-10am. Its the only one along the 7 mile stretch. I know. I drive that area every day for work. But the dike cop who needs her throat slit very slowly with a rusty blade wouldnt even hear me out.
well I take my statement back but don't sell it dude. Not now, just hang on man. What about the other car?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:08 PM

WTF? Dude, nobody knows more about money problems than me. I know how frustrating it is and how depressing it can be, try living under an overpass for a month. This **** will pass and it always gets worse before it gets better....but it WILL get better. Don't be in a rush for it to fix itself with the snap of a finger, it takes time to get on your feet. You can get a used bike for under $1,000 that will get you back and forth until you can fix the Z or get something better. Just don't let it bring you down like this, it's just a car and you could be worse off than you are. Good luck with what ever you decide to do........whenever I used to get in a bad way and would be down in the dumps I could always cheer myself up....how you ask? M A S T E R B A T I O N !!!!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Big Poppa

umm it sounds like whatever car you woulda been driving it woulda been the same outcome, and you look white, trust me. the race card doesnt really sound too feasable, you dont even have a accent (well an american one at least!!) if your gonna get a bike, what color flowers do ya like, just wanna send em to your grave. you may be a great rider, but its the other idiots id be concerned with. i like having steel around me.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Fellas . . .its not just the car. I really dont have the money to keep it up. I just dont. That along side with so many other things going on in my life -having the Z just doesnt work. Its too much time, effort and money. I cant stand driving it every day and not being able to keep going with the project due to the fact that it sucks up all spare money that would normaly be saved and stacked to make it better. I have other priorities like rent, food, and putting aside a little money when i can for another Z. Im not giving up on Zs. Just turning in my wings for now. Later on down the road i plan on buying a slicktop, goin crazy on the motor and doin some body mods that i have yet to see anywhere on an S130. I will return. But for now i really cant stick around cuz this **** makes me hella depressed. Ive poured my heart and soul in that car and ive been throuigh so much with it. its more a part of me than you guys know. I only hope it finds a good home and maybe i'll see it again some day. So for now . . .Adios and thank you guys for all your advice, help and inspiration. Peace.

-Apollo (Jake)
Old 07-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

daymn it jake...
Old 07-03-2007, 10:44 AM
The Evil Twin

well Jake, let me know if you ever change your cell number. I'll call the next time I'm heading down to California.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Big Poppa

keep in touch dude, just cause you dont have a z, dont mean you cant be here! and i tried to sell your car for ya to a new memeber on the forum.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:53 AM

Weak! Dude, I know it sucks being broke and always having to patch the Z back together, but just put it in storage until you can afford to do what cha wanna do to it. If you need cash, I'm looking for a l28e core and a good 5 speed. We've all been where you are with the beast, but it will pass. You just gotta think about how much worse off you could be, at least you're not into English cars!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Externally Wastegated

Best of luck to you Apollo, I hope things pan out for you and that you can come back with another Z here.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:37 AM
Euro Z King

Location: Utrecht The Netherlands where owning a car is a CRIME!!
Now he tells me when my container is just about full!! id buy it in a heartbeat for that $ is it drivable? i might consider a roro if you would be willing to drive it to port ?
Old 07-06-2007, 05:05 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Frank, you bloody scavenger!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Big Poppa

his car drives, buy it frank!! buy it!!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 PM

wait I thought Ldub was gonna buy it?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Big Poppa

hmmm sounds like a bidding war, pull out your checkbooks!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
dammit--why do these kids have their crises just when i go eyeball deep to a devil for my new home and get to either sign over or sell meself all me stuff.....damn, apollo----is there any way to be able to merely store the Z for now and take up with it again later?????? it seems so very terminal to sell the Z......i feel ya, sweetie.......
Old 07-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Ruff Ryder

apollo, if you still have your z by the time i sell my jeep i will buy it from you...
Old 07-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Still got the Z. I would totaly storage it people but the fact of the matter is i need a car to drive. I dont have the money to outright buy another car, i gotta sell the Z 1st. It sucks but i would rather it go to someone who can enjoy and take care of it the way it should be taken care of. As of right now i got a few interested people, mostly up for trade. A Mercedes 300D, a 1999 Mercury Cougar, and a Acura integra. Im leaning towards the Acura. But for now its all still tire-kickers.

Originally Posted by jmmorriso
If you need cash, I'm looking for a l28e core and a good 5 speed.
I still have my old complete L28 and tranny. Its still runs too, just kinda crappy. I think it needs a head rebuild or the just the seals. I dunno. Name your price and come get it. Its got your name allllll over it.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Über User

what about the 3kgt vr4? and i thought you already had a honda/acura.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Sold the 3kgtvr4 unfinished and i gave the accord to my sister. All i got now is the Z.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Über User

ooooo.... ouch. hope you made something off the VR4, shoulda finished it though, and go smack the sis. lol, get that crap back. no one just gives cars away. lol. anywho, good luck, hope things turn around quik once the Z is gone, or maybe before the Z is gone, that be even better.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:52 PM

DO NOT get a cougar! fords suck *** and those cars are almost impossible to get parts for. We waited almost 6 weeks for a headlight for one and had to pay over retail for it and it was damaged! Fords suck.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:11 PM

just because you don't have a Z dosen't mean you have to go away... hell i'm still looking for a z.... take an 84 mustang gt drop top?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:21 AM
From NY to AZ

Just put a front plate on it, you'll see how many times you get pulled over then. Here police look for any reason to pull you over. They'll pull you over for just about any minor traffic infraction if they see you don't have a front plate.

And whats wrong with the Z's gas mileage? I got like 30mpg driving on the interstate. Got from Daytona Beach to the Virginia state line on one tank. Running on fumes is fun
Old 07-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Well these past few weeks have been hell. I got so close to letting the Z go with a few people, it was torture. But now. . . . i get to keep her. Thanks to a very generous friend. I'm still going to take a lil vacation from the Z. Save some money, take care of my family and financial obligations, and come back when ive gotten over this huge hill in my life. Thats all. Just thought i would share my little glimpse of hope with everyone. I'll be back before you know it. And when i do come back . . . .the Z will be done. Top to bottom. Mechanical and bodywork.

Peace
-Apollo

Old 07-18-2007, 06:17 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

RIGHT ON MAN!!!!!!!!! way to go jake, great news.

Quick Reply: Just not my time . . .