300ZX (Z31) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

What's in there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 09:15 AM

What's in there?

While digging around the back of my recently aquired first Z, looking at rust spots and how extensive they are.. I realized that the trunk has a left compartment with a lock. Not the side containing the spare...

The lock is not in it, it was buried beneather the floormats, and try as I might, I just can't seem to get the panel open.

What's in there, do I need to get at it, and how the heck do I get that panel off without the lock?
Old 01-01-2006, 01:54 PM

nothing came in there, but check for dead babies.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:31 PM

no funny smells.. perhaps a stash of cash or jewels? As long as it's empty I won't jimmy it open then. Just glue the lock back on and pretend it's mint
Old 01-02-2006, 08:57 PM

It's just another compartment. I keep a set of jumper cables and a rain suit in there.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:12 PM

Bwahahahhahahaahaa you are all wrong!!!! I am in germany, I have 2 1986 nissan 300zx. The european models came with a air pump instead of the chemicals to air up the tire. I ganked it from that z and now it chills in my american one. Just setting the facts straight
Old 01-11-2006, 02:15 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by WolfMan
Bwahahahhahahaahaa you are all wrong!!!! I am in germany, I have 2 1986 nissan 300zx. The european models came with a air pump instead of the chemicals to air up the tire. I ganked it from that z and now it chills in my american one. Just setting the facts straight
Now that's some good info! Damn those Euro models that get an air pump while we in America must use a goofy can!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:19 PM

You know, I have the goofy can.. any good stuff I can do with it. I am thinking in prospects of a rocket or somethin
Old 01-11-2006, 07:00 PM

Well, either way.. I just discovered it it possible to smush a bottle of tireslime and a pump into that mysterious spot.. so now I can use the spare tire compartment for extra storage... or a custom subwoofer....
Old 01-12-2006, 10:12 AM

umm, watch out with the slim, some companies wont fix your tire if the slime is in it due to the Big mess, plus it makes your rim really nasty.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:48 AM

umm, watch out with the slim, some companies wont fix your tire if the slime is in it due to the Big mess, plus it makes your rim really nasty.

spare rims my man... spare rims.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:06 PM

still got to replace them dont ya, and if I am not mistaken..everything cost money now and days..
Old 01-21-2006, 03:05 AM

Actually, the euro models came with the air pump in the spare tire as well. NOTHING CAME IN THE COMPARTMENT.

PS: You're "bwahahahaa" is getting stupid.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:42 AM

wrong!!!

it did not come in the same compartment as the spare tire
in fact, the only thing that was in there is the tire itself, if you noticed they made a place for everything, like the little tire changing kit under the carpet, and did yours come with a tools pouch? I found that in there also, in that compartment, I found a airpump and a little bag that was leather and said nissan on it. so, I once again state, Bwhahaha, I am right, and you are wrong

later

ps, you dont have to act like your are uptight, you seem pretty cool the other times I talked to you

Last edited by WolfMan; 01-21-2006 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:32 PM

wrong!!!

it did not come in the same compartment as the spare tire
in fact, the only thing that was in there is the tire itself, if you noticed they made a place for everything, like the little tire changing kit under the carpet, and did yours come with a tools pouch? I found that in there also, in that compartment, I found a airpump and a little bag that was leather and said nissan on it. so, I once again state, Bwhahaha, I am right, and you are wrong

later

ps, you dont have to act like your are uptight, you seem pretty cool the other times I talked to you
There's a strap in the spare tire area that should hold either the air canister or the pump in place to keep it from rattling around.

Did you buy your Z31 new, or are you just guessing the previous owner didn't move anything?
Old 01-21-2006, 05:16 PM

Canister

According to the owners manual. The canister/pump is in the spare tire compartment attached with a strap.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:18 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum
PS: You're "bwahahahaa" is getting stupid.
agreed. and i wonder why the euros got a pump (regardless of where it was stored) vice the crappy air can? seems like they got all the cool little stuff. every time i watch top gear, i wish i lived in europe, just for the cars they get that we dont.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by entropy31
agreed. and i wonder why the euros got a pump (regardless of where it was stored) vice the crappy air can? seems like they got all the cool little stuff. every time i watch top gear, i wish i lived in europe, just for the cars they get that we dont.
Don't forget ABS and more power. Hosers.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:34 AM

well thats weird, Mine does not have a strap, and the original owner was a pilot and never drove it that much, and the owner before that was an old lady that did not even know where the stuff was. so if I am wrong my bad, but seriously, there are no straps in the spare tire area, ps, how many of you own a euro model? Just curious.

And there does not seem to be that much more power if any, I did run times and there is a small difference between the two. All I know is that the euro model came with a cooler for the diff and one for the power steering.

ps. EUROPE SUX, imagine weather like -1*C and having to jump into your car, start it up and just drive off. Because it is illeagle to have your car running idle for more than 4 min. and to top all that off, you cant do any maint. in your own garage, and no hard labor on sunday, so forget about mowing the lawn, and washing your car, wait, thats illeagle too!!!! The only thing that is cool, is seeing these little station wagons flying past you at almost 200mph, because I was going 155 mph, then this car passes me like I am sitting still....IT WAS A STATION WAGON...tears.

Last edited by WolfMan; 01-22-2006 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:21 AM

It's a rubber strap that conects on the spare tire. It can easily be lost or misplaced.