300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

my build check it out

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by entropy31
wait, so you want your temp sensor to LOOK like its working, even though you know it is NOT working????

no comment..........
i ahve and after market gauge i want to use the the hole on my water pipes for my aftermarket gauge, so that is why i want to do that for numerous reason that i stated in last post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:14 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by Boosted Z
i ahve and after market gauge i want to use the the hole on my water pipes for my aftermarket gauge, so that is why i want to do that for numerous reason that i stated in last post
you should wire it up so both work.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Banned

so its 12 1 am almost and im still sanding my parts now in my room lol i cant stop!! it must be done to go to z nationals so heckit around here lol

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-20-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by entropy31
you should wire it up so both work.
well i tryed to use one sensor and make them both work but it didnt work the voltage of my gauge is differnt then the dash sensor. the resiistant of the stock sensor is a little less then the aftermarket one. i conducted a test by heating each sensor up to a controlled temp and i contiued to read the flow with my digital meter
Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

maybe i could fit the sensor in the pecok at hte bottom my my howe radiator and when i need to drain ill pull the sensor out, thas a possiblty. maybe
Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 PM
caught the z fever

have you thought about putting the aftermarket sensor in the back of the water pipe and then running the wires underneath the throttle cable cover? then you can have both working.
or maybe incorporate the stock gauge for something else. just a thought
Old 02-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Banned

all most done sanding my mater slinder i got some corners to do and there are some deformed parts where it was casted that i cant help. but beside that its going to looks sweet
Attached Thumbnails my build check it out-masteer.jpg  
Old 02-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Bad Speller

Ok guys I got a question I got new chrome water pipes with new sensors. ok so I have aftermarket gauge. Really dont want to drill a nother hole. so my idea was to put a resistor inline with the wire for my temp gauge in the dash, so when I start the car it will go up to temp right away then when my car is off it will go back down, then use the hole for my new gauge. what do yah guys think? i found the proper resitor to bring the gauge on my dash up at the right spot so it does not look like im over heating
you take the 1 wire sensor out (sending unit to stock gauge) and you retap to fir the Aftermarket sensor. done deal.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by b300z
have you thought about putting the aftermarket sensor in the back of the water pipe and then running the wires underneath the throttle cable cover? then you can have both working.
or maybe incorporate the stock gauge for something else. just a thought
deffently i would like both working. i could mount it in my hard pipe also ill check out all the ideas thanks bro. im going to bed i got work tomarrow. iv bin up all day and night polishing and sanding so much work
Old 02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bardabe
you take the 1 wire sensor out (sending unit to stock gauge) and you retap to fir the Aftermarket sensor. done deal.
well yeah i no that, that is what i was doing, but I still wanted my dash gauge to work so in that case I was going to put inline resitor so it looked like it was worknig so it doidnt bother me with the needle at the bottom. My plan was to take that one wire sensor out and not use the dash and use a resistor to make the dash gauge look like its at the right temp

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-20-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Bad Speller

well yeah i no that, that is what i was doing, but I still wanted my dash gauge to work so in that case I was going to put inline resitor so it looked like it was worknig so it doidnt bother me with the needle at the bottom. My plan was to take that one wire sensor out and not use the dash and use a resistor to make the dash gauge look like its at the right temp
or you can always just get this. the SPL parts "Billet aluminum radiator hose sensor adapter with a female 1/8 BSPT port for installing temp sensors"

and hack the lower radiator hose. done deal.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:47 AM
Jack Of All Trades

So after viewing the pics, it looks like you bought someone elses unfinished project car. Did you get a car fax with it? By the looks of the various levels of old paint, I suspect that it's been wrecked.

You can see that the blue finish on the crossover tube is old and most of the aftermarket suspension parts are rusty.

It looks like you're doing alot on the body work, and with the interior gutted, why wouldn't you just remove all of the glass and trim before paint? Doing that would make it look like a new car when finished as opposed to a repainted car with the flaws that you tend to have where it's taped off.

If you bought the car in pieces, good luck getting it going. I can't wait to see the finished pics and dyno charts.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:12 AM
Banned

No it wasn't wrecked. And no im not doing any ones old prodject car. and no there snot rust they got sanding dust on everything. And that balnce tube was just painted my friend it also is dirty and it was painted once b4 i got my car 3 years ago no big deal. there a lot of sanding dust on everything . that makes it look old i guess. but if some reason you dont beleave me I would gladly go clean everything to take pictures to mame you happy. Also this is my z that i showed in past threads it was grey. an i have evry part to it. in bags labeled and boxed it only taped off for primer ,the windows will come out for final sanding. i just didnt have room to put them if i took them out
Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
So after viewing the pics, it looks like you bought someone elses unfinished project car. Did you get a car fax with it? By the looks of the various levels of old paint, I suspect that it's been wrecked.

You can see that the blue finish on the crossover tube is old and most of the aftermarket suspension parts are rusty.

It looks like you're doing alot on the body work, and with the interior gutted, why wouldn't you just remove all of the glass and trim before paint? Doing that would make it look like a new car when finished as opposed to a repainted car with the flaws that you tend to have where it's taped off.

If you bought the car in pieces, good luck getting it going. I can't wait to see the finished pics and dyno charts.

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-21-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:13 AM
Banned

or you can always just get this. the SPL parts "Billet aluminum radiator hose sensor adapter with a female 1/8 BSPT port for installing temp sensors"

and hack the lower radiator hose. done deal.
spl usealy make you buy a gauge from them to be able to buy that
edit:
here is what spl says"Gauge install fittings

We carry a variety of fittings for installing Defi, Blitz, etc gauges on most Nissan cars.

Please note that we are temporarily restricting the sales of some fittings to customers purchasing or who have purchased their gauges from us. This is due to low inventory and difficulty of providing tech support and sourcing these fittings. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-21-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Banned

no it wasnt wreck and no im not doing any ones old prodject car and no there not rusty they got sanding dust on everything and that balnce tube was just painted my friend. and it was painted once b4 i got my car 3 years ago no big deal. there a lot of sanding dust on everything . that makes it look old i guess. but if some reason you dont beleave me I would gladly go clean everything to take pictures to mame you happy
Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
So after viewing the pics, it looks like you bought someone elses unfinished project car. Did you get a car fax with it? By the looks of the various levels of old paint, I suspect that it's been wrecked. also this is mt z taht i showed in past threads it was grey. an i have evry part to it. in bags labeled and boxed it only taped off for primer the windows will come out for final sanding. i just didnt have room to put them if i took them out

Old 02-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Banned

one reason CC it might look oold because it was not polished to a show shine yet i was leting it cure b4 polishing. here is a picture of the paint i used and the pipe again
Attached Thumbnails my build check it out-kandy.jpg   my build check it out-pipe-kandy.jpg  
Old 02-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Banned

here is and old picture of my car b4 i started, also most of my suspension I did when my car was n/a. the main reason for that is to handle everything im puting in the car.
Attached Thumbnails my build check it out-my-car-old.jpg  
Old 02-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Banned

also my car has bin in the garage for year and a half of sanding . its guna look like and old project lol ,ahh it will be all polished shinny soon and i will have dyno chart to show when im all done hoping for around 650 700 on race gas and 515 to 550 on pump. and with No2 on pump maybe 650 700, on race no higher then 900

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-21-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Bad Speller

looking forward to this.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Banned

looking forward to this.
hellz yeah i hope your not the only one , besides me oviously lol. im pumped I have bin waiting for this day to come and the day is here! and stuff has gone so far so good very smoothly. So i hope the rest of what i got to do will go smooth loike the rest
Old 02-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Bad Speller

hellz yeah i hope your not the only one , besides me oviously lol. im pumped I have bin waiting for this day to come and the day is here! and stuff has gone so far so good very smoothly. So i hope the rest of what i got to do will go smooth loike the rest
yeah the only thing that sucks is that you wont be able to put out car through allot of stress. seamless is good ****, but i guarantee it will crack once you start tracking the car in a few months. I know from experience. it happened to me, it also happened yo my friends R32. non the less it still looks baller. what color are you going to paint it???? Blue?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned

yeah the only thing that sucks is that you wont be able to put out car through allot of stress. seamless is good ****, but i guarantee it will crack once you start tracking the car in a few months. I know from experience. it happened to me, it also happened yo my friends R32. non the less it still looks baller. what color are you going to paint it???? Blue?
yeah colbolt kandy blue. for the seams i used norton speed grip strucual glue about 25 to 30 tubes at 32 dollors a piece, i used it as a filler so i think it would be good for a decent amount of time, no bondo crap was used to make it seamless only the glue and i sanded it down to a nice finsh. then used a flex u pol self leveling putty. the most durable flexable stuff around, I tested it on everything to make sure it was flexible anuff. the side skirts i kno for sure wont crack there glued and rivited and glass puddy( long hair fiber stuff). I went over board to make sure it was crack resistant. also igot front fender braces ,roll cage and carb strut bars all on the way to eliminate the flex i will just ahve to drive and hope my preventive maitnaice pay outs

Last edited by Boosted Z; 02-21-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Banned

here is a pic of what I used. I don't have a picture of the norton stuff I used. here is a picture also of the final polishing of my master clyinder
Attached Thumbnails my build check it out-glue.jpg   my build check it out-master-al-most-finshesd.jpg  
Old 02-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Banned

here is a picture of thew master polished with a little mothers mag and alum polish, on top of the new modified that you must get today!! lol
Attached Thumbnails my build check it out-pipes-polished.jpg  
Old 02-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Banned

hey guys i would have posted more pictures but i just got out of the hispital. i didnt feel good, i felt like i was suficating and had severe pains all over. Im still in pain but they gave me a couple pain killers for it. hoppfully this un none pain will go away. its agravating

Quick Reply: my build check it out