300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

Trunk accessories

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:08 AM

Trunk accessories

Just purchased a 93 z32 (non turbo 2+2 T-Top) there are some items next to the spare tire in the trunk that are a mystery to me. I thought they went to the T-Tops some how but am unsure. Nothing in the owners manual about them. Any of you experienced enthusiasts now what they are for? There are 4 peices total and 2 have a big suction cup on them.

Your info is greatly appreciated.

Dave
Old 08-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Snazzy Title

hehe the old headlight adjusters strike again
Old 08-10-2006, 11:28 AM

Hoped it was something else

I was hoping it was something a bit cooler, like maybe bose speaker replacement adapters to put real speakers in the system. In all seriousness, I put a new Deck in the car and was all ready to replace all the speakers (because somebody told me the Bose speakers wouldn't sound good or work at all, if I put another deck in). I just want to be the first to say, the bose speaker system works just fine with JVC KD-AVX2 deck. There is no issue with the amplifiers connected to the speakers being a problem.

Thanks for breaking me into the Z... I feel like the "NEW FISH".
Old 08-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Snazzy Title

WARNING:

Those speakers I do believe operate at 1ohm which means it'll kill your head unit after a while, I would highly suggest buying new speaker that are rated at 4ohm, you are going to probably burn up your HU very soon.

Originally Posted by Dave Hamby
I was hoping it was something a bit cooler, like maybe bose speaker replacement adapters to put real speakers in the system. In all seriousness, I put a new Deck in the car and was all ready to replace all the speakers (because somebody told me the Bose speakers wouldn't sound good or work at all, if I put another deck in). I just want to be the first to say, the bose speaker system works just fine with JVC KD-AVX2 deck. There is no issue with the amplifiers connected to the speakers being a problem.

Thanks for breaking me into the Z... I feel like the "NEW FISH".
Old 08-10-2006, 06:19 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i have had my alpine hooked to my stock bose speakers for quite a while. sounds ok, and nothing has burned up. i used one of these. crutchfield sent it free when i ordered my alpine, as well as a diversity antenna adapter. works fine 'till i decide i want to rip the bose out and replace them with real speakers.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Snazzy Title

If you have that adapter yes, then you are fine.

Originally Posted by entropy31
i have had my alpine hooked to my stock bose speakers for quite a while. sounds ok, and nothing has burned up. i used one of these. crutchfield sent it free when i ordered my alpine, as well as a diversity antenna adapter. works fine 'till i decide i want to rip the bose out and replace them with real speakers.