300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

alarm!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Ruined By Spudz

Well I've noticed on my Z if the window is partially down and you reach in through the door to unlock it, an alarm will go off. The way to stop it is to put your key in the outside unlock and lock it then unlock it...I don't know if thats what you are talking about but it works on mine..
Old 05-28-2004, 09:23 PM

1st thing is to find out what type/model of>

alarm it is. Try asking the previous owners or look for receipts (often left in glovebox).

Otherwise it is the old rip out some of the underdash drivers side and look for a suspicious black box (usually size of a cigarette pack?). It will look "out of place". If there are no markings on it- usually not - then take it to a local auto alarm store and get their opinion.

cheers
Old 05-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Originally Posted by zed4life
Otherwise it is the old rip out some of the underdash drivers side and look for a suspicious black box (usually size of a cigarette pack?). It will look "out of place". If there are no markings on it- usually not - then take it to a local auto alarm store and get their opinion.

cheers

Do you guys drive on the other side of the road in Austrailia? Cuz if so, the ECU and other electronics are on the Passenger side on our cars here in the U.S. Just a little correction.

Actually it'll be marked. it'll say CONT-ASSY THEFT WARNING. The alarm box will be rather small. About 3x3 inches with a blue relay attached to the side of it. It'll be facing the ECU, so you'll see the back of it first. Two screws and undo the relay and it's removed.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:57 PM

How do you know it will be called>

Originally Posted by rizzspeed
Do you guys drive on the other side of the road in Austrailia? Cuz if so, the ECU and other electronics are on the Passenger side on our cars here in the U.S. Just a little correction.

Actually it'll be marked. it'll say CONT-ASSY THEFT WARNING. The alarm box will be rather small. About 3x3 inches with a blue relay attached to the side of it. It'll be facing the ECU, so you'll see the back of it first. Two screws and undo the relay and it's removed.

CONT-ASSY THEFT WARNING? Is that a standard alarm on all zeds in USA?
Old 05-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

As far as I know yeah. It'll have a that label on it followed by some numbers below.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:09 AM

Sounds a bit weak if all the thief needs >

Originally Posted by rizzspeed
As far as I know yeah. It'll have a that label on it followed by some numbers below.
to do is look for that box. I assume most people supplement it with stronger security measures
Old 06-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Tough Guy

Same. Unlock throu window, beep beep.

I went to the dealership they told me that this car didnt have a factory alarm system. But i have the fuse thing and the fuses in it. And IT HAS AN ALARM!! How would I go about getting a remote for the old Box Mobile.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:47 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

Originally Posted by domsgarage
How would I go about getting a remote for the old Box Mobile.
as far as I know, only the 95's and 96's had keyless entry from the factory. Maybe 94's....don't quote me. But 95+ for sure.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:06 PM

you are right Rizz.... 94+ had it as well i can't believe a dealership said you didn't have it.... thats a good sign NOT to take your Z back there