300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Fiber Glass intake box... LOOK AT THIS (that means you DOUCHE BAG!!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 07:43 PM

Fiber Glass intake box... LOOK AT THIS (that means you DOUCHE BAG!!!!!)

First off, sorry for the mean comment (just had to get you in here... haha) now what I am looking for is a fiberglass (or aluminum, or carbon fiber, or what ever the hell other composite or metal there is out there.) intake tube, the tube that connects to the cone filter... Ya diggin me so far? The whole crappy rubber tubing is looking quite ghetto to me. So shoot me back if you know of any company who makes this part, or if you need clarificaton, just email me at nismolmr@aol.com.. peace
Old 10-15-2003, 01:46 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

You gotta be kidding me NISMO!!
You haven't seen the INJEN piece yet! It's been out for a while now! Look it up in your favorite online retailer they should have it. If not try your second favorite. There are also cheap knock-offs on E-Bay for around $70 or so.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:39 PM

I am a misunderstood guy

nonono rizz... the part that is connected to the actually CONE filter. See?? the three way tubing... THATS what im talking about, Im gong to replace the ENTIRE system... Im thinking that I may have to custom design one though.. So shoot me back with what you think man, thanks again, peace
Old 10-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

certainly misunderstood LOL

That I haven't seen yet. If you know someone that's a wiz with silicone hoses you let me know. Someone would be makin a killin on that little idea. Doesn't the air intake tubes also feed other parts of the engine and such? I know there's other tubing snaking its way from under the front bumper. Question is, where does it all go?
Old 10-16-2003, 04:47 PM

You lost me towards the end there rizz.. haha, yea im thinking about just custom fabbing up one.. So Ill let you know how it goes.. peace
Old 10-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Sorry what I meant was, Doesn't the air intake tubes feed other parts of the engine or possibly interior after the filter? Would redoing the intake tubing like you want interfere with that?
Old 10-17-2003, 05:07 PM

O..... good point..

Well all I am saying is basically get the fitting size for each end, and just fab up a box with the fittings set accordingly... Ya dig?? I dont think this would affect the other set-ups what so ever. Im thinking about either aluminum, or hell, maybe just coat the stock tube WITH fiber glass, just to get it looking better... All opinions wanted, peace
Old 10-18-2003, 10:18 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

You just want it to look better? I thought you wanted performance gains!
If you just want the look why not just take the stock plastic pieces and sand them down smooth on the outside and then paint them whatever color you'd like. Same with the piece the connects to the filter. Or any others that strike you as needing 'color'. I don't think that replacing the pieces with fiberglass would be a good idea because of the non-smoothness of the inside of a fiberglass tube. Aluminum has been done. Coating the plastic tubes, I think, would look weird because they'd end up substantionally bigger in diameter. It's up to you. You could always try. later
Old 10-18-2003, 10:34 AM

Well I am deffinately going for some power gain, So I am thinking that aluminum would be the best way to go, but still, it is quite the bitch to build.. Anyways, if you have a better idea of how to do it, PLEASE let me know... peace