300ZX (Z31) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

custom ac controls

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 12:24 PM

custom ac controls

been awhile since i posted over here, figured i'd post up some progress pics

went to the JY a couple of weeks ago and picked up a few (6) ac units, and took bits and peices (some were black faced w/ green or orange lighting, etc)

heres the stock one (silver w/ green lighting)

heres the new one (black face, orange (soon to be red) buttons and clock, blue lettering and LCD)

(the LCD has been changed since that pic, its now the reverse of that (black background blue display) found that one in a Z with 'wood' panel display)

also the green climate down button is now red
Old 11-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Opinionated

damn thats pretty sweet i wish i had one of those, i just have the regular analogue crap o.0
Old 11-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Doesn't post much...

Hey SanMarcos! You ought to bring that car into Esco one of these nights for one of our Z car meets.

Rod.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Hey SanMarcos! You ought to bring that car into Esco one of these nights for one of our Z car meets.

Rod.
send me a PM with details and i'm down for it, lol
Old 11-07-2005, 02:26 PM

Wow. That looks really nice. I really would like to try something like that. Honestly, I didn't even know until I saw those pictures you posted but my climate control lights hardly work at all haha. I've only been driving my Z for about a year now and I still am learning alot about cars in general. I suppose I'll have to pick up some AC units from my local parts yard too . Would be able to tell me about how much those cost you? (just curious).
Old 11-07-2005, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by JDsmash
Wow. That looks really nice. I really would like to try something like that. Honestly, I didn't even know until I saw those pictures you posted but my climate control lights hardly work at all haha. I've only been driving my Z for about a year now and I still am learning alot about cars in general. I suppose I'll have to pick up some AC units from my local parts yard too . Would be able to tell me about how much those cost you? (just curious).
well depends, do you own any pants with very large deep baggy pockets? lol

if u want to know how to do something with the AC unit ask me i'm pretty sure i know, i have 7 of them now and know my way around them quite well, i have a stockpile of bulbs for them also

but the ones that i did buy cost me about $20 each
Old 11-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Opinionated

Originally Posted by SanMarcosZfreak
well depends, do you own any pants with very large deep baggy pockets? lol

if u want to know how to do something with the AC unit ask me i'm pretty sure i know, i have 7 of them now and know my way around them quite well, i have a stockpile of bulbs for them also

but the ones that i did buy cost me about $20 each
would u build and sell them
Old 11-07-2005, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by 86zMan
would u build and sell them
depends on what youwant, i have 2 fully assembled AC units, and 5 spare display sections, options are limited as i have yet to find a company with the LEDs needed to finish mine, they current only have red and yellow for the display (buttons and LCD), the blue comes from 3 side bulbs not located in the unit itself, but the lighting for the buttons and LCD and the hard part, my LCD is very dark right now, and its not to cost effective for me to do red unless i can get some more people interested, but yes i could build and sell, and offer a core depoist if u send me your old one when you get a new one
Old 11-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Opinionated

depends on what youwant, i have 2 fully assembled AC units, and 5 spare display sections, options are limited as i have yet to find a company with the LEDs needed to finish mine, they current only have red and yellow for the display (buttons and LCD), the blue comes from 3 side bulbs not located in the unit itself, but the lighting for the buttons and LCD and the hard part, my LCD is very dark right now, and its not to cost effective for me to do red unless i can get some more people interested, but yes i could build and sell, and offer a core depoist if u send me your old one when you get a new one
Would i be able to just plug in the Digital AC unit to where the old Analoge one hooked up, and i need yellow. What would be full price on one of these babys
Old 11-07-2005, 04:43 PM

Would i be able to just plug in the Digital AC unit to where the old Analoge one hooked up, and i need yellow. What would be full price on one of these babys
nah you can't jsut swap the analog for a digi, i could try to get an analog one and figure out how to change the colors, but that would take more time, if you want i'd be more then happy to, one of my friends with an analog needs me to figure it out
Old 11-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Opinionated

nah you can't jsut swap the analog for a digi, i could try to get an analog one and figure out how to change the colors, but that would take more time, if you want i'd be more then happy to, one of my friends with an analog needs me to figure it out
yeah that could be cool, my interior is going to be all yellow on black so id like the AC thing to go along with it if you could figure out how i could mail you mine and work out a price.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:12 PM

yeah that could be cool, my interior is going to be all yellow on black so id like the AC thing to go along with it if you could figure out how i could mail you mine and work out a price.
will do i'll get to the junkyard ASAP and snag one and figure out how
Old 11-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Opinionated

will do i'll get to the junkyard ASAP and snag one and figure out how
you have any idea how much it would cost for you to do it?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:24 PM

you have any idea how much it would cost for you to do it?
not yet need to find out what size LEDs i need, etc but i'll find out asap
Old 11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Opinionated

not yet need to find out what size LEDs i need, etc but i'll find out asap
alright cool