280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

where do these go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 02:26 PM

where do these go?

I got two vaccume lines that are buggin the fck out of me. I have been looking at the diagram's. But they suck do to 5speed vaccume lines are diffrent then auto. And they only have 1 diagram, and don't tell you if it's an auto or 5speed. All it says is 83 diagram. the two are:
83 2+2 auto
1: on air intake there are three large lines. one goes to valve cover. one to some lil saucer thing strait across from #4 fuel injector. right in the middle of the first two, down on the side, there is the smaller of the three, but bigger then normal vaccume line. where the hell does it go. It's just sittin ther not connected to nothin.

Other line is a longin, with three split's Only thing with three in under the metal part of air intake, and it runs to a white thing with two bottom vaccume connects on the right od Distrebutor. so whats up here?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:49 PM

This is one of the reasons I didn't get an 83. All those views and not a single answer. Why? Cause nobody has one Got any pics of the second setup you're talking about? As for the top one you mentioned, I have no idea. My intake only has two large lines coming from it. And the only other setup I've looked at had only one large line coming from the intake boot. I've never seen one with 3. Must be an 83 thing.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:01 PM

mabe Bleach will know or will take a pic of his 83 turbo ....it is most likely Rotting away in his back yard bleach you better get to work or iam going to make you bring that turbo zx back up here I COULD PUT IT RIGHT IN THE THE BLACK NO FUSS NO MUSS
Old 09-16-2005, 09:12 PM

I can get pic's in the morning