300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

keep going and going ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 01:05 PM
turboZdriver

keep going and going ...

my z is about to roll over 120k miles. what can i do to make sure shes still in good condition, and keep her that way. in about 5 months im moving to florida, and i dont wanna have any problems once i got her all the way there. what are some things i should be checking. who here has the highest mileage z32? have you had any problems....??
Old 08-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Dan's the Man

120k service is the biggie.
make sure all connectors are clean
check fuel lines and hoses for leaks, small holes, etc
maybe PCVs, fuel filter
Old 08-05-2004, 08:13 PM
turboZdriver

should i take my z into nissan for the 120k mile service thats needed. also, my timing belt should probably be replaced again right?
Old 08-06-2004, 05:30 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by pearly whites
should i take my z into nissan for the 120k mile service thats needed. also, my timing belt should probably be replaced again right?
If you have a FSM, read through it on the service intervals. Whether you do some of the work yourself, or not, you'll get a good idea of what needs to be done so that you don't get too ripped off by the dealer or a mechanic. A lot of the inspect and replace items can be done relatively easy. The timing belts are a little more intense. Getting in that deep, you should also be replacing all of your belts and radiator and heater hoses too.

If you don't have a FSM, you should get one. Very good reading.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:07 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

Check Courtesy Parts or SGP Racing for 60k kits. That should give you some insight on what all needs to be replaced. The scope of the 60k might be too much for you if you aren't that experienced with major repairs. The timing belt is part of the 60k btw.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:38 PM

I have probably one of the higher mileage Z's. Mine is rolling over 191,000 give or take. It still runs outstanding. The original owner took very good care of it as far as the mechanics go. She also took it to a "Z" shop. She had every piece of paper on it. She even had reciepts for the oil changes. The only problem at all is that it's a SoCal car, so the exterior rubber (trim) is a bit dry. If the car is well-maintained it should run perfect for a good long time.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:40 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that I just did a 2000 mile road trip. It still runs great.