300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

200 rwhp finally realised on my NA

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 10:06 PM

200 rwhp finally realised on my NA

Alright I dont want to hear a single word out of the TT pack. But for us NA guys 200 rwhp is alot. I finally managed 202 on Z1s dyno the other day..but it was done on an extremely muggy afternoon with temps around 80+. I have some work to do though, I can still use some timing adjustments and i can add some more fuel pressure.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt the record for rwhp from a NA at 218 without nitrious?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:42 AM
Jack Of All Trades

That's pretty good. Just for info, what are the mods you have to get the 202 rwhp? I haven't heard what the h.p. record is, but 218 seems kinda low for a 3.0 liter.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:11 AM

Z1 ECU upgrade
Z1 one piece driveshaft
maxima electric fan conversion
JWt pop charger
HKS hyper exhaust
UR pulley set
HKS ground net kit
Z1 2.5 NA test pipes
NISMO FPR
AIV eliminated
That intake mod KENZ posted

I ve spent alot of money on this car, i ve done alot more to it. NOt just engine performance. Something to think about with the 218 RWHP comment. Alot of NAers just do bolt on stuff, not many get into the internal working bc parts are not really there. Thats why i think the ho numbers are not higher for the vg30de. Eventually, after i pay for a few debts, i am planning on doin a head reworking with headers aswell as a new clutch and flywheel, split fire coil packs, and TT fuel injectors.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

218 seems low CC because economically, it's less expensive to just do a swap as opposed to making the required mods to surpass that number.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by WhtFairLadyZ
Eventually, after i pay for a few debts, i am planning on doin a head reworking with headers aswell as a new clutch and flywheel, split fire coil packs, and TT fuel injectors.
And hopefully an SAFC to utilize the TT injectors!!
Old 07-28-2005, 07:30 PM

218 does seem low. I would think proper tuning, a set of headers, a lightened flywheel and a cool day would push you over 218 pretty easily
Old 07-28-2005, 09:24 PM

I ve been wonderin about how effective the super AFC would be..i know guys with other cars that have them and they are pleased. But i havent really looked into them for mine.

BTW..the 218 rwhp comment comes from Shawn at Z1. I think he had the record for a while. But i m not entirely sure. I know it has been difficult to reach this point..the next few mods are goin to be either expensive part wise or time wise...or possibly both.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:01 PM

The S-AFC is an amazing device... You'll need some form of Data-Logging software, or a Wideband to truely tune it correctly. Hell, just get both, it will make things much simpler... More expensive, but simpler
Old 07-29-2005, 06:02 AM
Jack Of All Trades

I would speculate.............. opinion here............theoretically, but something like headers, cams, ported t/b's (I think of this because it's something I can do myself), VQ35 MAF and SAFC (to then tune fuel to added airflow) would get you substantially more than 20 r.w.h.p........

You would also match grind the plenum to the t/b's for smooth a/f. I would shoot for porting t/b's to a size proportional to the increase MAF size.

Any thoughts??????
Old 07-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

upgrade to TT injectors to provide the extra fuel to accomodate the added airflow.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:44 PM

I absolutely forgot the Twin Turbo Injector CC... What size are they again?

Anyway, You could always disassemble the engine, and do this:

-Have the heads milled down .0030
-Three angle valve job
-Ported exhaust and intake ports
-Pollish ports
-Pollish combustion chambers
-Lower to Upper Plenum ported to match
-Port Upper Plenum
-Throttle Bodies ported to match Upper Plenum
-AMZ Headers
-Good set of Camshafts
-Adjustable Camshaft Gears
-S-AFC
-Twin Turbo Injectors (or RC Engineering 550cc Injectors... They'll be hard as Hell to tune out, but they would provide ample fuel)
-Q45 MAF (VH45DE)

Then if you want... Build the lower end
Old 07-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Bad Speller

Originally Posted by NISMO LMR
I absolutely forgot the Twin Turbo Injector CC... What size are they again?
tein turbos are 370CC and Na's i believe are 270cc. or somwhat close.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Russian Pimp

I had 200.5 !
Old 07-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Jack Of All Trades

The TT injectors don't give you any tunability like the SAFC does. I wouldn't increase the c/r on a daily driver. You might go up one size on the injectors to gaurantee that you have enough fuel. Either way you'd need the wideband set-up to tune to. Or, maybe the BlaZt package. If you wanted to pull the heads, you could extrude hone the plenum, match port and polish the heads to the plenum, and then go to the largest feasible size of valve that you could fit in there.

To me, it wouldn't be worth doing much to the heads without going to bigger valves. Even if they're only a coupla millimeters, every bit counts.

By the SGP stage chart, the bottom end will be good up to 575 h.p.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

I will say tho, i'd hate to see someone actually spend that kind of money on an NA.
Crazier things have happened tho.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by Riz Z Speed
I will say tho, i'd hate to see someone actually spend that kind of money on an NA.
Crazier things have happened tho.
Keep in mind, if you decide to rebuild your n/a motor, you get the heads rebuilt anyway. That's the bulk of the cost. To that you add the cost of the new larger valves and seats. You don't have to go to some super-duper high $ valves. You find a valve that is close to the size you want, with the proper stem size and length, then have it ground to what you want. Depending on how much bigger you go, you can re-cut the stock seats. I would then match grind the port to the new seat diameter myself, rather than pay to have it done..... and, no less than a 5-angle grind.

A little note, I've been in the facility that makes all of the valves and seats for production ferraris, the hondah F! program and all KTM 4-stroke motorcycles, amongst others. btw, making valves and seats is a boring business.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:56 PM

I want to build my NA for very that very reason Riz. No one does it..I am sick and tired of turbo this turbo that. I am a college bound student who owns both a TT and a NA. I have had more fun out of building my NA than I have my TT. No one wants to build NAs, I do. I think they sound better in a way. No one has the guts anymore to just leave it NA. From attending car shows and Z related events...the only people who really tune and build the Z car are the ones who own TTs. I want that to change.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:34 AM
Dan's the Man

I want to build my NA for very that very reason Riz. No one does it..I am sick and tired of turbo this turbo that. I am a college bound student who owns both a TT and a NA. I have had more fun out of building my NA than I have my TT. No one wants to build NAs, I do. I think they sound better in a way. No one has the guts anymore to just leave it NA. From attending car shows and Z related events...the only people who really tune and build the Z car are the ones who own TTs. I want that to change.
I am with you FairLady. 100%.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

I can respect that.
I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing about your progress.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Silvered Hawaiian

im building up my NA cause who likes to get their buttocks handed to them from one? LOL