↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
]

Please contact us by E-mail.
(私達にEメールでご連絡下さい。)

Email:
Regards,

TAKANOYA Co., Ltd.
URL:

Last edited by entropy31; 01-14-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:50 AM

looks like SPAM! :P
Old 01-14-2008, 01:06 AM
eff good grammar

he right though, parts and cars are freakin cheap.
i went over there with basicly pocket change and i coulda bought a mid 90's impreza, better condition than most here but it probally needed work to pass inspection which is spendy and why theres so many cheap cars and parts.

it was something like 45,000 yen and i had roughly 1,250,000 yen but who knows i didnt stop to look, it may not have had an engine or it was blown or some other thing wrong with it (not sure on laws about needing specifics to sell), it was ona lot.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
The Evil Twin

looks like he sells cars on Yahoo! Auctions in Japan. Shipping would be killer.

He also says that they do not inspect any items they sell and offer no refund.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
eff good grammar

imagine that, its not their responsibility to inspect the cars being shipped to a different country for their auto laws, the person who is reciving the car or parts needs to make arrangments him self for something like that
Old 01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Über User

here's the problem i have. you know jap cars are hard to ship in and legalize only because of safety right? i know theres other stuff but teh hardest part is the safety regs that need to be met. and why? because they want crash test results. BUT. you can EAZILY legalize a freakin kit car for our roads. so WTF is up with that. im going to ship over a skyline in parts, re-assemble it, and call it a kit car.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama
he right though, parts and cars are freakin cheap.
i went over there with basicly pocket change and i coulda bought a mid 90's impreza, better condition than most here but it probally needed work to pass inspection which is spendy and why theres so many cheap cars and parts.

it was something like 45,000 yen and i had roughly 1,250,000 yen but who knows i didnt stop to look, it may not have had an engine or it was blown or some other thing wrong with it (not sure on laws about needing specifics to sell), it was ona lot.
An Impressa for ~$450? Did you see this car at a junkyard? BTW the JDM used car market is not regulated by sringent laws. If you buy a lemon, well your fault, you bought a lemon. I personally used to, every weekend, go to used car shops and try to barder down the selling price of the car. Usually i was able to talk them down around $1000 off the advertised price.

Parts and cars in Japan are cheap. Why? I say the main reason is the cost to own/insure the vehicle. Not only do they pay insurance just as we in the states; they pay a parking fee to park their car whether it be next to their house or in their garage (not every city); They have to register their vehicle annualy and the fee is based on the displacement of the engine (more or less a road tax); They have a bi-annual inspection called JCI Inspection (japanese Compulsory Insurance) where your vehicle is checked for emissions compliance, illegal modifications (i.e. exhaust too loud, tires extend past the fenders, etc...), safety warning devices are available and working properly (i.e. horn works, roadside flare is in vehicle, lisince plate lock is in place, etc...), and the overall condition of the vehicle to operate safely. i.e. if your lower ball joint has deteriorated, the car will fail inspection have to get fixed, you will need to purchase temporary tags if you JCI is expired, then pay the reinspection fee and get the vehicle reinspected in order to operate on the road legally.

That being said, there is a trend for the locals to buy a new vehicle, use it for a few years and trade it in for another brand new vehicle.

Also, the extravagant rail/subway system and other public transportation available in japan, sways many to abandon owning a vehicle altogether.

The JCI inspection is a difficult inspection to pass. So, with the consumer trend of owning only new vehicles coupled with the cost of owning/operating a vehicle drives the price for used cars and parts down.

Make sense?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:36 PM

We have ton's of JDM cars up in here in Winnipeg. I've actually never seen a left hand drive z32, but I've seen over 10 different right hand drive ones. They are literally quite common here. Same with R32 Skylines.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
here's the problem i have. you know jap cars are hard to ship in and legalize only because of safety right? i know theres other stuff but teh hardest part is the safety regs that need to be met. and why? because they want crash test results. BUT. you can EAZILY legalize a freakin kit car for our roads. so WTF is up with that. im going to ship over a skyline in parts, re-assemble it, and call it a kit car.
essentially correct, if you are refering to a car made in Japan and not sold in the US like Skyline and Chaser to name a few. Being the car is not made or sold in the US, DOT does not have crash test data on the vehicle. In order to meet DOT standards the car must be crash test to ensure its safe to operate.

In order to import to the US, the vehicle must pass/have a current JCI policy, pass EPA and DOT standards must be met or the car will be refused to be shipped to and enter the US. there are different ways to import vehicle, yes. Now do you want to take the chance renting an ISO shipping container to house a car in "parts", ship it to the US and if it clears customs, try to get the car registered for use in the US? by all means.

I owned a 96 Blazier in Japan. I was trying to ship the vehicle to the US, in doing so i had to contact GM. i was told by GM, they would not send me the vehicle's EPA or DOT certification becasue they would not certify that the vehicle comformed to DOT safety standards. Assuming they ment shatter proof winshield, reinforced doors, etc...WTF?

A friend shipped a ligit R32 to the states via Motorex. His car took 6 months to clear Customs. Once it did clear customs, Motorex wouldn't release the car to the owner, i think becasue they struck a deal with customs in order for it to clear they agreed they would upgrade the car to meet DOTs safety requirements. My friend ending up having to steal his car back from Motorex. I haven't talked to him since so i dont know if he ever got the R32 registered for regular street use. but the point is, it is extremely hard to leagally import a JDM vehicle to the US. You'd have better luck importing from Canada.

So like you said, yes, the safety portion is what inhibits straight up imports. Now, kit cars i assume are not registered for regular street use. I garantee, to register a kit car there are restrictions for where the vehicle can be operated. Exactly why a few years ago they updated CFR 49's deffinition of "race only" requireing the person importing to prove the car is "race only" by first possesing a race license and prove there are scheduled events that the car will take part in. Prior to this, "race only" is the way people had been backdooring the system and importing cars.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by turboboost
We have ton's of JDM cars up in here in Winnipeg. I've actually never seen a left hand drive z32, but I've seen over 10 different right hand drive ones. They are literally quite common here. Same with R32 Skylines.
Exactly, its Canada. You dont have the stringient regulations that we do in the US.