300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

my build check it out

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Banned

my build check it out

Hello every one! Im here to share my exsperiants how ever u spell that. with my z. i want to let every one enjoy my car as much as i do.
im gonig to start off with my list of mods

ENGINE
  1. carillo super a beam rods
  2. wisco pistons
  3. stage 4 head with stage 3 parts from z1
  4. 675rs turbo kit
  5. nx direct port nitrous kit with boost progresive control used for spool up shot and safety of direct port
  6. UR pulleys
  7. RPS clutch and fly wheel
  8. ss brake and clutch line
  9. chromoly pivit ball
  10. 97 spec tranny
  11. arp head and mains
  12. labree 3 inch super split pipes
  13. 3 inch custom exquast system
  14. Z1 oil cooler
  15. howe radiator with spal fan
  16. AEM stand alone with knock sensor
  17. PLX R 500 wide ban with egt and knock and g sensor
  18. apexi boost controller
  19. greddy turbo timer
  20. greddy intercoolers
  21. on the way is masive ash and 2.5 pipes
  22. cometic head gasket
  23. greddy timing belt
  24. new oil pump water pump and gasket kit
  25. coated oem bearing
  26. if i have forgoten somthing i will post it later forgive me
  27. mike smith manifolds
  28. 2 way carbon diff by carbonetics
  29. all t bolts clamps on everything
  30. tt fuel pump
  31. aeromotive fpr
  32. 850 cc injectors
  33. upgrade plenums
  34. custom lovours behind the wheels for better flow for intercooler along with ducts front my fog lights to help with heat soak
ok so now for out side mods
  1. wings west body kit
  2. seamless design done by me
  3. veilside ec2 wing
  4. removed rear wiper and ant. and side lites
  5. volk sf chalenge rims on order
  6. colbolt blue kandy paint job soon
  7. no new intior yet but soon hopfully
suspension
  1. stillen bars and spl end links
  2. tien coilovers
  3. front and rear upper control arms
  4. traction arm
  5. toe arms
  6. all new ES bushings
  7. solid subframe bushings
  8. spl front fender braces
  9. roll cage on the way

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-20-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

Ok so let me tell you guys about my ride. it was orginally a N/A. its a 2+2.
I started out with the howe rad and spal fan, But i bought it for turbo model because i knew I would be doing a swap later when i got all my parts. then i bought new trans and rps flywheel and clutch,Then Ur pulleys, I did brake upgrades first. followed by suspension. Then i did the power plant I wanted to handle the power and be able to stop. Also i got roturas on order for aditional stoping power.i cant upload the pictures at the molent some troubles are acuring so please be patiant thanks

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-20-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:34 PM
The Good Twin

Are you going to convert to HICAS?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/Booostedz/
here is my photo bucket check it out
Old 02-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Are you going to convert to HICAS?
noway. i already bought toe arms. thats to much works for somthing that will break later on anyway hicas is known for over steer problems when they go bad, also its not good for a car with solid subframe bushings and traction arms you need the eliminator to use everything properly

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-20-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Banned

so ill tell you guys about how I made my baby seamless I used about 25 tubes of norton speed grip and glued everything first. I also used it on the back bumper as a filler because its super strong and I know it wont crack. so after i did that I did a light filler to level out everything on the back bumper. for the side skirts I pop rivited it and glued it on along with glass putty followed by light filler then polyester filler for the pin holes. Then I used and hs fill surface primer. I only used top notch products on my car. I sanded for days in and out till it was perfect to my specs. ill be back to talk about ti more in 2 hours guys hope you like my ride!!!

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-20-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned

can every one view those pictures with out being a user? b 300zx you check the pictures out? you like what I have done?? IM working right now on a custome master cylinder for my brakes and clutch. i also order a cos watever nickle plating kit. im plating all metal lines under the hood its going to be sleek
Old 02-20-2007, 04:09 PM
caught the z fever

much better
Old 02-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Über User

much much better. much better on the post and spelling also. better setup.

but the hard part on your build is still to come. putting the engine back into the car and makin it run good. lol. but for what you have done so far you shouldnt have to much troubles.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
much much better. much better on the post and spelling also. better setup.

but the hard part on your build is still to come. putting the engine back into the car and makin it run good. lol. but for what you have done so far you shouldnt have to much troubles.
Yeah my heads come assembled. The block i got from the shop for 150 more to have that assembled so I went and did that. I have changed my motor a couple of time already so it should not be a problem.
i need some help tho im polishing my 2 master cyinders (clutch and brakes) but does the res come off the brake master? it looks like i could get it off. I dont want to try unless i get some opiouns on taking it off here are some pictures any ways. damm it man i cant find my mandrel for my toosie rolls! ahh i can't get those tight spots till i find it.
Attached Thumbnails my build check it out-master-cyinders.jpg  
Old 02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

much easier to read post. thank you. can everyone get along now?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by entropy31
much easier to read post. thank you. can everyone get along now?
ov course bro im peachy its all good . everyone one looks like there chill with me wicth is cool. Any one got any good ideas for my car? and custom stuff I can do to my ride? Any reccomendations? some one know if I can take that res off?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

Ok guys I got a question I got new chrome water pipes with new sensors. ok so I have aftermarket gauge. Really dont want to drill a nother hole. so my idea was to put a resistor inline with the wire for my temp gauge in the dash, so when I start the car it will go up to temp right away then when my car is off it will go back down, then use the hole for my new gauge. what do yah guys think? i found the proper resitor to bring the gauge on my dash up at the right spot so it does not look like im over heating
Old 02-20-2007, 05:13 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by Boosted Z
Any reccomendations?
rethink the wing maybe. just doesnt really flow right IMO.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Banned

rethink the wing maybe. just doesnt really flow right IMO.
I can't return it tho so im stuck with it now. I think it will ook way better when painted I think it will flow better. it was also only taped on the car. I just hate tall wings. I want a low profile wing that is killer.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:34 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i dont care for tall wings at all. i guess it is mostly the little "winglets" on the ends that turn me off.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Banned

i dont care for tall wings at all. i guess it is mostly the little "winglets" on the ends that turn me off.
I feel yah. i think the winglets will look better when it matches the car .Right now its all differnt colors lol. right now im sanding my plenum so i can polish it on my new bufer i got! yay here is a picture of me working on it. also a picture of my doolz
Attached Thumbnails my build check it out-plenum-bewing-polished.jpg   my build check it out-doolz.jpg  
Old 02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Über User

polish the doolz intake also unless you planned on it already, also your gonna paint the car with the engine out yes? if you werent id rethink that. looks cleaner with a shiny matching engine bay. and use the word "ride" less lol. sorry it is just akward to me.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

polish the doolz intake also unless you planned on it already, also your gonna paint the car with the engine out yes? if you werent id rethink that. looks cleaner with a shiny matching engine bay. and use the word "ride" less lol. sorry it is just akward to me.
well my Z i was planing on paint the engine bay gloss black with chrome parts, and chrome and polish master clinders and hard lines,water lines, and so on. I want to do that so my powerplant will stand out. im deffently polishing the doolz, should i get hks super mega fitlers or JWT or the new dry technoligy from AEM witch are smaller to save me some space. im also painting the base coat then sanding it for a better finsh for the kandy then top coat

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-20-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:47 PM
caught the z fever

Originally Posted by Boosted Z
Ok guys I got a question I got new chrome water pipes with new sensors. ok so I have aftermarket gauge. Really dont want to drill a nother hole. so my idea was to put a resistor inline with the wire for my temp gauge in the dash, so when I start the car it will go up to temp right away then when my car is off it will go back down, then use the hole for my new gauge. what do yah guys think? i found the proper resitor to bring the gauge on my dash up at the right spot so it does not look like im over heating
im not completely understanding this. are you wanting to install the aftermarket sensor in the stock sensor spot and then run a resistor to the dash to make the needle move still?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by b300z
im not completely understanding this. are you wanting to install the aftermarket sensor in the stock sensor spot and then run a resistor to the dash to make the needle move still?
Yeah I want the needle to go back up again. It will **** me off if I see it always on cold, and if I glue it in place it will look stupid so the other option is to put a resitor inline where it plugs in to the sensor on the water pipe so it goes up every time you start the car. so ill use the sport in the water pipe for my new senor for my colbolt gauge
Old 02-20-2007, 08:04 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

wait, so you want your temp sensor to LOOK like its working, even though you know it is NOT working????

no comment..........
Old 02-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Über User

i see where he is comin from it would annoy me to as long as he is running another guage obviously. but idk if it seems worth the work or money... even though its not much money lol.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Jack Of All Trades

wait, so you want your temp sensor to LOOK like its working, even though you know it is NOT working????

no comment..........
LOL..........
Old 02-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Banned

i see where he is comin from it would annoy me to as long as he is running another guage obviously. but idk if it seems worth the work or money... even though its not much money lol.
i have over 5000 resitors, multipule selections out the wazoo. i builld my own circuit boards for fun and make cool stuff, the reason i want to do that is because i dont want a nother sensor on my pipes. 1 reason because im hiding all my wires under the hood and mainly because a 3rd senor would ruin the look

Quick Reply: my build check it out