280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

ZX Car Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006 | 10:26 AM
The Evil Twin

hyralics so you can do a 3 wheel stand...
Old 04-07-2006 | 10:28 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Bleach
hyralics so you can do a 3 wheel stand...
Then he'd be Snoop Dogg
Old 04-09-2006 | 06:41 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by Bleach
Get some wire wheels on that whip!
Dude, that's not funny... not funny at all... I saw a chocolate brown 280zx the other day with 100 spoke "Daytons" on it that stuck 3 inches out of the fender wells. It looked like Mr. Hankey riding a ten speed. I have seen a couple of others with spoke wheels too and they always make me want to kick somebody's ***

It's like what Kurt Russell said about red sashes in the movie "Tombstone"... "I see a red sash, I kill the man wearing it..."

Yeah, that's me and Daytons on a Z!

Rod.
Old 04-09-2006 | 11:31 AM
Big Poppa

hey my nickname is shady like eminem, i could cruise with you and we could make a group called d-12. oh wait that sounds dumb. i had a buddy with a impalla done with real knock offs, it suited it. but not on a zed
Old 04-09-2006 | 12:24 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

not d12, z12!!!!lol. really though, daytons and hydraulics should never be near a z. i saw a z31 once in SD that had the little golf cart sized wire-spoke wheels that stuck out 4 inches from the fender well, and they had lowered it improperly so it had a TON of negative ccamber in the back. i swear, the thing even had the little dealy-***** across the top of the windshield. arrrrgh.
Old 04-09-2006 | 12:53 PM
NisTuner

One good plus about Ohio. All the old Zs that are still going around here are ones owned by people who take care of them. All the people who would have been able to crap a Z up like that would have had theirs rusted out long ago, cus they're more worried about pimping their ride rather than maintaining their ride.
Old 04-09-2006 | 11:38 PM

Dub Duece!!

I was thinking of puting some 22 inch spinners on my 280 and some lime green metal flake paint and put some swirls in it with plastic wrap before it dries, then some hot pink neon under it and make sure you can still see the bulbs...maybe some clothes hangers so they drop low enough to see. I think some purple dice hangin from the mirror would set it off! Maybe a velour roof too but I am torn on the color. I think I still have a sparkomatic power booster to run my Kraco 4 inch speakers.....I will finish it all off with a 12 inch tips on my 1 inch mufflers.

I have seen the ugliest car today, very close to what I just described...what are some people thinking??? The kid may have been 17 years old and did this to a SS Monte Carlo...I wanted to hit his car with my ex girlfriend but I think she digs that kind of stuff. Man I hope I never see a Z done up like that.
Old 04-10-2006 | 12:56 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

haha, i saw an integra with a bodykit, that green and purple colorchange paint, big bronze color wheels, and the coup de gras, TWO big *** fartcans. must have been carrying a spare, cause i know one wasnt hooked up to anything . oh yeah, he of course had his hat sideways, and just HAD to rev at me at a stoplight. well, i'm sure you all can guess the results, one more ricer putz telling his friends "dood, i almost had this 300 today but on of my stickers fell off".
Old 04-10-2006 | 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by entropy31
well, i'm sure you all can guess the results, one more ricer putz telling his friends "dood, i almost had this 300 today but one of my stickers fell off".
now thats funny
Old 05-11-2006 | 05:39 AM

i'm wondering if anyone here owns a Z32 and can help me with putting my power cable from engine to the inside?

thanks in adv.
Old 05-11-2006 | 07:35 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by dalostcambo
i'm wondering if anyone here owns a Z32 and can help me with putting my power cable from engine to the inside?

thanks in adv.
Well... this is the 280zx forum, but there are a couple 280zx owners that own a Z32. OR.... You could try the Z32 section: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-forums-7/
Old 05-11-2006 | 12:08 PM

For the Z32 guy

I can suggest two things, one: find a gromet or hole already in the firewall and run it through that. 2: drill a new hole and put a gromet on that and run the wire through...plan ahead and use the right size wire and you can always try drilling from the inside of the car outward if you have a lack of space under the hood.
Old 05-11-2006 | 02:55 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by dalostcambo

thanks in adv.
Passenger side floor board... pull back the carpet, remove the wooden cover plate for the ECU... There's a perfect pass-through gromet right above the ECU to put your amp wires through.

Rod.
Old 05-12-2006 | 06:22 PM

thanks for the feedback and sorry about posting in the wrong forum. i did a search and this popped up..
Old 05-30-2006 | 01:01 AM

Single 12inch Sub box

I have decided to remove the spare tire and jack to make room for a single 12 inch sub in an MDF and fiberglass enclosure were the factory tire cover panel is. When it is all done it will be covered in black vinyl and the sub amp will be hidden behind the enclosure with hidden vents and forced cooling. The box will be secured with the spare tire screw from inside the box to keep it secure in the care for safety and to twart thieves. I am going to try and match the weight of the tire and jack as close as I can with the sub, amp and box. When all the kinks are worked out and I have a box that looks factory and functions as it should I will be more than happy to make some for those who are interested complete with installation instructions...at a fair price of course. I know MTX and JL Audio make car specific boxes, but nothing for us earlier ZX drivers, but the ones they do make are expensive....that's why I like to build boxes..no middle men. Anyway here is sort of what it will look like angled slightly at the rear hatch glass...of course it will look way better than that.

Old 05-30-2006 | 07:11 AM
Big Poppa

hey thxone, can you make me one that sits on the left, and blends into the car, and doesnt stick out further than the hatch lip, and so the speaker cant be seen if it get covered with fabric. i wanna put a 10" mtx there, just dont like woodwork, tends to fall apart of me, or not be square, im all thumbs when it comes to custom wood. lol
Old 05-30-2006 | 07:12 AM

shady make a fiberglass enclosure...
Old 05-30-2006 | 07:13 AM
Big Poppa

hows that work, hows it hold in the boom, it doesnt crack?
Old 05-30-2006 | 07:23 AM

no it doesnt crack...you still do one side or more in mdf...but mould the rest with fiberglass....depends what boom you are looking for will depend on how you build the fiberglass...usualy a cloth mat is used to provide more rigidity in between the layers.
Old 05-30-2006 | 12:46 PM

Thats true, The only reason I use MDF is for the speaker mounting ring and sometimes to help form a frame and add rigidity if there are some flat spans. I thought about building an enclosure on that side but I wanted to hide my amp so the spare tire side was my choice. I am sure I will have some extra fiberglass and wood so I don't see a problem making a second box, in fact thats a good idea. Do you already have the MTX sub? if so what model number is it? What color interior do you have or would you like to cover it yourself? It's going to be a while before I can start the fiberglass stuff so it will give me time to prep.
Old 05-30-2006 | 12:58 PM

there's a Red(factory paint) 280ZX T-Top Orig Owner, 68,000 miles and Bra on front. in perfect condition. no cracks in dash. Orig sterio and speaker's workin flawlessly. 5 speed trany. Motor Factory Stock and runing strong. 2,500$. Wish i had 2,500$
Old 05-30-2006 | 02:27 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by FubarI33t
there's a Red(factory paint) 280ZX T-Top Orig Owner, 68,000 miles and Bra on front. in perfect condition. no cracks in dash. Orig sterio and speaker's workin flawlessly. 5 speed trany. Motor Factory Stock and runing strong. 2,500$. Wish i had 2,500$
I have a customer with a Gold 1980 2+2 in really great condition that he want's to sell... Not sure how it's related to "ZX Car Audio", but I just wanted to fit in

I'm pretty sure it also has the original stereo in it and it's still working somehow.

I'd buy the car if it weren't a 2+2 and an Automatic...

Rod.
Old 05-30-2006 | 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
I'd buy the car if it weren't a 2+2 and an Automatic...

Rod.
Wouldn't we all
Old 05-30-2006 | 10:39 PM
Big Poppa

my amp is under that foam in the rear, i just cut out the excess out and left the top of the panel, so you cant see it. it doesnt ever over heat either somehow, i never really push it that hard anyway
Old 06-12-2006 | 11:35 PM

Talking Got my old school tape deck!!

Well my sister got me a tape deck and CD changer for my birthday. I had pointed it out to her like 5 months ago, she said she bought it like a week later for me. It is an old Sony full logic tape deck with changer controls and D-Bass. The changer is a 10 disc changer. The reason I wanted it is 2 fold, 1 the display is green, and two not a whole lot of people want to steal a tape deck. It is a detatchable face though. The changer will easily tuck into the glove box so no exsposed anything. Now I will located those little green covers for my dash bulbs to match the Sony and I will be good. Stage one complete...now onto the speakers and amps...oh joy!

Quick Reply: ZX Car Audio?