280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Ticked Off

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 03:06 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Tell that guy to p#ss off! And a few other words, and if he tries to tow it, or does start towing it. You can get him for GTA, it is your car. He is just blowing smoke at you. Tell him to go F$ck himself. That is my 2 cents, nobody is taking my car away. Unless one, they have my permission. Or two, they take it from my cold dead fingers.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:32 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

agreed. tell him to go **** up a rope. homeowners ASSociations are usually a bunch of BS. bunch of ****** with nothing better to do. arent you allowed to perform maintinence on your car? if you see this jackass working on his car, go tell him that his car is inoperable at the moment and must be towed.

Last edited by entropy31; 04-12-2006 at 03:35 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:37 AM

Sons of bitches! Most of the time when the home owners association says they are going to take your car or the city or whatever, it is usually because a nosey neighbor, grouchy, jealous or whatever has made some phone calls because they have nothing better to do then mess with other peoples lives insted of worrying about theirs and minding their own business. I have seen these calls made and they usually go like.." yes I have a complaint, there is an old car just sitting in the driveway and I never see it move and it is a big eye sore for the neighborhood......" If you can believe it, an old neighbor of mine made a call like that on my 1967 Ford Fairlane and I over heard her in her back yard which was fenced in. I knew somebody would be coming by eventually and sure as hell sometime in the future I caught some *** putting a sticker on my car so I hauled *** outside to confront him, at this point the car was dirty and looked like it may not run.

I ask the guy what he was doing and he gave me some crap about having a non functioning vehicle in the yard and about towing it so I told him to hold on a sec, I got in the car, started it up, put it in drive and power broke it right in my front yard and at this point did not care about tearing up the grass. The main reason I did that is because his newer looking Ford Escape was right behind me parked in the street. I heard some pebbles hitting the side of it. I had to pay $1,300 for his paint and about $600 in probation and court cost.....the judge said that I had anger issues and that I needed to get them under control and of course I got smart and said if you don't want to see me mad don't tresspass in my yard. That is when he thought probation would be a good idea in addition to fixing the guys paint.

From what I understand here in Florida if the vehicle is not functioning then it needs to be under a cover or out of view of the public and is ok to have in the yard or driveway..I don't know how different it is in other places but they don't like to tell you these things when they tag your car because they can make money from it from towing fees and storage fees or from selling the vehicle....Find out if covering it will be ok with them.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:00 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

Dude! You have "anger" issues! I love it! I absolutely refuse to ever live in a place with a Home "Owners" ASSociation.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:40 PM

LOL thxone your rock dude !!! But on a honest note thats why i own my own house if any body says anything about my cars i flip them a bird ! and if they come back with the law... i hand the law my attorneys card and slam the door shut =-)
Old 04-12-2006, 03:18 PM

I've got a wrecked Z, a seriously messed up civic, a non running $10,000 Talon TSI, my non running Z, and a non running 240sx in my backyard/garage nobody has said **** yet
Old 04-12-2006, 03:36 PM
The Evil Twin

I don't even want to talk about whats in my backyard... I just don't have time to clean it up right now.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:26 PM

I know it was my neighbor that called them. It had to be. You can't hardly even see the car from the street. You can barely see the *** end cause it's up steep drive. But from the neighbors driveway you can see our entire property. We're allowed to perform maintanence here but the vehicle isn't allowed to be inoperable (according to HOA anyways). The exterior is completely intact too. Well I busted *** all day yesterday and today getting my car back together. I'm all ready to go except I forgot to have my Dad pick up oil So I can't try to start it yet. I also think I'm out of gas so he's going to have to get me some gas too. Then we'll see how well the swap went.

But they're not towing my car. It's not going to happen. During the day I'm out at the car and can hear anyone pull up if I'm in the house. At night I've got another car parked behind it. Anybody know if they're allowed to move one car to get to another? My guess is no, but my wife want's a little reassurance cause it's her car blocking mine. I'm only really worried about it happening while I'm sleeping. I'm just waiting for my crossmember to get here so I can hook the steering up and then my dad can take it down to get registered and what not. Then they can't F with it and I can stop worrying about it. I've put too much time and been through too much **** in this car for some ******** to come along and F all that up for me
Old 04-12-2006, 06:18 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

If you can park her car at a funky angle, on a steep drive that should make it pretty tough for them to tow and if they try to put her car on dollies to move it, it'll slide sideways if your drive is steep enough.

Did you talk to your HOA and tell them you're allowed to do maintenance and that's what you're doing? If you get it registered, that should quash most of their complaint, but it's always better if it moves under it's own power...
Old 04-12-2006, 07:41 PM

When all else fails like it was discused under the car audio stuff, if they want it bad enought they will get it so make it as hard for them as possible to take. They don't care if they break your stuff getting it either so if it is going to get messed up let it be your way! A pair of log chains will do with some big hooks, weld those puppies under the car and find a really large tractor like a big 'Ol John Deer and weld the other end of the chains to it...this should make them re-think trying to get your stuff.......but to get a little serious, yes I would park another vehicle behind it and make sure they cannot get to your Z from either side. If they mess with your other car in any way I am sure you have grounds for some civil action...also if they decide to knock on your door because you blocked the car make them give you a court order to let them take the car, in the time it takes them to do that you should have it running, this "should" buy you some time, then you can hide it anywhere you like..there are holes in every system, find them and use them...they will.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:44 PM

As of tommorrow it will move under it's own power. I just wont have any way of controlling what direction it moves in. As long as I can fend them off til my crossmember gets here it'll be cool. Cause then it can be taken in for smog and registration and insurance.

Plus there is the fact that this is a violation towing. Not a repossesion. I dont see the tow company making too big of an effort trying to pull a car off my property just cause the HOA doesn't like it there. If this was some company trying to Repo my car then I'd REALLY be worried.

Last edited by jfairladyz; 04-12-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:08 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Agreed. Hopefully, they won't be that motivated to take it. This is where the effort involved in getting it is going to be a determining factor in how much effort they exert.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:58 PM

My dad made a suggestion: Get one of those locking car covers. He said if the car's covered then how are they supposed to identify it? And if the cover is locked then they can't remove it to see what kind of car it is.

It makes sense to me. He even offered to get the cover for me. It couldn't hurt
Old 04-12-2006, 10:22 PM

I would think that leaving the car locked with the hand brake engauged and the transmission in gear would be enough to keep them from taking it unless they plan on using a flatbed wrecker. If they were to break the window to get in one could only assume they're in some kind of violation.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:31 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

pull off the wheels and stick it on blocks. cars dont tow too good without wheels. sure, it makes it look even more inoperable, but hey, what are they gonna do abot it?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:39 PM

Put it on blocks and put a cover over it. That way the tow truck cant tow it away and HOA wont know its on blocks
Old 04-13-2006, 05:51 PM

Well she's running. Not great, but running. I've still go to set the initial timing and TPS. She idles fine but wont take any input from the gas pedal. I'll figure it out tomorrow. I also had to hardwire the fuel pump straight to the battery cause it wasn't getting any juice. I still have to wire in my new pump and relay so that problem will be fixed then.Other than that it's only some minor wiring issues with the interior lights due to incompatible harness'. Oh and I've got no exhaust after the o2 pipe. So she's a loud bitch.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Big Poppa

they will just drag it like junk if it doesnt have wheels, there ignorant, if there gonna take, keep it in one piece. the car cover sounds like a good idea.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:27 PM

Well they didn't show up at all today. I was outside with the Z all day touching things up. My distributor was tooth off on the cam gear so I had to clock the oil pump shaft a little and now I've got my timing spot on. But my battery is now completely dead. It's a pretty old battery though so it's time was coming anyways. It would lose it's charge after leaving the lights on for just a short time without the car running so I knew it was going. The only thing I've got left to do is to install the new fuel pump. I've still got the NA in there so I could just get her started. And I'm still waiting on my crossmember. I got my free headlight covers today courtesy of one of our ZDriver bretheren. I'll probably install those tomorrow or the next day along with my ZDriver decals. I've got a car parked behind the Z right now so I'm not really worried about them getting to it. Like I said, it's not a repo so I dont see the tow company getting too involved. Especially in this neighborhood
Old 04-17-2006, 07:09 PM

And I thought I had problems. First on the turbo cracks, did you take it to a machine shop to see if it can be fixed? Second, I presume the engine is out? If so it will be easier to drill out the bolt for the oil pump, and you know that to do the job right it has to be done. I hate when I get a car that someone has jerry rigged the fix and then I have to work extra hard to fix it. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:49 PM

I had a couple people look at the turbo after someone on here suggested it wasn't that big of a deal and it turns out that is indeed not a big deal. In fact, from what I'm told, the crack is no where near big enough to cause any problems and that I could run that turbo with an even larger crack. So I'm going with that turbo for now. The engine is actually in the car and is now fully operable except for the battery being dead due to my stupidity (I had a shop light hooked up to it and I left it on all day and night. In my defense I had been working on the car all night until the sun came up and so I was unaware the light was even still on ).

As for the oil pump bolt: I was rapping on the oil pump with a hammer and it cracked in two After that, I just cut the stuck part of the oil pump off with a dremel and got a new pump. The broken bolt came out by hand once I cut the oil pump off of it.

I do appreciate the tips though This parts car and this engine in general have had some hack work to them. I had to pull a lot of parts off my NA to complete the swap. So the engine is running (still needs to be timed). I still need to install a steering system too.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Doesn't post much...

That's good news about the turbo. keep pluggin' away man.

Rod.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:01 PM

I'm jealous
Old 04-18-2006, 09:09 PM

Well the tow truck made it's weekly rounds today and it just cruised right on by my house. They come by on a weekly basis looking for the orange tow stickers. I guess by removing the sticker that was basically all's I needed to do It was accompanied by 2 HOA vehicles too. The didn't stop in front of the house or nothing.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

sweet. that guy is probably more talk than anything. just dont leave your house for too long i guess.

Quick Reply: Ticked Off