280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Wiring harness repair kit - eliminate your electrical gremlins!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Über User

Originally Posted by FricFrac
Lol we've been at par or above for years now
How dare you sir! P.s. getting paypal in a min. So check it in like ten
Old 01-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Check PM

FricFrac

You have PM

JM
Old 01-14-2012, 05:29 AM

Check PM

FricFrac

You have PM
Old 01-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Über User

First!!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:05 PM

Hey man, I just got some ev 1's from the junkyard for my injectors, think you could put something together for my for the AFM, TPS, etc.

-Rich
Old 01-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Originally Posted by Dassan80z
Hey man, I just got some ev 1's from the junkyard for my injectors, think you could put something together for my for the AFM, TPS, etc.

-Rich
Definatley able to do custom configuration. I know there are lots of guys who have replaced the EV1 connectors but can't find the TPS or AFM connector. Just let me know what you need. I'm assuming TPS, AFM and three EV1 for idle air, etc? Need pigtails?
Old 01-21-2012, 08:23 PM

Fricfrac - got my connector kit today

Your package came today, no delay at the border.

Double packed for protection.

The quality of these AMP connectors are ideal.

The small bag of spare pins and thier rubber seals were it the kit also.

Small diameter heat shrink tubes in a small bag.

Nine EV-1 the TPS and AFM shells AMP style.

Thank you for asking me if I wanted the pigtails pre soldered. That will speed the installation.

As far as asking for an improvement to the kit? Two 3 inch long large diameter

heat shrink tubing would be nice.

I'm very pleased with the kit.

Regards, John
Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 PM

I received my kit today [I guess I know what I am doing after work tomorrow ].

I am very pleased with the quality of the connectors and the kit as a whole down to the packaging.

The addition of heat shrink tubing, as described above would be helpful, but not required.

Well done!

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 01-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Awesome glad you guys are happy with the kits. Just curious what you would like for extra heat shrink - two 3 inch pieces - big enough to slip over the AFM boot?
Old 01-25-2012, 05:27 PM

Just ordered my kit. I'm sure I will be thrilled with it. I just wanted to throw out also that FricFrac is one hell of a nice guy... I'm new here and when dealing with people he doesn't really know, he has been more than generous with his knowledge, with putting this kit together, and with turn around on a product he made for the Z community. Wanted to post a thank you. So here it is: THANK YOU!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Happy to help out and give back in a small way to the Z car community. I'm a HUGE Z car fan so its nice to be able to contribute in some small way. The kits have been a huge hit and I'm almost out already. I'll order more connectors so we can keep everyone that wants them supplied

BTW Boosalmi you kit was hand crafted with loving care last night and shipped out today. Thank you for your kind words but it really is the community here that makes this the best S130 forum going and a big part of that is NismoPick who has been the glue and S130 encyclopedia here.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Über User

Got all mine. The quick release and rubber inlays are awesome. Plus he took the time to make pig tails n assembled them properly knowing I had a turbo setup. Sick!!!

Only 2 things I was wouldnt call negative just kinda like Hmmmmm.... The first is the package had French all over it n the metric system. Lol jkjkjk. But seriously though I'm stoke about the pig tails, I kinda wished hiya used 4 diff colored wires for the afm instead of 1black n 3yellow. No bigger. Obviously Ill have no issues due to that, but im slightly **** at times with weird things like that
Old 01-26-2012, 05:52 AM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
Got all mine. The quick release and rubber inlays are awesome. Plus he took the time to make pig tails n assembled them properly knowing I had a turbo setup. Sick!!!

Only 2 things I was wouldnt call negative just kinda like Hmmmmm.... The first is the package had French all over it n the metric system. Lol jkjkjk. But seriously though I'm stoke about the pig tails, I kinda wished hiya used 4 diff colored wires for the afm instead of 1black n 3yellow. No bigger. Obviously Ill have no issues due to that, but im slightly **** at times with weird things like that
I used black and yellow since the wires on the AFM are black and yellow/black, yellow/red and yellow/blue. It's no problem using different coloured wires if that's your preference just let me know AHEAD of time ;P Thanks for the feedback. I really want to make this kit as optimal as it can be for everyone. That's why I added the option for the pig tails and heat shrink. The pig tails are a pain and time consuming but it's not a huge deal for me and it makes it a lot easier if you are just starting out soldering. The heat shrink is really nice as the meltable inner jacket won't run like the meltable glue type and it's about three time thicker and much more rugged than normal heat shrink.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Über User

Oh no its great you did a sick job. I just found that kinda funny lol.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Lol I was just ribbing you a bit. I do want whatever feedback on the kits I can get so I can tweek them. Positive is good because people will know they are worth getting. Negative is good too so we can adjust to what everyone needs. Now someone reading through the thread will say "Hey! I want Pink, Fuscia, Baby Blue and Purple pig tails like Snwbrderpat540!" and the option will be there for them :P
Old 01-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Über User

Haha, just didn't want you to think I didn't appreciate the work and product
Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 PM

Crimpers

For anyone that has trouble finding the right crimpers like I did, can get them at http://www.digikey.com/ for $33.75. Everywhere else was around $50.00. Part # Molex 63811-1000
Old 01-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Right on - those are the exact one's I'm using
Old 02-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Thanks for the intrest guys. The kits have been a smashing sucess and everyone has been really happy with them. I just have a couple of kits left so I'm ordering in more connectors to make some more kits up. I'll also order in some connectors for the Z31 injectors and MAF so for those of you with the Z31 ECU/Dizzy swap I'll have new connector kits for the S130/Z31 guys as well. Thanks for all the feedback!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Originally Posted by JSM
Anything for the 300zx in your searching?
I've ordered in parts for a Z31 kit....
Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 PM

The Digi-Key crimp tool arrived today. Now its really time to get to work!

Snwbrderpat540- I know what you mean about the French. I almost refused the package...
j/k glad to hear the kit is 'flying off the shelf'
Old 02-09-2012, 12:49 PM

wiring harness

This post is for Fric Frac,Hello, first time user. Actually to any forum. Inherited an 82 zx 2+2 from my Dad. Just had distributor replaced and car was running pretty well. Ocassional drop in RPM while idling. Then today running really rough. Moved EFI wiring around a little and it definitely changed the RPM's, in fact seemed to run smoother if I held one of them just right. I think I may need one of your wiring harness kits. I am sure there is a fair amount of corrosion as the car sat on the west coast of Oregon for a number of years. I know next to nothing about car engines, but willing to learn. Not sure how to go about ordering a set from you. Thanks for your reply, Chris
Old 02-09-2012, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by greeley82zx
This post is for Fric Frac,Hello, first time user. Actually to any forum. Inherited an 82 zx 2+2 from my Dad. Just had distributor replaced and car was running pretty well. Ocassional drop in RPM while idling. Then today running really rough. Moved EFI wiring around a little and it definitely changed the RPM's, in fact seemed to run smoother if I held one of them just right. I think I may need one of your wiring harness kits. I am sure there is a fair amount of corrosion as the car sat on the west coast of Oregon for a number of years. I know next to nothing about car engines, but willing to learn. Not sure how to go about ordering a set from you. Thanks for your reply, Chris
^ Believe me when I say the kit is well worth the cost. PM FricFrac to order. Or, he will be checking this thread and will see your inquiry.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bandaid280
^ Believe me when I say the kit is well worth the cost. PM FricFrac to order. Or, he will be checking this thread and will see your inquiry.
Thanks for that info. Trying to learn the ins and outs of the forum. Stupid question time...how do you PM someone? Been looking but do not see that link anywhere.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by greeley82zx
Thanks for that info. Trying to learn the ins and outs of the forum. Stupid question time...how do you PM someone? Been looking but do not see that link anywhere.
One way you can do it is to click FricFrac's username, which will bring you to his profile. Then, directly underneath his profile picture you will see a send message link. Click that, then select "Send a Private Message to FricFrac".

Quick Reply: Wiring harness repair kit - eliminate your electrical gremlins!