280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

upholstry finishers

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
eff good grammar

upholstry finishers

is there any where i can order more of the plastic screw and plastic upholstry clips?

the upholstry clips that are plastic on one side and go through the pannels to hold them up and the funky hollow plastic thumb screws that are in the back of the car.

and does any one have a pic of their car with them in?
mine never had them all so i dont how what goes where.
i would get them from the junkyard but none of the cars there have usable interiors or they've already been stripped
Old 01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Über User

my local body shop carries them. so check yours if you got one (its like a paint and body shop that SELL stuff not does like work or anything)

if no one else has any help i can always pick some up for yah.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:06 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama
is there any where i can order more of the plastic screw and plastic upholstry clips?

the upholstry clips that are plastic on one side and go through the pannels to hold them up and the funky hollow plastic thumb screws that are in the back of the car.

and does any one have a pic of their car with them in?
mine never had them all so i dont how what goes where.
i would get them from the junkyard but none of the cars there have usable interiors or they've already been stripped
Which specific panels, do you need these clips and screws for? I might be able to steer you in the right direction. I got a majority of mine new on ebay.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:15 PM
eff good grammar

all the rear pannels plus some finishers that go on the pannel right behind the headliner with that funky vent, theres 2 type there, 2x screw covers with 3 tabs and 2x upholstry finishers that go through the pannel into the body of the car. plus extras because they seem to be dissappearing (the vent pannel ones keep dissappearing)
Old 01-30-2008, 07:22 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama
all the rear pannels plus some finishers that go on the pannel right behind the headliner with that funky vent, theres 2 type there, 2x screw covers with 3 tabs and 2x upholstry finishers that go through the pannel into the body of the car. plus extras because they seem to be dissappearing (the vent pannel ones keep dissappearing)
Okay I am still a little confused. Do you have a 2 seater or a 2 + 2? I know the 2 +2 's have more space. And different kinds of panels.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Über User

post pictures of each type you need. lol. that will help. i think i know at least one of the connectors your talking about.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:42 PM
eff good grammar

well that was interesting, i come back to check on the tread and all hell broke loose.

any way i'll try and post some pics, and its a 2+2
i can post pics of some because some are completely missing