300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

300zx no fuel to injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:15 PM

300zx no fuel to injectors?

hey guys i put the engine back in my z and it wont start?Im getting spark but no fuel except for cylinder #6 i dissconected the coils and turned the cas by hand after that i pulled the plugs and the only one that smelled like gas and was wet was cylinder #6?What might be the reason for this?

I dont have the exhaust on my z only the stock headers and when i turn the engine by hand i can hear the compression on each cylinder and when i try to start it i can also hear it is this normal? Like a little popping sound?

Things i have checked:
turned cas by hand fuel pump primes,i checked fuses next to battery there all good,checked fuses under steering wheel all good,i also checked the egi and the ign coil green cube fuses they seem to be fine ,injectors read 12.9 ohm all of them,i have the older style ptu but it is working i have spark

What might be causing the problem?thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Ruff Ryder

I'm taking a plunge into the depths here, are you out of gas? Are you getting gas to the fuel filter? Are you getting gas to the regulator? Have you actually tried diagnosing the car instead of running around with your head cut off guessing?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by hoov100
I'm taking a plunge into the depths here, are you out of gas? Are you getting gas to the fuel filter? Are you getting gas to the regulator? Have you actually tried diagnosing the car instead of running around with your head cut off guessing?
of ourse there is gas i have not been able to check the fuel pressure but before i took my old engine out it would start fine with the same fuel regulators same fuel filter... the other day i pulled the fuel hose that runs from the fuel filter to the fuel regulator and gas came gushing out so there definetly gas ther i ran ecu codes andthe ( cas) came up but that was because i took it out when it was on the on position to hear the injectors click..i even used another cas that i have same thing did not start.. i have spark and when i checked injetors there was a loud click, the fuel pump primed and i heard a gushing sound coming from inside the fuel regulator but still no luck all plugs were dry except 1 it came out wet blackish and smelled like gas so im guessing injectors are plugged im gonna check if the injectors are getting signal to open and close if they are then ima pull the plenum and swap injectors from my old engine and i will see what happens hopefully it wil start perfectly!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by sdkid123
of ourse there is gas i have not been able to check the fuel pressure but before i took my old engine out it would start fine with the same fuel regulators same fuel filter... the other day i pulled the fuel hose that runs from the fuel filter to the fuel regulator and gas came gushing out so there definetly gas ther i ran ecu codes andthe ( cas) came up but that was because i took it out when it was on the on position to hear the injectors click..i even used another cas that i have same thing did not start.. i have spark and when i checked injetors there was a loud click, the fuel pump primed and i heard a gushing sound coming from inside the fuel regulator but still no luck all plugs were dry except 1 it came out wet blackish and smelled like gas so im guessing injectors are plugged im gonna check if the injectors are getting signal to open and close if they are then ima pull the plenum and swap injectors from my old engine and i will see what happens hopefully it wil start perfectly!
your fuel pump can run all it wants, but if it's not pressurizing from either the pump going out or the fuel level is too low to the point where the pickup is above the fuel level.

If you have spark, have compression and you can hear the injectors clicking when you turn the CAS, then you obviously don't have enough fuel...
Old 03-04-2011, 12:30 PM

your fuel pump can run all it wants, but if it's not pressurizing from either the pump going out or the fuel level is too low to the point where the pickup is above the fuel level.

If you have spark, have compression and you can hear the injectors clicking when you turn the CAS, then you obviously don't have enough fuel...
But it was good before and i do not hear clicking on the injectors so wouldnt that mean that there clogged?and why would only one injector spray fuel?
Old 03-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by sdkid123
But it was good before and i do not hear clicking on the injectors so wouldnt that mean that there clogged?and why would only one injector spray fuel?
ok, so when you do turn the CAS the injectors DON'T click. I would fallow the wiring to the ECU, check the ECU plug (pull it off, blow it out, plug it back in) and see if they click after that. If not I would check for power to the injectors and borrow a good ECU.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:43 PM

ok, so when you do turn the CAS the injectors DON'T click. I would fallow the wiring to the ECU, check the ECU plug (pull it off, blow it out, plug it back in) and see if they click after that. If not I would check for power to the injectors and borrow a good ECU.
I figured out the Problem I took the injectors out of my OLD engine and connected them to the wiring harness to see if hey would shoot out gas and they all did so that means that the injector that are in the engine that is in my car right now are clogged up so tommorw I will be swapping them :/
Old 03-16-2011, 11:48 AM

I've actually had a similar situation before. Turned out that the owner had over heated the engine enough that he melted the plastic on the injectors around the screen area. The melted plastic plugged the holes in the injector and kept them from getting fuel. They were cheap Venom injectors though, can't say I've ever heard of this with stock injectors. Without physically looking at them, all tests pointed towards them being good. Ohmed out ok, clicked with the CAS, etc.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:26 PM

So was the engine turning over just not firing up I'm having an issue and I believe it is fuel line issues