300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

thinking about going back to the original yellow

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Pr0n Addict

thinking about going back to the original yellow

i don't think i'll have time or money before i get out of school to do a complete color change on the Z, so i'm allowing the yellow to grow on me and thinking about leaving the jams the original color and returning the outside to the same. i'm not sure how many shades there were of the yellow on the Z, but if it's the metalic one that was on my car originally, it won't be that. i'm thinking the color of jverz car.

opinions? how bad is yellow on this car? gay? decent?

i'm sure it's just personal preference, but after having the car so long, i guess i'm kinda used to half way defending yellow, but saying i don't like it at the same time. so somebody decide for me!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Über User

get a good pick of the original color on the jams im interested to take a peek
Old 04-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Pr0n Addict

will do. i've never taken pics of the jams. i'll see if i can get a spot clean enough to show the real color. the next step of the painting plan would be to buff the jams and parts of the engine bay to get the original paint looking good.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Pr0n Addict

and there it is. it's pretty faded though, and i still never have cleaned the jams very well. i can't tell if it's pearl or what, but i'll be looking up the code eventually.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Political n00b crusher

Nothing wrong about yellow! I say do it.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Obsessive Craigslist Disorder

ok kas i know a guy here in az we call him mellow yellow

go to this site and search "mellow yellow"

projectz32.com
Old 05-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Über User

i like that original yellow, the one you got on the exterior is WAY to pale. looks like a sick bird
Old 05-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Pr0n Addict

lol yeah i'm not much for it. i don't like yellow to begin with, especially not the one on there. i guess i'll do it if i run into a bit of money and time. which i doubt lately... we'll see what happens when my parents find out my grades....
Old 05-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Über User

what are your grades? can't be much worse than mine, im on the border of A/B for 2 classes A in one class and on the border of C/D for two classes, though one should be a sure C. the other, i gotta pull a 90 on the final... bleh!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Political n00b crusher

Well it depends on the shade of yellow. My 240Z was originally a lime yellow color, I call it "golf ball green"......hence, that's why she is painted red.

My truck is "screaming yellow" which is pretty cool though.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Pr0n Addict

my grades are f-ing terrible. and really it's nothing but laziness that caused it. but i changed my major anyway. ME to CG. should be much easier. my next semester is statistics, intro to crim just., sociology, and an easy history class. if my parents let me come back... which they should. they aren't really paying for this ****. they help me out when i'm broke and that's as far as they are in it. pretty ghey. i wouldn't have kids if i didn't know i could put them through college.

anyway, with the yellow, the original yellow looks like just pure yellow. not a shade to it. looks just like jverz's car as far as i can tell. of any yellow, it would be my preference.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:01 PM
The Good Twin

As they say... C's get degrees. All you need is a C to pass the class, unless you're going into the medical field or law, no one cares about GPA.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Über User

true ^^^^ sorta... i am a pilot, they do hold some standards. lol. and D's are a passing grade actually, its just below average. i've gotten 2 so far! all because of attendance, yup, thats right, im in college and they have required attendance, miss 3 classes get dropped a grade. i thought they weren't serious. i learned that some are pretty quikly....
Old 05-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Pr0n Addict

haha wow. well in my school, when studying engineering, d's aren't really passing. you can't go to the next level of the class without a c or above. and that doesn't count c-. i don't think my new major is like that. i know the police won't care what my gpa was. they are usually happy to see you even went to college. but no, my grades aren't bad because they are c's... they are bad because i just failed pre-calc for the third time. i'll be getting a d at best in chem part 1, with this being the second time i've taken it. i got a d in my cad class, which is an easy a. i slept through the midterm. and my grade in c+ will be an f unless there is a curve. so of 4 classes i took, i'll get 2 f's, and 2 d's. it's pathetic. people would say that i've been spending too much time partying or whatever, but i haven't been out to have fun all semester. i went to that car show. that's all. all i do is read about cars.... seriously. hours and hours a day. it's the only thing that doesn't put me to sleep. if college doesn't work out, i'm going to do military then try to slowly work up to running a small car restoration business. but i think college will work out. i'm changing from the schools very hardest major to one of the easiest. no more calc **** and only one more science class i think. i'll get to take spanish and lots of psyc and stuff. very easy stuff.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Über User

hmmm... yeah thats like, aweful bro. ME is VERY VERY demanding, if you cant pass pre-calc in highschool you should even attempt it. sorry to break that to you. ****, my buddy that went into ME passed throgh AP calc i think in HS before going into college and still complains about the high level math courses he has to take. you were in over your head for that major. however, the other classes, i doubt you partied to much, you probably just got sloppy lazy and procrastinate to much with the new found freedom away from home. while it didnt relate into partying, it related into doing what you always wanted to, sleeping and relaxing without people up your *** hole (i.e. parents) thats why i chose not to live on campus. im hoping to graduate on teh deans list over all right now i got a 2.9 cumulative, and if i can pull a 2.8 or better this semester (which im desperately attempting but should hopefully do it) my GPA wont drop, and possibly raise if i pull a 3.0 im shooting for. then have my senior year of all aviation classes with the exception of an ethics class (easy) and supervisory management (also hear was easy) im knocking out next semester i should pull A's and B's all year.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Pr0n Addict

yeah right about there. except i passed pre-calc in high school with a d, but they made me do it again. if i spent a bit of time working in the class it wouldn't be a problem. i just haven't. dumb. i think an easier major will be well suited because my usual thing is to spend one long day doing school work each week. occasionally two. that doesn't cut it for this major.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Über User

you got a D in HS pre-calc and attempted ME? lol. there's certain things that no matter how hard you apply yourself, its just isn't going to work out, in that instance... yeah... i got a B in pre-calc with out trying very much in HS and im not goin for ME haha. F that. i had one semester of math and thats it in college.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Pr0n Addict

yeah that's the way i'm going now. i know it would have been fine if i did try a little more, it's just with all the other engineering classes, i didn't have time to try more.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Tough Guy

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
i like that original yellow, the one you got on the exterior is WAY to pale. looks like a sick bird
Yes.

That stock yellow color is one of my favorite color options for the z32.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Pr0n Addict

hmm. the only colors i don't like better than the yellow are the brown and the purple.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Über User

purple is a cool color if done right.

theres a red SX thats local that i really like the color of. here it is:

i never thought i'd like a shade of red as much as this....

but i decided, if i were to get a Z32 i would make it white, teh really really white color, make sure the front center bar on the fascia is the black it should be not the grey it fades to then i was thinking gold or bronz wheels, then i recently got an idea of a high gloss black center with gold lips

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 05-04-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Pr0n Addict

white is my preference too. it will be a long time though before i'll have time and money to do a job with jams and the engine bay and everything. so that's why i'm settling for the original yellow.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 PM
The Good Twin

Snw, got any other pics of that S14? I really like that color... looks like a candy red.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Tough Guy

As far as white goes. Id just stab (im sorry in advance) Canyon Carver in the face and steal his white slick top.

I think its by far one of the nicest Z's on this site.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Pr0n Addict

i wouldn't say by far. zlover and canyon carver are pretty close. and we haven't seen that dick's z up very close. at least i haven't. what's his name. high tech redneck.

Quick Reply: thinking about going back to the original yellow