300ZX (Z32) Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis for the 90-96 300ZX

Spl

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:41 PM

Spl

I have heard great things about this company in the 240 arena and have read some good things as far as their Z products. I was just wondering what you guys thought about SPL products. More specifically, their suspension products. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:00 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

looking at coilovers joe? me too. but i think i might just go with the eibach/kyb setup. i dont REALLY need coilovers, but it would be nice.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:37 AM

i just got a set...

of coilovers, they are very similar to D2s, but from a seperate company called K-sport, if someone could tell me how to post pics on this forum id gladly show them off, they work well, i have mine set to somewhere inbetween the sport/cruise settings on the stock TT, probably more closer to the sport. I also put in poly bushings and went up to bigger tires/rims at the same time so i can't tell you exactly how they feel compared to stock cause i know the other stuff i did changed the overall feel. I can tell you this, they were 920$ for the set, rebuilds cost 100$ per shock/strut when the time comes for that. My car has just under 400 hp to the rear wheels and after i put those coilovers in and the poly bushings wheel hop on take off is completely gone. Also the handling is noticably better than stock. i only dropped the car about 3/4ths of an inch from stock. my one problem is big bumps, the ones that you can go over in your stock car without much thought have become somewhat painful and bone jaring...maybe im just getting soft as i get older but if you live where the roads are much less than ideal in your daily driving and you go with a stiffer suspension set up your kidneys will feel it the morning after a long drive.