280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:47 PM

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks, both for the comments I’ve received and the information available here. I recently bought a 1982 ZX in great shape, this means it was garaged during its lifetime and has almost no rust. However any car that is 25 years old is bound to have a couple of issues. Mine was a frozen parking brake and no turn signals. I didn’t even consider a dysfunctional power antenna or lack of radio lights to be a problem on this old of a car! The serious issue was no signals; digging through past posts gave enough hints to run it down; sort of makes you feel good when the previous owner’s mechanics couldn’t find it! I ended up going through the combination switch and removing corrosion that killed the circuits, after that I had to open and repair the hazard switch (found out it stopped the signals on an old post). All this would have been impossible without a factory manual for testing the circuits, (found a downloadable copy on an old post). The bonus that was unexpected was after this, the original power antenna was up and functioning (it must have tied into the circuit) and after hitting the switch on the radio for the antenna I now have lights on the radio! Now I can move on to making the cruise control actually work (though I’ll never use it)!
Thanks again, Bruce
Old 09-20-2007, 06:58 PM
The Good Twin

w00t! ZDriver rocks!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:08 PM

Thanks NismoPick, your comment about the hazard switch being off or on sent me looking in that direction.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:35 PM

Bruce, I can't tell you how many times these guys (and gals) have bailed my *** out of a bind!

When it comes time for me to do some serious mods, I'm sure they will come to the rescue once more.