280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

un-be-leev-able...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 03:06 PM
Coming to understand "Z"

un-be-leev-able...

Alright i duno how many of you read about the crystal guard post in the detaling forum?? Well i did. I was skeptical. Anyways Crystal Guard (cg) replaces wax. It works to bring out your gloss and color while protecting your paint just like the good ol' carnuba. CG uses no waxes, it uses glass. It literally leaves a layer of glass fibers over your paint and realllly brings out the shine and color. It is harder iron (mineral harness scale) and so dust and stuff that gets on your car wont scratch when rubbed on your paint. 60% less dust accually sticks to the car. Water beads off your finish better than rainx and the coating goes over paint windows, everything. I dumped a glass of water on the side of my car to test it and it all just fell of, nothing left on the car. It lasts 4-6 mos. Protects from UV damage and road chemicals. Makes washing your car a breezzzze. Plus its super easy, it works like those new spray on waxes that you use after you wash your car. like this...remove all existing waxes from your paint (i used meguires deep crystal paint cleaner and polish), wash your car like normal (use dawn dish soap or something similar to remove any residues), rinse as normal, while wet spray a little cg all over the car (it takes almost none...a couple sprays per panel), smear around with a microfiber cloth (you can one from cg for like $25 or you can go to wal-mart and get 5 for $3.99), rinse that stuff off and dry as normal. Immediatley you will see a huge increase in gloss as well as bringing out the true color of your paint. They say results appear after 1 day of curing. After drying i was amazed....the next day i was blown away. Read more about it here Crystal Guard. But it here at the Online Shop. It may seem pricey at $20 for only 2.75 oz but that 2.75 oz goes a long way 2-4 applications (definently 4 on a lil Z). That and it blows away any wax ive ever used, lasts longer, shines better, looks better and only adds 5min to yor carwash! You can use it on anything too, like wheels. Brake dust just doesnt stick to it. You can use it on your dash for the gloss and uv protection. Check out these pics of it on my car. This i a week after i did it: TheeZ@Cardomain. After the first 2 pics.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:49 PM

wowo shizznit that looks so damn fine ill have to order some when i get my paintjob done
Old 09-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Coming to understand "Z"

NO JOKE! you will love it! i cant get too great of a pic up seeing as how dont have a digicam. I have to take reg pictures then scan em, the reformat them to jpeg and all that mess ruins the quality. But honestly i can see each individual pine needle in the pine tree's reflection on my car. My paint takes on the color of its surroundings. Its craaazzzeeey
Old 09-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Coming to understand "Z"

Whoa!!! you from calpoly, im ther now!!! Im a freshmen...just moved in! Email me jonluk_7@hotmail.com, or come by im in muir 229. ill add your aim handle. BTW ive got 160K later!

PS wish i was sellin it!

Last edited by TheeZ; 09-23-2003 at 03:44 PM.