300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

VG30DET will not start Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:13 PM

VG30DET will not start Please Help!!

I am new to Nissan, I bought a Sand Rail with a VG30DET motor in it and started and ran just fine when I got it. The transaxle needed to be fixed so I pulled the motor. When I put it back in the car cranks but will not start, it has the factory wire harness tied into a LinkPlus V.14 ECU and so everything simply unplugged and plugged back in. The only thing I did while the motor was out was change the spark plugs. I have done my best to research these forums and came up with a few checks but so far no success. I took the CAS off and spun it and the injectors are firing, I did perform the ohm test on the PTU and it passed however as a last ditch I did buy and new one and again no success. I pulled a plug and checked for spark and definitely now spark, I check continuity to ground on the black wires going to the coil and PTU and we are good there. I put the old plugs back in the side that is easy to get to and it kicked over, so I went ahead and pulled the intake and changed the plugs on the other side and no luck there. I am not sure of how to check to see if the computer is working properly nothing happened to make me think that it would not work as the fuel pump and fan see to work as they should, even if it lost its mapping I would think that it would still start but not run very well. How can I check the coil pack to make sure they are getting the proper signal, ohm voltage test? If they do not check well where should I go next? I am pretty lost at this point any other checks/test would be helpful and will be happy to supply any other information.

thanks in advance,

Dan