300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Freezeing my butt off

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 12:23 PM

Freezeing my butt off

Ok today it was 28 outside and my heat does not work! I have done the dignostics and I believe that the air mix door actuator is not working. Could anyone tell me how I could fix this? I took it to the Nissan dealer and they didn't know there a$$ from a hole in the ground. The air wasn't working either but I fix it myself with the dignostics it has on the auto climate control. Any help on how I could fix this plz? Maybe even rig it where SOME heat comes out. (the heater core is hooked up im not an idot )

Thanks. N8
Old 12-07-2005, 03:03 PM
confuzed member

your heater core could also be out, which would require replacing it.....that requires taking out the Dash.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:27 PM

Hell yeah it's cold. I went into work at 0600, then I come out nine hours later to see ice on my car. Man, I thought I moved away from this stuff.

Chris
Old 12-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Doesn't post much...

It was 26 degrees at my house this morning when I got up here in North San Diego County ... But it's about 72 degrees right now. It's what they call a "Long thermometer" day. In a couple hours it'll get cold again. It stayed nice just long enough to drive with the t-tops off

Rod.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Über User

i invested in a garage....ok no i didnt but i mooch off my parents and steal one of there spots...its a heat 3 car garage they only deserve 2 and my sister is in spain so i wont hear her complain.......mmmmm heated garage toasty warm. wait, i got an idea for a temporary fix, purchase an a/c converter for cigarette liters or just hook directly to the battery buy lots of duck tape and a space heater, add all 3 together and have a mexican heated car. it works, not super safe but thats y u got the duct tape. no you dotn feel like just driving off the next bridge you see until you get that fixed. its not expensive either.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:10 PM

hahaha not a bad idea.....today i was accutaly thinking of doing that but with a hair drier and duck tape it into one of the floor vents. I just donno if a a/c converter can handel a hair drier.....HAHA. and im not one for rig'en things but if it works.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Maybe you can check the FSM, find that heater door and open it manually, or wedge something in there to hold it open.

It's been in the 20's here in the mornings for well over a week. A point in time, weekend b4 last, it was 22 when I got up, 28 when I went outside at 8 and 42 when I came back in at 1. We had a fire in the fireplace from friday afternoon till monday morning. If you think car gas prices are high, the last I looked, Propane was $3.30 a gallon. I'll be ordering up a coupla cords of firewood this weekend.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:15 AM

I seem to have the same problem, I bought a heater that plugs into the cig lighter. $16 at Advanced auto. Quick fix to defrost on the way in from work at 0100hrs I am looking for the fix to that door as well. I know that fluid is going through the core (since I have the water **** removed and a valve installed in the open position, all the hoses get hot = flow) So I am guessing that it is that door. I may just have to break down and take my Lady to the local Z doc.