280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

MSA '07... Same as the old boss...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Big Poppa

can you say canada trip to shady's spray booth?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:52 AM
The Evil Twin

it would need more than a spray booth at this point.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 PM

quick quesiton, would my car be "stock" or "mod" for the show?!?.. im not sure cause you know how they have the list.. and i didnt see the air damp on it.. so i put it as "mod" is that right?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by chinesekid
quick quesiton, would my car be "stock" or "mod" for the show?!?.. im not sure cause you know how they have the list.. and i didnt see the air damp on it.. so i put it as "mod" is that right?
It's "modded".
Old 04-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Big Poppa

who cares kid, were all parking together.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by SHADY280
who cares kid, were all parking together.
Woot Woot! Dats right!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:12 AM
The Evil Twin

according to their standards if you have just a front air dam it can still be considered stock. If you have an aftermarket rear bumper and/or sideskirts it falls into the modified category.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 AM

i was just wondering, and for sure where all park together...
Old 04-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Euro Z King

Location: Utrecht The Netherlands where owning a car is a CRIME!!
dayum ill be in a 260 ... haha had it modified last year ( stock car lol) and took 3rd place !! however i guess that had more to do with the autox they day before
Old 04-12-2007, 01:49 PM
The Evil Twin

Frank, I think it was due to your witty car show card you filled out. I got a good laugh at that.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Big Poppa

so in rods true fashon, my car has decided to be a pain. read aboot it in my gm part thread. good thing it did it now, not in a week. now its gonna be on my mind till i get back home. good thing were gonna be near a buncha good parts stores with lots of z car guys.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Doesn't post much...

^ Sucks dude, but you'll be OK.

To be quite honest, I'm pretty much "over" the whole Z thing. I'm tired of throwing money at a POS 27 year old car only to have it deteriorate before my very eyes with each passing day. Of course, there's the matter of people constantly banging their **** into/off of my car as well. There's also the little annoyances like replacing every conceivable part under the hood only to have it still run "shady" and idle like crap.

I pretty much just don't care anymore. I'm going to the show, but at the most, my car will get washed before hand (If I really feel up to it). After that, I'll decide what to do with it. Either way, I don't see myself putting another ton of money into it again. The guy at the paint/body shop slapped a little reality into my head a few weeks ago.

I've been working on this car for so long now, that the stuff I have already replaced is ready to be replaced again.. before I ever even got a chance to finish half of it. All those nifty front end parts and bushings are starting to fail again (Thanks to the big fat/wide tires), the body has gone to **** again, the interior barely got started...

I figure I'm looking at about 15K to get it the way I "Want" it, but I've already dumped that much and it's barely better off than it was when I got it... Aside from being shitty black VS. shitty gold, it's pretty much the same turd I over paid $2500 for back in January of 2003.

4 Trips to the body shop, countless "upgrades" that are all wearing out... I was supposed to have done a turbo swap by now, had the body kit on, the interior done... instead it's a dented, rusted, faded, shitty running, crap interior having jalopy with nice wheels on it.

I admire all of you guys that manage to keep the faith with these things. Like I said, I'm pretty much "over it".

This will most likely be it's final Z show appearance.

Rod.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:07 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Rod, now it's time to find a good donor and transfer all the fun parts to the new car!

Seriously, I totally feel for you. It's tough when you're trying to 'restore' your daily driver. Road rash is nearly impossible to avoid and every time you fix something, some dick-head in an SUUUV f's up something else.

I think the only reason I can tolerate it is I currently have no Z car that drives under it's own power! And even when one... or two of them do, they only get driven on weekends, at the track or to an event.

Keeps the road rash down and keeps the 'fun' from getting old. The fat Civic gets me to and from work every day and even fixes dinner for me once in awhile. But gettin' down with the mistress Z is a rare opportunity that still keeps my heart rate up when I think about her...

Remember how much more excited you were to see your girlfriend when you got back from a long trip? How much more you missed her while you were away? Remember how sick and tired of her you got when you were driving her every night and day?... Oops... that didn't come out quite right... but it gets the point across!

Do what Apollo did and get a beater Honda to drive in the San Diego rush hour traffic where you don't give a **** about door dings or a little hit and run. Then you can spend quality time finding the right car and take the time to do it right without your plans getting screwed by some dick head on the I-5 or on the way back from the WalMart.

P.S.
Did you ever receive an envelope from me?

Last edited by lww; 04-17-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

get a z32 rod!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by lww
Rod, now it's time to find a good donor and transfer all the fun parts to the new car!

Seriously, I totally feel for you. It's tough when you're trying to 'restore' your daily driver. Road rash is nearly impossible to avoid and every time you fix something, some dick-head in an SUUUV f's up something else.

I think the only reason I can tolerate it is I currently have no Z car that drives under it's own power! And even when one... or two of them do, they only get driven on weekends, at the track or to an event.

Keeps the road rash down and keeps the 'fun' from getting old. The fat Civic gets me to and from work every day and even fixes dinner for me once in awhile. But gettin' down with the mistress Z is a rare opportunity that still keeps my heart rate up when I think about her...

Remember how much more excited you were to see your girlfriend when you got back from a long trip? How much more you missed her while you were away? Remember how sick and tired of her you got when you were driving her every night and day?... Oops... that didn't come out quite right... but it gets the point across!

Do what Apollo did and get a beater Honda to drive in the San Diego rush hour traffic where you don't give a **** about door dings or a little hit and run. Then you can spend quality time finding the right car and take the time to do it right without your plans getting screwed by some dick head on the I-5 or on the way back from the WalMart.

P.S.
Did you ever receive an envelope from me?
I stopped driving it every day about 9 months ago, it mostly just sits now and gets dirty between short trips to the car wash and Starbucks. I drive the Company car or the family car the rest of the time.

Funny thing is, at first... When I would drive it after a few weeks away from it, it was fun and exciting. Now, when I get a chance to drive it, I just realize more and more what a flaming POS it is

Maybe another 9 months of occasional drives will motivate me to work on it some more, who knows...

On a side note... Yes I got the envelope!!!! Thanks a bunch!

I got one from Florida too!

Thanks.

Rod.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:44 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Damn, I didn't realize you were getting the one from Florida... send mine back! I have a new car that needs a set of stickers!

When I thought they had blown out the window when my wife got back from driving the white 240Z, I ordered a set made up and sent to you from Florida.

Then it took him so long to finish them, in the meantime, while stripping down the white 240Z, I found them under the carpet behind the passenger seat so I dropped them in the mail to you!

Too funny. When it rains it pours dude!

Like I said, don't work yourself up over a car that's been through the wringer. Keep your eyes out and find one of those great desert cars with no rust and start fresh. Now that it's not a daily driver anymore, you'll have a much better chance of making it to the end of the marathon. Maybe a little break before you dive back in is a good idea too...
Old 04-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Big Poppa

the only thing is, i got 1400 miles to get to msa, and 1400 miles back again. if ot dies i stay there till its done. and hope i dont get stuck.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 AM
The Good Twin

Yeah... I pulled the Z out to go for a spin last night.... oh... I smell gas... that's weird... turns out my 27 year old fuel line right after the damper decides to crack. Good thing that didn't happen on my way to MSA.

Speaking of which.... I got my registration papers for MSA the other day.... anyone else?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Speaking of which.... I got my registration papers for MSA the other day.... anyone else?
What do you mean by "papers"?

Did they SEND you something???

I registered a LONG time ago and they haven't sent me anything but an email thanking me for my 30 bucks...

Rod.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:41 AM
The Good Twin

It was a registration form w/ hand written info & two pages of maps.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:16 AM

yea i got the papers last week or two ago too... telling you what you registor for and the schedule events... the "registration confirmation" papers
Old 04-18-2007, 10:52 AM
The Evil Twin

I got my papers. I'm legal!

I also took the Z for a spin last night. Got some groceries. Its doing well as usual. I think I've had an unusually reliable Z. Its had issues but not much considering my ownership of over 10 years and 100K miles.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:26 AM

Well listening to you all making your plans for the show has me even more bummed out.

I can't get away from work. I'm sure Shady wouldn't have minded the company.

Lots of updates, please. Let us less fortunate ones know how it all went
Old 04-19-2007, 06:38 AM
Big Poppa

hey zedzilla answer your phone!!! im fixed so far, so it appears im back in. read how it was fixed in my alternator thread. i wouldnt have minded a passanger either. just phone in "sick" cough cough!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by NismoPick
It was a registration form w/ hand written info & two pages of maps.
So, you guys are serious about this then right???

I got nothin'... nothin' but a confirmation email.

I registered on February 2nd. I haven't heard from them since then.

The scasriest part is, the two guys who say they got stuff in the mail live no less than 2 states away (or no fewer than 72 different Counties) from MSA while I'm just down the freeway.

WTF?

I think I'll call them and see what's the skinny.

Rod.

Quick Reply: MSA '07... Same as the old boss...