300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Biiiigggg UGH!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 AM

Biiiigggg UGH!!

So, my 2+0 NA is amazing and all but i feel like the throttle response is horrible.. new exhaust system gears change around 5rpms (when i floor it) and no Umph when i floor it ..

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

what should i do.. change gaskets? search for Leaks? WTH should I do?!

thanks in advance!!

NSFR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/395671...zx-gs-coupe-2d
Old 01-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Horsepower Mathematician

Are you talking throttle response or oomph? To me these are two pretty different things. My Z has slower throttle response than I expected it to have, but damn it's got plenty of oomph! It's TT though, but my friend's got a 180SX which has about the same HP as N/A 300ZX and it's definitely got some pull to it.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:06 AM

I'm talking oomph, when I press the throttle I get a decent response, but I don't get the Ooomph that I feel should be there.. maybe its just not what im used to.. i have a 240sx an that has plenty of throttle response and Ooomph!! i love it.. but i feel my 300zx is a bit behind in those categories..
Old 01-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Horsepower Mathematician

Ah. Could it be the auto transmission's just not keeping it in ideal revs? Is the lack of oomph something that's changed since you've had the car, or has it always been lacking (compared to your expectations)?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:53 PM

I just got the car a month ago.. So I'm not sure what the oomph should be..

Also I checked my ECU and its not throwing any codes.. But my check engine light is on..

Any suggestions what to check?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Horsepower Mathematician

Ah sorry can't really help you on that one. Maybe it just needs its whatever-k mile service?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM

I felt the same about my first Z32... I raced my cousin in his bmw (a car that feels like it has oooomph) therefore i concluded that the Z having been built for performance doesnt let it feel soo in your face.....
Old 02-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Horsepower Mathematician

You are talking about the N/A models though... TT definitely has oomph. My buddy had a 600hp Jetta and still was amazed at how my car pulled.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by NSFR
I just got the car a month ago.. So I'm not sure what the oomph should be..

Also I checked my ECU and its not throwing any codes.. But my check engine light is on..

Any suggestions what to check?
Well,thats your first problem there...CEL being on is not allowing the car to run at full capacity...Also it being an auto vs 5 speed factors in as well